Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

I don't think that being stuck at home for a while because of a sports injury is generally what shut-in refers to.

What kind of a pussy gets a sports injury smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

A Bystander posted:

What kind of a pussy gets a sports injury smh

He probably skipped leg day. Don't you know that you never skip leg day?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Toad King posted:

I was gonna call you the king of shut-ins but alas you are merely the jack.

If you look at his post history, it's nothing but games, some more games, a little bit of the pseudoscience thread, Star Trek in the TVIV, and a couple of posts in the cycling megathread a year ago where he admits his fitness level is poo poo. Now a lot can happen in a year, but I doubt it considering all he did after that was post in games some more. :btroll:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

But Not Tonight posted:

If you look at his post history, it's nothing but games, some more games, a little bit of the pseudoscience thread, Star Trek in the TVIV, and a couple of posts in the cycling megathread a year ago where he admits his fitness level is poo poo. Now a lot can happen in a year, but I doubt it considering all he did after that was post in games some more. :btroll:

Wow, good job stalker. Did you miss the post where I admitted to account sharing earlier? A lot of the posts on this account are from my fat aspie cousin.

roboblart
Sep 10, 2012

The Bee posted:

He probably skipped leg day. Don't you know that you never skip leg day?

It's okay to skip leg day if you have to tell like it is on SA.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

Wow, good job stalker. Did you miss the post where I admitted to account sharing earlier? A lot of the posts on this account are from my fat aspie cousin.

Having to throw your cousin under the bus is a key display of manliness. I hope you all are taking notes.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Adam Bowen posted:

I don't think that being stuck at home for a while because of a sports injury is generally what shut-in refers to.

ShadowMar posted:

shut up fatty

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Adam Bowen posted:

my fat aspie cousin.

Sounds like you two have a lot in common.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Guys please mr bowen is a cool buff sexhaver (ladies don't have balls) and he's INJURED and you just keep owning him and owning him and owning him

Edit I missed the part where he blames his fat aspie cousin for the insanity and withdraw my plea for mercy.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 25, 2014

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Adam Bowen posted:

:ccb:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Adam Bowen posted:

How dare you have the gall to call your own cousin fat, dude! What the hell, I thought you were the cool one in this thread!

... Wait, is this a Fight Club situation? Which one am I talking to now?

e: Christ, this thread is fast lately. :negative:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Adam Bowen posted:

I got banned for account sharing years ago, and then I re-registered the account myself using the same username. Nice try.

...mods?

SQUARES
Jan 28, 2009

Generic American posted:

How dare you have the gall to call your own cousin fat, dude! What the hell, I thought you were the cool one in this thread!

... Wait, is this a Fight Club situation? Which one am I talking to now?

I think it's more of a fat club situation honestly.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I once hosed up my shoulder at work lifting boxes wrong and spent the next day just watching Robotech and Bruce Lee movies with my dad, so my advice is to find a nerdy rear end old man and watch anime and kung fu movies instead of being made fun of on the internet.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

The GIG posted:

I once hosed up my shoulder at work lifting boxes wrong and spent the next day just watching Robotech and Bruce Lee movies with my dad, so my advice is to find a nerdy rear end old man and watch anime and kung fu movies instead of being made fun of on the internet.

Which Bruce Lee movies would be ideal for this

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Torn ACL, fast auspie cousin, account sharing years ago also now, story changing every page or so. :allears:

SpectreGhost
Apr 23, 2014

Adam Bowen posted:

Your cousin just lets you call him fat on the internet like that on his own account? He sounds like a pretty reasonable guy, tbh

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

A Bystander posted:

Which Bruce Lee movies would be ideal for this

Any of the ones that make old dudes try to lazily and very slowly imitate the moves they see hth.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Have we been mastered like the puppets we are?

"You thought you were making fun of me for lovely pants, but I poo poo my pants on PURPOSE, so the joke is on you."

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Given how much Adam loves Tiny Tower, I'm sure he's got a tablet or smartphone lying around.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

The GIG posted:

Any of the ones that make old dudes try to lazily and very slowly imitate the moves they see hth.

