Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE killing Indies/Japan fully and not being able to create another superstar thus killing them would be a funny ending for the Company at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

We'll see how much better Reigns is when he beats Okada and Omega together in 5 minutes on Raw in 2018!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

With the incoming TV money you think WWE could pay more than 200!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They keep saying Roman sells a lot of merch but maybe they pulled the Hogan WCW trick and its other wrestlers ringing up as Reigns. Makes you think

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's like console wars except instead of perfering the Genesis or SNES your want to defend the Jaguar to death

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sometimes I'm not into snippy Twitter Dave but given the tweets today this seems extra good

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1043976456848560128

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sapp was a horrible wrestler but giving him the IWGP title was one of Inoki's least dumb ideas of the time given how hot Sapp was in Japan at the time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm legit shocked Vince didn't try to sign him for huge money before him being completely terrible was exposed. He checks all of the boxes Vince likes on a guy

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/lemon031/status/1052289609521086465

The replay to this by Mitchell is amazing though

https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1052295291389530112

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince working with the Network and affailites is gonna be the most entertaining part of the new TV deal yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/bradgilmore/status/1065101958938312706

Read the whole thread to watch Bix use Dave's actual words to rip the guy apart

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Bokeamania/status/1075602154629541888

NY64 sure doing a good job of bringing out the crazies!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

To be fair, he's got a point in that WWE's systemic sexism is suspiciously absent from the bracket!

It's got some bracket entries it's just the sexism is also combined with other bad stuff like racism that hides (Hi Vickie Guerrero stuff)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

fyre festival would be a great comparison if these wrestlers had nobody on board, had no history of putting on a wrestling show, didn't know the first thing about putting on a wrestling show, didn't have any funding for a wrestling show, couldn't get any wrestlers to come to this wrestling show, and they held it on an island where the only way to watch would be to pay thousands of dollars.

Someone send this idea to Inoki so he'll want to redo the dessert island match but with an actual crowd this time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You have to think Vince will do something to piss off advertisers and affiliates that could risk the TV Deal

or given how hell the world is they'll embrace it as the new norm

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Funny to see wrestling people are as dumb with hard numbers from New Japan as anime people are for Bushiroad numbers.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I thought that WWE wanting to break up tag teams would benefit Karl Anderson and get him a good singles run but instead they just didn't use him at all

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Dave Meltzer got some kind of monkey paw deal where he will live as long as people ask stupid questions about Montreal.

Between that and the rage from his star ratings on Tokyo Dome matches Dave should be able to live forever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Shoulda gone with @StinkoMalenko

Does Ciclope have an account and are we sure it isn't Dean's?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Bushiroad is probably gonna do a Joshi promotion at some point but itd probably be it's own thing and given how talent rarely jumps in Japan I suspect it needs to start out with home grown talent

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 13, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Benoit???

There were rumours that Harold, SHO and YOH went to Stardom and Bushiroad dumping a bunch of money into Rossy's lap would be the worst possible outcome.

Err...that was phone posting auto correct for the Benoit whoops

I dont see Rossy selling Stardom really.If Bushiroad does a Joshi fed it will probably have to be it's own thing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Like Dave can program hotkeys.

I bet the worn out keys on Dave old typewriters would say a lot

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nah I don't see Dave as an OS/2 guy, more like he's probably using the same Word Perfect he got with Windows 3.11

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheKingChivas/status/1140426767351635968

Umm....watched this match and the Bucks actually had some good heel heat and the Lucha Bros got a huge pop when they won so????

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Corbin wishes he had 1/10th the character :daryl: has

Also should just download the tarp graphic to reply. May not shut them up but it'll piss them off!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE and New Japan working together to take AEW out is like beyond Galaxy Brain delusion

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/BenWiles6/status/1143733893448851457

People thinking this is a work is amazing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

I'll never understand when people complain that NXT isn't a true developmental anymore. Like would they rather watch green as grass PC trainees stumble their way through a match?

NXT actually would be better as true training ground for wrestlers needing to learn and not a dumping place for indy talent WWE doesn't want in NJPW/AEW but doesn't want them on the main roster making main roster money.

Not to mention the fact NXT doesn't really make money and hasn't actually built a main roster star

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE havings its minor league have high match quality expectations so it can keep talent down there and not call them up and pay them main roster money is one of the more subtle mean things they've done. They also have fans wishing it too!

It'd be like a bad hockey/baseball team keeping talent down in the minors so the minor league team can win cups. Makes no sense at all

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

does WWE still the "depush a guy just to see how he'll take it" thing still?

It's the WWE so they probably still do it cause they are lovely but nobody can tell these days since everybody's is booked like poo poo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The upcoming Wrestling war is going to be like the console wars and you have to stand by your company regardless if they're evil or putting out a bad product

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

My dude, have you heard of the people denying Jerry Sandusky's guilt and Joe Paterno's complicity?

Also see the fact the WWE had a Sandy Hook denier main event Wrestlemania this year

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna laugh if the Smackdown rating ends up the lowest on Fox and NXT stays the same

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I disagree with Dave on the match but during this WOR he mentioned he was both uncomfortable with Mankind/Taker Hell in a Cell and Naito/Ibushi from Dominion

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Kenny also did that double stomp on the plastic trash can where you have no idea how much that's going to give, it at all, and if you land wrong then goodbye ACLs.

The match wasn't as dangerous as some people made it out to be, but it wasn't a walk-and-brawl either; they did plenty of risky stuff.

The Snap Dragons felt like the spot that could go really wrong given the amount of stuff in the ring. Like at one time I though Kenny was going to do one with Moxley hitting the chain

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

yea ok posted:

It probably was in that sense, but I don't think he was talking about it in that way. Just felt like really odd pearl clutching from the same guy who argues with people about Will Ospreay every day.

Dave's gone after Will for not being safe before and he did comment that Hiromu's first match being Will might not be the best idea so it's not like he's given that a free pass!

Though yeah the forum bodying Dave for his comments is okay even if the only one I found out of left field was the 5x worse than Big Japan. I do think he's wrong about it leading to copy cat matches that are unsafe cause the match wasn't any unsafer than a normal top level match but I can see why he thinks that way and honestly expected that reaction given what he's written about the Foley Hell in a cell and other deathmatches.

I can also see his point of this match maybe not be appealing to new viewers, as that type of blood and action can certainly turn people off not used to wrestling (Though at the same time he contradicted that point earlier by saying the audience for Wrestling right now is all hard core fans which mostly seemed to love the match). I probably would of run this match probably after a few more months of TV after you built a new audience and gotten them used to the product myself but if the ratings and buy rate stay the same or grow than Dave will be more than proven wrong.

Though I do expect Vince and WWE will use this to drag AEW with sponsors. Heck I expect them to attack it the first live event they have

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also staying in a place that encourages racism and getting help from said place is really not good for mental health either

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah going back to work with Terry Taylor after having a shirt like that designed sound 100% awful and stressful

Also of course WWE still employs Terry Taylor

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ratings breakdown has brought out the crazies again for Dave to fight

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1195195982457135105

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1195195636678660096

I love the bold strategy of running a business based off TV money by ignoring ratings. Seems good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

He's saving that for when he teams with Chuck Taylor again