Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Now take my hands, if we be friends,
And tell me what my loving knuckles say.

a+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I was actually surprised to see such a hopeful delusional column on there last night. They've been getting kind of depressed lately. They posted those horrible quarter hour ratings yesterday and didn't even try to defend it.

those people will always be positive/delusional about the creative and talent portion of the product but the business side of things is becoming impossible to defend.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

yes putting a meaningless title on samoa joe and an even more meaningless title on austin aries will turn tna around for sure.

also this man put "serious athlete" and samoa joe in the same sentence, shut the gently caress up.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

jesus, ive heard a lot of lovely "bring back the cruiserweights" ideas but only this chuckle gently caress would fantasy book a burial as big as "you got injured playin with the big boys so here is a division for midgets like you"

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

godamn shave seltzer fueling those e supermarks and rohbots with misinformation and lies about tnasylum and all the little tnaddicts, if it wasn't for vin(no)cents rudeso and bulk boregan we'd still be number 1.

how'd I do?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

wanna see shave seltzer and bolt banana tag

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

can someone get kefin from ae podcast to do his vince russo impersonation and say "I sent my friend Titz N Azz Rick the legend out to destroy the IWC many years ago using my Vic Venom powers"?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I wanna read a 30 page babinsack treatise on how bruno would have dominated ufc in his prime with his dreaded bear hug

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Yuriy posted:

Maybe a bit of hyperbole there but I don't think the guy is all that wrong :shrug:

If his point is that Punk is overrated and nowhere close to the best in the world then I don't disagree and had they given any one else decent the pipebomb promo I think it'd have worked just as well

the guy was basically saying "yeah punk was good on the mic but ANYONE can be good on the mic and yeah he was good at psychology but ANYONE can be good at that" and if you think that's hyperbole and not batshit crazy i don't know what to say.

pipe bomb promo aside..look at his work with the ses society and the jeff hardy feud and tell me just anyone on the roster can cut those promos, regardless if those are really "classic" angles or not. punk is overrated sometimes like lots of internet idols but nothing about his work, for almost all of his career, could be considered anything near "oh any other guy could work".

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Choice comment.

A sensible response:

And in response to that:

best part is that chris2000 guy got probated because of that comment and some other perfectly sensible and realistic ideas. he said "dixie is bad at running tna" in the nicest way possible and that was the final straw. never seen fans of something defend the person obviously responsible for their favorite product disappearing.

id love to see an alternative future where people on psp got banned for talking any poo poo about vince. hail vince mcmahon, long live wwe corporate.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That reminds me of that call MassRanTer had in the queue for Nitro where a guy calls into WOL and asks when WCW will be coming back, and doesn't seem able to take "It's dead and gone and not coming back" as an answer.

i need to hear this.

the dixie love is extra mind-boggling when you consider that any of tna's "best" moments among diehard fans feature zero contribution from her in any role and any of her actual contributions have been blatantly hurtful to whole promotion :psyduck:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

holy poo poo dave was spot on with his prediction for the long term future of wcw.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:psyduck: my god :psyduck:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Oh, honey. No. "Hard decisions" is mediaspeak for damage control.

And yet the longer there's no news, the more he'll build himself up to think it's good news. He'll convince himself that HBO will be running Impact in an unopposed block with Game of Thrones, or that Dixie secured a deal with Comcast to beam Impact directly into people's skulls.

IN PRINT, btw. Therefore it is binding. It is law. It is legend.

that's the real kicker. it's clear that any of these guys never seem to poke their heads outside tnamecca or tnasylum otherwise they'd understand stuff like that all these pr buzzwords are bullshit, people in high ranking corporate positions lie constantly (even in print!), and businesses die slow lovely deaths all the time.

but the line between wrestling logic and real world logic is clearly blurred on those sites....

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 14, 2014

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

nom de plume is the closest thing on earth to a true innocent fool. keep living the dream.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

joshtothemaxx posted:

From r/squaredcircle.

i love how they slowly just convinced themselves that dixie actually owns panda energy and is personally responsible for all their success.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

hey remember when wwe did that stupid crossover nobody cared about? we can do that now!

i doubt anyone who has a show on discovery channel has any idea what destination america is

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

This whole discussion thread is full of Chris Regal making some asinine points. I don't feel like capping it all.

can't wait till it comes out how much less tna is being paid. im sure this asshat will defend it with "but we will get a weekly special on discovery channel i swear!"

