Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

But think of the HEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Some people just desperately want MJF to ruin every possible big moment in AEW because I guess 20 years of WWE Rule has trained people to believe that wrestling is about never, ever giving the fans what they want, it's all gotta be endless pointless HEAT

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Some people are so loving brain-poisoned by Wrestling that they can't imagine that wrestlers are actual human beings who have actual problems and sometimes they don't tell you about those problems until it hits a boiling point because, as it turns out, not everything is a loving Work.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Oh look, Vince Russo wants people to pay attention to him. https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/1455922639512354823

Vince Russo is the last person on Earth, with the possible exception of Jim Cornette, who should be concern trolling over respecting wrestlers wishes/privacy

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Karma Tornado posted:

why is his show called that, does Khan rhyme with Saul if you've got Russo's accent, also why is his show, just sort of in general

Seeing as it's Russo I can only assume some weird vague racism that nobody under the age of 50 would understand. Kinda like how whoever does Jim Cornette's youtube thumbnails always makes Tony Khan way darker skinned for no obvious reason

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

They're all washed-up attention seeking carny pieces of poo poo desperately clinging to any kind of relevance

This kind of stuff is also projection. The carnies can't imagine anyone else in the business NOT also being carnies so they assume TK is doing exactly the same thing they would do.

I think that's a pretty fair point. Thus you get guys like Bischoff making GBS threads on Tony Khan for not immediately going head to head with RAW as if that'd have been anything other than immediate suicide for Dynamite, or for not pulling the women's match to put Danielson vs Suzuki on TV that night Rampage and Smackdown went head to head (despite the fact that Rampage ended up winning anyway)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

So the feelers that were sent out to TK from Vince Russo about a job were obviously returned with a no

Didn't Russo pull some stunt where he was like "IF YOU DON'T REPLY TO THIS TWEET IN 48 HOURS I WILL NEVER WORK WITH YOU AEW" and then AEW continued to simply ignore his dumb rear end

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

Satin may be an idiot but did Kross do anything special in his ring work that veered outside WWE's style?

Cause he clearly was doing something wrong.

He has a hot wife

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I swear if the average dipshit wrestling fan was in charge of a wrestling company that'd fire everyone that isn't a main eventer and then be completely flabbergasted when they don't have enough content to fill a card

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's really bizarre how obsessed Anti-AEW types are with "Casuals" as if I'm supposed to care whether or not people who are less invested in a tv show than I am are interested in it. That somehow WWE is the best because random people you don't know watch it?

My best guess: they're obsessed with Wrestling being Mainstream again. They don't really understand or get that wrestling was really only "Mainstream" for a few short years in the late 90's when WWF happened to line up with what the rest of pop culture was like and they'd lucked into having 2 of the biggest stars in the history of the business at the same time, and that there's nothing wrong with enjoying a niche product that most of the world doesn't really care about, but that's not good enough. They don't wanna get called losers for liking "that fake fighting poo poo" like they did when they kids in the early 90's and anything that doesn't line up 1:1 with how wrestling was that brief window where it was popular is not only bad but a horrific insult to them personally and must be eradicated.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's extremely funny seeing WWE stans go on about casual viewers when WWE has shed like half of its audience in a couple of years. If there is a major promotion that has run off all but the hardcore fanbase all the evidence points at that promotion being WWE.

That argument never works on WWE Stans, they'll just go "Yeah but WWE's lost more viewers than AEW will EVER have! ZERO GROWTH!" as if that's a burn somehow

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

He's going to change his tune when he gets cut for budget reasons. If they're gonna cut Gerald Briscoe or Arn Anderson they're gonna cut The Hurricane

They literally already fired him once last year, he's desperately towing the company line

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dude whose whole gimmick is being a comic book geek doesn't understand why fans are invested in the making of the media they consume

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I wonder how WWE wrestlers feel when producers/agents/backstage people like Hurricane and Road Dogg go on social media and basically tell the fans to stop giving a poo poo about the people whose lives their bosses have ruined, it must make for a very fun backstage environment

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Imagine unironically using the word "broad" when talking about a woman in 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Do they really think AEW fans give a poo poo about Roman Reigns at this point? I barely follow WWE anymore and as far as I can tell he's just been doing the same boring poo poo week after week and people are acting like it's the greatest championship run in the history of wrestling

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

roman's title reign should have 1000% just ended with that Balor match. Most of the interesting matchups he could have had are now gone/released and he's already beaten everyone---KO was another guy who should have been a guy to dethrone him and then he lost in the stupidest way possible next to Balor's clumsy tripup. Brock/Rock doesn't interest me at all and there's just nobody left sans like, Pete Dunne (if they ever pulled that trigger) who would benefit from beating him.

