Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rowdy Ringsports > Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions - NOT MANY MALE NUDES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That kid has obvious mental issues

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He desperately craves the approval of bix, so just imagine that type of person.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the 'Dave Meltzer is a terrible human being' stuff is great coming from Nazar because while yes, Daves coverage of women's issues in wrestling can be archaic as gently caress, Jake is also a person who has been defending Kavanaugh the past few weeks and in an all time great tweet had this to say about George HW Bush after the sexual assault allegations started coming out

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/924805107551698945

He actually loves the whole bush family. Thinks H did nothing wrong. Jeb fan. It kind of explains why he doesn't care about the WWE creating propaganda for the Saudis.

makes a lot of sense now considering he constantly links his own poo poo with "please clap"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't think they're lying but I get a sense he might have been trying to work through it for now and they pushed this to go down last night to take attention off of Crown Jewel.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Knowing Maria, that’s probably just because it’s trendy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vince was probably just mad that someone wanted to waste that on Heidenreich

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1089749485805293568?s=21

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can’t even imagine how hosed up your brain has to be to watch both of those shows and think the Rumble was better.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

Seeing both live I felt they were roughly equal honestly. At least in terms of excitement and storytelling. Obviously NXT was overall better match quality, but even then outside of Johnny's match I wouldnt call the gap that big

I can totally get that. I’ve been to shows that were really fun live that were just kinda meh on rewatch. I don’t blame anyone who had fun at a show because there’s something different being there.

But the quality of wrestling is so far above on takeovers from the standpoint of what they’re allowed to do, the finishes, the crowd energy. It’s not even remotely close contest watching both on tv

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

fyre festival would be a great comparison if these wrestlers had nobody on board, had no history of putting on a wrestling show, didn't know the first thing about putting on a wrestling show, didn't have any funding for a wrestling show, couldn't get any wrestlers to come to this wrestling show, and they held it on an island where the only way to watch would be to pay thousands of dollars.

and if someone had to suck a dick for some ring ropes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was just laughing on the couch because they finally got the crowd to (mostly) like Roman Reigns and in his first big match they deliver a giant turd that was basically any monster of the month PPV match he'd had for the last several years that people hated and were tired of.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think he was saying they were virtue signaling which is a really bad faith argument. A lot of Reddit is poo poo but I’m willing to bet the people calling Lars out aren’t the ones clamoring to post in a racist Asian jokes thread. No ones using Lars awful opinions as an excuse to go after him because they don’t like him as a wrestler

Normal people don't do that. Redditors probably would.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That is remarkably obtuse.

Obtuse is that loving idiot’s brand.

He’s the dumbest wrestling fan on twitter which says a great deal.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"This is not at all believable," says the man who tried to sell women that Robert Gibson was extremely attractive.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha Kevin Nash owns

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

I thought Black was just a black metal guy? His lore should be all about how he went to Scandinavia and burnt down a bunch of churches and like, no one can tell for sure sure if he's a white supremacist from his songs.

So HHH?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/qga8uo/shouldnt_there_be_more_concern_over_charlottes/

quote:

I once had a patron at a bar who went to the same high school as Charlotte and really painted a picture of her as this girl named Ashley who was kind of dramatic and to her was annoying but, who she didn't really like for years but who she ultimately ended feeling really bad for by the time they were all seniors because her family were the town crazy people, who couldn't go a week without making some kind of scene or pissing off the neighborhood or dragging her into some big dramatic scene in public.

Look at this woman's life. She's RIC FLAIR's daughter. Do we really need to go into why that would be a dramatic and not very healthy childhood? And that's just where it starts.

Then, in her own words her bother dies at like 20 years old, so she chooses HIS career, and HIS dream as her lifelong career to help herself and her dad through that.

It's only a few years ago that she was at Ric's hospital bed being told that he will likely die this week.

She's had a false pregnancy within the last year which is crazy enough for someone to hear and deal with and then have undone, but then it also made her miss the biggest show of the year for the second straight year.

Starts dating a dude in a serious way for the first time [edit- since her second divorce, that is, as l reminded in the comments] and falls for him really hard and gets engaged. Now, l don't know dick about poo poo as far as these two's relationship but, there was a time where this subreddit was basically just "Here's every wrestlers tweets today" and Charlotte/Andrade's photos with each other were constantly on the front page.

Even back at that time, looking at her as this girl named Ashley who's real life I had been told all about, when l saw those pictures l felt the same pings of concern l'd have it was my own friend who'd been through those traumas looking at a person the way she was looking at him, because it screamed "I only care about wrapping myself up in you" which makes total sense for the instincts of someone who's been through the lifetime of abandonment issues and a tragic death.

Now, throw in a worldwide apocalypse, and drop the bomb that the guy she's in love with and engaged to, quits their job together and her day-to-day life to follow his passions outside of a job that he doesn't think treats them right. RIGHT AFTER THAT now her father quits the job they both have because he doesn't think he and her are being treated right.

Then you've got all of the stories of her being "hard to deal with" backstage over creative issues that when you hear them are like "Yeah... she has every right as a supposed main event star to not want to trade her WORLD TITLE with someone like it's a friendship bracelet and be really pissed off about being forced to do it" and then it doesn't shock me that the two angry people put into a cage together by someone who knows they both don't want to be in the cage together, then end up taking out their anger on each other. I wasn't there but all I'm doing is repeating the same story that's being spoken about WITHOUT the context that if Becky and Charlotte apparently both absolutely hated the idea of the segment, why are they being forced to do something the don't want to do and being expected not to lash out over it?

Or last Monday when the reports that she was apparently really hard to work with and was being a dick to everybody.... because she WANTED TO LOSE to Bianca and help make her. Not because she was selfish and wanted the dq loss to keep her strong, but because she was angry she wasn't being allowed to use her own star power to help make someone she thinks deserves it. Yeah, if you're the agents and the writers and Vince and whoever, that's hard to work with and huge headache. But the people's she's giving a headache are not the good guys in the story I'm reading.

I feel like she's got a ton, a literal TON of red flags as someone who's going through incredible difficulties and traumas and has all the reasons around her to become distant and feel alone and is starting to become an angry person because of it in her day to day life, while people just go "man what a dick, right? gently caress her lol"

Like, if your mentality is "If her mental health is hosed that's on her" then you just either have never dealt mental health issues or dealt with your own in such a way that also made you selfish and angry. When you're as deep in the hole as it very much looks like she might be becoming based only on the confirmed public information we have, there's absolutely no guarantee at all that she has any idea that she's falling off a cliff because when you're in it day to day you just deal with the things that you feel are hurting you and can very easily accept the truth that there's nothing you can do but lash out and hold on to the idea that you'll be okay if you just burn down everything around you and start over with whichever one thing you can latch onto as the only beacon of happiness in your life and its on the people around this person, who give a poo poo about this person, to try to help them see what's happening to their insides, and help them fix whatever is poisoning them.

If you're not her friend, if you don't care about her, that's fine, it's not your problem. But if you're actively revelling in her behavior, villifying, and laughing at the poo poo show she's becoming, and fan the flames in hopes that she just keeps getting crazier. drat dude... you're just a bad person.

TLDR- just her whole life up until right now. It's like the perfect recipe for someone to become isolated and angry at the world around them. And ultimately what has this woman, the real life woman not the fake character on TV, done to deserve people coming at this from a perspective of condemnation and not empathy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol the only criteria for being a Forbes contributor is that you're willing to write a bunch of posts for exposure while Forbes makes ad money