Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

According to a post on NeoGAF, the PC version is good.

Unfortunately for people expecting something over 60FPS, the game is locked at 60 due to engine limitations. It also supports resolutions higher than 1080P so I look forward to playing this on my 4K monitor.

I'm trying to get some confirmation from my sources that have the game and are playing the game right now according to my Steam Friends. The fact that they're not going in and out of game is good because they're not crashing it seems. Don't know whether they're embargoed or not but I'll try to ask the hard questions for you guys, off the record but as I said, they're playing the according to the Steam Community and have 5 hours logged so far.

That's good to hear. When they talk about those features does this confirm the original lighting is back in for pc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

There's also the extra issue that, if you have an XBox, it still wants the same ports, and two devices can't have the same ports open for them with port forwarding. So you have to mess with the registry.

The fact this requires a regedit will always be amazing. Being able to choose ports in an option menu isn't exactly revolutionary!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So you can increase the difficulty and there is no way to undo this. That's interesting. And potentially problematic.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Turra posted:

I also thought that would be a problem, but it is decrypting all the same.

But can you actually play? Because if so... :woop:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

VPN into Japan apparently.

Not worth the trouble, really.

Depends on whether or not you already have the connections set up. If not, sure, but if you do it's literally a few clicks and done.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Sorry if these were brought up before, thread is only getting bigger and bigger.

If you stumble across a hacker and get a ton of souls, is your soul memory insta-hosed or can I still jump off a cliff and leave it all behind in a blood stain?

I recall someone saying that after beating the the pursuer you'd find some nice armor. Am I blind for not finding it? It was kinda late, so...

Went into the zone through the entrance right after that boss and uh, is that a hidden route? Some of the enemy placement makes it seem as if I am going through the place in reverse order or something.

Ok last one: are bellfry and sinner's rise optional? What if you don't join the covenant, is it possible to get through there then or will it be pvp at every turn, staircase etc.

Sorry for that list, thanks in advance. :)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It's nice that your roll stays response until a pretty high %.

And thanks for the answers so far. Good stuff!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

To me it felt like 0-70 mostly determined roll distance and then suddenly your roll becomes poo poo once you get to 70.1. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there any reason I can't use estus when summoned anymore? Was that unique to the way of the blue?

Does this happen during fights with enemy phantoms? There's an item that causes it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Cyberventurer posted:

I didn't get a sunlight medal for summoning a sunbro for a boss fight. :( Yes, he survived.

Was it because I summoned an NPC first?

Maybe only the one getting summoned gets a medal if they are a sunbro?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ok so what do you need to do get fast roll in the heavy armors? Eat the diminishing returns on End and use multiple +load rings?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

ymgve posted:

Any tips for the three sentinels in the Lost Bastille? I've died so many times to them now that all the minions between the bonfire and the fog door has gone extinct (Which was a relief, gently caress when you mispulled and got five guys swarming you at once). I can easily deal with the first on the ledge, but when the two remaining ones attack me at once I end up pretty dead.

Summon a bro or two. Swarm the first one and divide yourselves among the remaining two.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I completely overlooked that guard breaks enable repostes at first. I noticed the sorta-slow wind up and immediately stopped using it. Well done, me! :saddowns::hf::downs:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I just noticed the thread title of the other thread. Look I'm slow, ok?

still have no idea what the hell gavlan is on about. Does he even know himself?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Got through earthen peak, not too fond of the place. A lot of messages about torches pointed me in the right direction thank god.

Is there anything amazing hidden in that zone? I hope not since it's an annoying place and I'd rather move on.

E: it's also bullshit that my bow can't break pots :colbert:. It's a good thing I always carry a ton of explosives with me.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 1, 2014

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

:downs: aha so it's the wooden arrows I used. Makes sense I guess. Yeah the pools are drained and I started farting about in the next area.

I guess another trip wouldn't hurt(much). That shield did look neat. I'll try farming it!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I lost all the bonus souls from the earthen peak boss kill in the next area because I stepped on a heated floor and the damage was ludicrous. Guess where my stain appeared? on the heated floor. Impossible to retrieve.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Reason posted:

I talked to this NPC named Pate and he gave me all his items, why? Did I do something for him before and forgot?

I'm getting the feeling you smacked a npc around at some point. Did you?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Is there a Mace-equivalent of the great sword that is not made of wood? Essentially I am looking for something that resembles the basic mace, morning star or hammer. Because fashion.

Ps the morning star and regular mace have very similar damage stats and I went with the star. Should I switch to the mace for the scaling?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Well that explains me not finding any. Also not sure how I missed the large club, since I've been through that room plenty for the bellfry.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

It's funny how people were bitching about Dark Souls not having a hub world that lead into sections like Demon's Souls, and now people are bitching Dark Souls 2 doesn't have a seamless interconnected world like Dark Souls did.

Also I think "easiest boss" has to go to the Demon of Song, I guess maybe it was easier because I was melee, though. Attack, attack, step back, step forward, repeat.

I think you will never solve this problem because many people can be drawn to the same thing for many different reasons. If you satisfy one group with your design another will dislike you for doing so.

I don't mind either way, I can see the merit of both.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ok so I think I just found the King. Is he supposed to just... kinda be there? He is targetable and there are bloodstains around indicating there should be something to fight but all I could do is pick up an item and that was it. I can't damage the guy. I guess I have what I need to continue, but I feel I am missing something here. Any idea's?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

You can't run past the 3 boss fights and then the terrible gimmick boss at the very end.

You need giant souls. He has crazy high defense but each giant's soul in your inventory decreases it. You can get a total of 5, 4 of which are pretty easy to get. You can't get them now though, so just come back later.

Vendrick is what I treat as this game's final boss. He's not really hard but the atmosphere at least makes it a nice fight, and the actual final boss has nothing going for it.

Ah ok. I guess this is something they clue you in on later as I just got here and he is just sort of invincible and drooling.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah coming across the Embeddded was a :stare: moment. For a second I got a Silent Hill 3 vibe.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I like how the player is sticking to his own sunny D.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

:aaa: I just found the steel armor set. Didn't think the game would have it. Always liked the look of that one. Not sure what hat to use for it though. Most of them cause the collar to be removed which is unacceptable. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So I suppose no one knows at this point whether or not this version will be worth it. I have a character who finished the end game ages ago but I didn't bother picking up the dlc at that time. Now I felt like getting it but I have no idea whether or not it is better to wait. I don't suppose we have any idea what the pricing will be?