My guess is they'll just have him hold the title permanently until Gable Steveson or Bron Breakker is called up and then they'll immediately beat him in the most unsatisfying way possible and then he'll probably just win the title back from them later the same week for HEEEEAAATTT

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

He claims to be unleashed and yet his logo is a dog on a leash

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I'm sure there's some absolute dullards out there who were genuine Kross fans, but his burial/firing is still pretty baffling considering he's the exact sort of bland-rear end big guy with a hot lady valet that you'd think Vince would be drooling over and yet he didn't even try with the guy

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

This exact type of dude will always be like "Man wrestling was better when they had over the top characters!" and then look at Orange Cassidy and Luchasaurus and be like "Get that poo poo outta here!!!!!"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Is this Bruce Prichard's burner account?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Has any considered that possibility that we're all just wrong and that Duke the Dumpster was, in fact, a far better professional wrestler than the likes of Kenny Omega and Bryan Danielson

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It absolutely loving astounds me that 24 years later people STILL buy the "Bret Screwed Bret" horseshit, after EVERYTHING WWE and Vince have done to prove how gross and petty they are

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

There's nothing more exhausting than the "If you say literally anything about a wrestler or wrestling in general than that means you got WORKED" crowd, jesus christ

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

I was thinking about it the other day, and I don't think anyone at all has benefitted from feuding with Roman.

Every single person that feuds with Roman comes out far worse but you know best title run in the history of professional wrestling obviously

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Destroy My Sweater posted:

In retrospect, it's so absurd how WWE just refused to let go of Roman as a project. It was, like, a four or five-year effort. So many other pushes were derailed as well (Seth and Strowman, among others).

They've literally been trying to push Roman longer than the Attitude Era existed, longer than most of those top stars careers lasted even. They finally found something that kinda works and now it's the Single Greatest Story In the History of Wrestling Professionally

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Aight time to take the cocaine away from Tony

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I may have posted this before but why are these people so obsessed with "Casual Viewers?" Usually nerd fandoms loving DESPISE casuals

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

For a brief period of time wrestling was trendy and cool and a generation of fans became convinced that that was a normal "cycle" and the thing to chase. And like the wrestling companies or wrestlers or whoever aren't immune to it either which is how you end up with celebrity crossover stuff.

Thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense that a lot of wrestling fans (and people who are in the business) look back so fondly on the Attitude Era that they've convinced themselves that level of popularity is what the Normal for wrestling is supposed to be when in reality it was like 4 years of explosive popularity out of several decades

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Yeah it'd be a real shame if Keith Lee had to go to AEW and get huge pops and marquee matches every single week like poor CM Punk

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Scurll was also like the highest paid guy in the company and had just been made the booker so it was a lot harder for them to simply ignore his allegations

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Imagine looking at an 18 minute match during a goddamn PPV and going "BOOOORING, WHO WANTS TO WATCH FAKE FIGHTING ON A WRESTLING SHOW!?"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Fans don't buy 60 dollar PAY PER VIEWS to watching wrestling! They want 30 minute entrances, they want endless talk show segments, they want hour long promo-parades where people just walk out and stand in the ring doing jack-the-gently caress-goddamn-NOTHING. THAT'S what wrestling is SUPPOSED to be!!!!!!!!!!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Didn't Raw or Smackdown last week have a match that went 25 minutes and ended in a countout? Cocaine Tony Khan would never have the balls to pull that off and that's why this company's in the drat state it's in

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Is their complaint that Danielson isn't immediately getting the shot at Page on the very next TV show? Or that Kenny isn't getting an immediate rematch? I literally don't understand what they're mad at.

They're mad that Danielson is wrestling someone who isn't a main eventer, because WWE brain poison has trained wrestling fans to believe that it somehow kills main eventers if they ever share a single goddamned second of screen time with someone who isn't on their level.

There's probably also a bit of "every single match on every single show HAS to be between people who are feuding because NOBODY wants to watch just RANDOM MATCHES for NO REASON! BEcause nobody watches wrestling to see wrestling, god fuckin dammit!" in it as well

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's truly amazing that one week people are making GBS threads all over Omega for having a match against Alan Angels and even having Angels get offense in because WWE brain has trained them to believe that every match between a main eventer and anyone whose not a main eventer should just be a 1-move 10 second squash match, and then literally a week later they're coming up with conspiracy theories about how Omega is this Cocaine Shawn level IRL heel who refuses to job to Bryan Danielson so the company had to scramble to put the belt on Hangman (which they DEFINITELY haven't spent 2 loving years building to) so he can immediately lose it to Danielson who'll immediately lose it back to Omega for some reason

This is how much damage WWE booking has done to wrestling, laid bare for all to see

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

And every single match has to have at least 3 promos or segments to establish a feud and build it up before it can happen. WWE fans are not supposed to use any brain power to figure out simple things like this:

:hai:

Also all these promos and segments should take place on the same show because the actual match will be no more than 3 minutes long before it ends in a DQ/Countout/NonFinish because that's how you build HEEAAATTTT for when you do the exact same loving thing next week and then the week after that and so on because "Wrestling Feud" means "these two people are only allowed to interact with each other and nobody else for the next 7 months"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also these people act like WWE doesn't go out of it's way to parade it's charity work to the world every possible second it gets

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Why on earth would Page turn heel now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

flatluigi posted:

where is this 'nobodies' messaging coming from b/c we even had people here saying that sort of thing

Wrestling Fans have been brain poisoned into believing that everyone who isn't being pushed as much as Roman Reigns is a worthless idiot loser and anyone who wrestles them is being buried just by being in the same room as them