Thanks a bunch

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Adam Bowen posted:

When I use a word, it's with the understanding that its meaning is dictated by standard usage. So when someone tells me they're going to "heat something up in the Microwave" I don't smugly inform them that using the Microwave does not fit the technical definition of the term heat, because in standard usage heat means to raise the temperature of something by whatever means. Similarly, if you talk to the average person in the United States (and I'd guess most other English-speaking countries?) and use the word gender, they will assume you are referring to biological sex.

Correct, but if you're going to attempt to speak in-depth and knowledgeably about a subject, you should probably use precise terms. For discussing gender and sex, the two words do have specific meanings outside of common colloquial usage.

As a similar example, while it's perfectly communicative to use the word 'weight' when you are actually referring to 'mass', it becomes extremely uncommunicative if you use that in the context of say, space travel, or playing KSP.

Colloquial usages are fine in an everyday setting but they just aren't very useful when you're talking about things in detail, or in a way that that necessitates the distinction.

Also there's an ethical argument for it but I suspect you may dismiss the premises it's based on.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 25, 2014

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Adam Bowen posted:

Rofl yea it's stalking when literally all I have to do is press

this button----V

EDIT: god DAMNIT nyankhajit it's supposed to be post history!!!

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 25, 2014

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That's the PM button, good job.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Humor Is Dead posted:

I think it's more of a fat club situation honestly.

Can we get a more accurate pic edited into his posts?

SpectreGhost
Apr 23, 2014

Party Boat posted:

Can we get a more accurate pic edited into his posts?

His name is Adam Bowen.

SpectreGhost fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 25, 2014

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Thanks for the entertainment guys but I've got a date tonight and torn ACL or not I'm not going to miss it. I value women primarily for their physical attributes and the one I'm going out with tonight is extremely valuable by that measure. She'll probably have to do most of the work and receive only 77% of the payoff, but that's the world we live in and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm talking about sex btw, which I have and you don't, but feel free to picture my shirtless body running up and down the beach while you jack yourselves to sleep with tears tonight.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adam Bowen posted:

Thanks for the entertainment guys but I've got a date tonight and torn ACL or not I'm not going to miss it. I value women primarily for their physical attributes and the one I'm going out with tonight is extremely valuable by that measure. She'll probably have to do most of the work and receive only 77% of the payoff, but that's the world we live in and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm talking about sex btw, which I have and you don't, but feel free to picture my shirtless body running up and down the beach while you jack yourselves to sleep with tears tonight.

This is the magic that can happen when you believe in yourself.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So you can already confirm the status of her genitals?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Man if this was high school we'd be so owned, or pwned if you prefer, right now.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Did Adam Bowen really just switch sides with all of us and start mocking his own trolling? Does that mean we now have to be Adam Bowen and spread word of the Fat Man's Burden?

what is real anymore, I don't even :aaaaa:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Adam Bowen posted:

Mr. Bowen, have you ever heard of #NOTIPS?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
And thus, with a final "Goodbye, I am a sexhaver" Adam Bowen completes that dance as old as time. Goodbye, bad poster, until we meet again as we always will.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm not gay but thanks for the offer bro.

SpectreGhost
Apr 23, 2014

Adam Bowen posted:

4 breasts, 2 vaginas, 0 balls, 200% female, 77% payoff. A man of numbers, Adam Bowen.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Adam Bowen posted:

:master:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Generic American posted:

Did Adam Bowen really just switch sides with all of us and start mocking his own trolling? Does that mean we now have to be Adam Bowen and spread word of the Fat Man's Burden?

what is real anymore, I don't even :aaaaa:

He knows, he just KNOWS we're all waiting for him to pull a puppetmaster. And he's gearing up for it. OH he's gearing up for it, but he's gonna draw it out as long as possible, that little cocktease.

Adam Bowen you are playing monkey in the middle with my heart. I thought we had a better relationship than this. :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I just don't know, what if I'm not 100% male? I have confirmed ball-having status, but... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm imagining a dude with a torn ACL running on a beach and it is quite honestly the farthest thing from erotic.

• Locked thread