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

yes, because history favors the wwe and vince's long history of compassion,
sanity, and healthy, not dead, talent.

what drives a person to think most promoters give a poo poo about talent? do they know anything about this business?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ring of horror is exactly what scifi channel wished wwecw was going to be. frankly i don't think it's too late..

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

everyone know czw is really the best candidate for that kind of analysis.

i'd read a treatise on the danzig "jaysus!" promo.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

New article on TNA Asylum:

Hmmmmm....

Now have a look at this image of Smackdown ratings in 2005:

The first Friday Night Show was on September 9th (it was supposed to be in August but a little thing called Hurricane Katrina delayed it). The 3.0 for November 18th was the Eddie Guerrero Memorial Smackdown. The pattern above shows a clear drop-off in ratings after they moved to Friday. Before July 25, the pattern was mostly 2.9 and above and never below. You can say "it can take a while for people to know it's on a new day" but those people never came back.

But moving to Friday's on a lesser Network won't affect Impact.

but let's ignore the time a wrestling show was negatively affected by a move to Friday night and compare impact to sitcoms on basic cable channels from 10-25 years ago. if Sabrina can do it, tna can!

why can't they just be mad at something destination america does? what loyalty to they have to them at this point??

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

wwe does often make me want to poop

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I would not, as I enjoy seeing every single post from one single website copied and pasted and cackled about relentlessly, and it isn't repetitive or retarded at all.

we found nom de plume.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

quote:

Page 179 - Says “Benoit & Malenko were outraged when word got round that Kevin Nash had referred to them as vanilla midgets” but it's true! they were.

this guy is onto something

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

sorry they didn't hit that 1 million viewer mark Mecca predicted a month ago..

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

but you see spike never promoted tna. that 360k viewers on DA is better than the 1mil viewers spike would get cause destination america is gonna make tna a household name. just wait and see.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

"Household" as in "TNA holds shows in Dixie Carter's house".

bob and janice are gonna ground dixie if she keeps them up filming another "impact zone episode" in their backyard.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Ultragonk posted:

I'm really surprised that TNA fans are not more realistic, there's a lot to be positive about with TNA not least that they do have regular TV exposure which most feds don't have. So they're not having huge ratings yet there is always the possibility that they could thought if I was an avid TNA fan I'd probably wish Dixie was not an on TV personality.

yeah I get being a super-fan of a brand, whatever, but not only do they constantly take dixie's (and now destination america's) mistreatment with glee but they furiously defend them for a reason I will never understand. apples and oranges and all but vince gets crucified practically every WWE discussion thread.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

what a loving clown

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Memento posted:

At least he's getting vaguely called out for it in the comments, that crowd usually fall over themselves to slobber on his knob. Like, you know he's being even more pants-on-head retarded than normal if wreddit aren't lining up to praise his idiocy.

yeah but, most of it is "well they should be mad!" and "demott is an idiot" when it's just a bullshit sensationalist spin on a very obvious point and should be treated as such

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rovert posted:

His friend Phillip.

:laffo: holy poo poo :laffo:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

who reported Bryan winning? it certainly wasn't metsfan's source, betting odds

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

I don't know of anyone who did. I just love the idea that correctly predicting Roman Reigns would win proves his credibility.

those clowns took the time to make an actual spreadsheet on him to "prove his credibility". don't expect much from that crew.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh christ I didn't see this stuff about the Warrior award until now. This is pretty gross, even for this merry band of shitlords.

But of course, it was being a tna fan that caused these rejects to get chased off every other wrestling site

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rovert posted:

Wreddit:

reminds me of the fan instructions for the "raw takeover" where a bunch of the same losers tried to stick it to wwe telling the audience who to like and chant for by telling the audience who to like and chant for.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

#standupforchyna

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

find the most annoying, hypocritical, and self important smark in the nxt crowd and he will be half as bad as stroud. pretty much the poster boy for that kind of fan.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Mass Transit 2.0 with Stroud tbh

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

He is reporting that Vince literally said "Byron didn't grab the brass ring on Monday" and my god he has become a parody of himself and people still don't get it :psyduck: