Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If attempted murder is murder and thus leads to the same result, I need as many people as possible to attempt to murder me so that I can be declared legally dead and thus get out of any future jury duties and taxes owed and speeding tickets, don't all volunteer at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Covering my eyes every time Chun Li fights someone not her in Street Fighter 2.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Vader's story is he murdered you. Clean, simple, efficient. Also Vader never hung out with war criminals so he gets the nod in all respects.

Vader once blew up a boat and depending on how far out it was it may have been in international waters making Vader a global terrorist.

a dumb moron posted:

I’m gonna post a hot take here:

He’s a carny and a grifter. What else can he do? He is of no value to any territory, he doesn’t sell tickets, he has never been a part of an angle where he was the money drawing driving force, and no one is clamoring to see him. What else can a man who only knows how to grift and work heel do but be a dope on Twitter?

Run for office, usually.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
wrestling just hasn't mattered since the tribal chief had his streak snapped

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tweak posted:

a true grifter finds the way to be unhappy with the thing they pushed for over a year ago

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1782251386283160048

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1782257927304454427

The truest grifer gets upset over the thing they pushed for half an hour ago.

Also the win is due to Jobber and Jobber alone, everyone go and praise Jobber for being right on the internet.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I will post good money to go to the Madison Bear Garden.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

when did quack grow a mustache

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

little munchkin posted:

world's smartest jericho fan

I read in the walls as against the walls at first and thought that while an extreme reaction, a fair reaction

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Can’t wait to hear from cornette why that is different

Bill Watts was a wrestler before he owned/booked Mid-South. He then came out of reitrement and got back at the Midnights himself.

I'm not going to pretend that I know which promoters never wrestled at some point out of everyone who's existed. Vince never did but at least had his bodybuilding, Bischoff had his mall karate. I don't think any of the Crocketts did, but (as far as I know) no one assaulted them on camera.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Dixie Carter never had a match but still got put through a table

If you're being compared to Dixie Carter, something Tony's frequently subject to, it's not a point in your favor.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Each wrasslin' lady gets one color to be identified with and if they run out of colors everyone else has to wrestle in a burlap sack

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Wasn't the worst Stunner in history the last bump Vince took?

I thought it was the first bump Vince took.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Eric talked to Dave frequently and provided him with documents.

If you zoom in on the Observer that Hogan burns it's addressed to one Eric Bischoff.

No one actually go and check that but spread the word on Twitter so it makes Bischoff mad tia.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
who the gently caress is uncle evan

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

I'd be impressed and a little scared if they could get titles to fit 'what else do I have to say'.

Wrong system, but Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

i would be in favor of tiny con getting his rear end kicked to end every episode of aew tv

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
“Hey Man Nice Shot” playing over Ricky Ortiz highlights.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm sorry Mariah there can only be one blonde in wrestling and it's gonna end up being Charlotte so everyone else either dye your hair or shave your heads, Jim Valley demands it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Apparently that guy thinks Excalibur is racist too, somehow

I bet he watched an old Chikara show or something

If someone wanted to they could bring up Excalibur's old PWG commentary every couple of years and get another round of public apologies and unpaid vacations, depending on how much outrage they could generate.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE is art, it’s not about the moves you do - it’s the moves you DON’T do.

and that's why brock only does two now

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Spending fifteen minutes determing if a match should be ranked "Wres" or "Wrestl".

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mexico Backlash feels like a setup for Bobby Heenan to insult Tito Santana, or for Cornette to be racist again.

Also what kind of MS Paint poo poo is that second one.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

Nobody is supposed to have fun at wrestling.

You think I took you to all those WWE shows to have fun?!! Well, I didn’t hear any hooting and hollering!

i've said this before and i'll say it again, you are supposed to watch wrestling with your arms crossed and a frown on your face. when the heel wins, always by cheating, you are supposed to scoff and say "that son of a bitch is gonna get what's coming to him." when the face beats the heel, you are supposed to scoff even louder and say "that son of a bitch got what was coming to him."

any other way of watching wrestling is wrong

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

same minus the toys part

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

So I googled how much money NFL vs TKO made in 2023 and it isn't even loving close. I think some people don't understand how much a difference there is between like 1 billion to 2 billion let alone between 2 billion and 20 billion.

The NFL is the richest sports league in the world, with revenue heading toward $20 billion thanks to TV deals that average $12 billion a year. Thanks to revenue sharing across the league's 32 teams, each franchise is worth at least $3.5 billion, according to Forbes' ranking in 2023.

In addition to its Q4 and full-year 2023 earnings, TKO issued its first-ever financial guidance to investors, projecting revenue of $2.575 billion to $2.650 billion and adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of $1.150 billion to $1.170 billion for full-year 2024. Moreover, the company asserts that it will have an enviable rate of adjusted EBITDA to free cash flow conversion “in excess of 50%.”

Having a playoff game on Peacock was enormous for them and more than likely worth however much NBC/Comcast paid for it, even if most of us probably had to go sailing the seas in order to watch. Getting the NBA won't be nearly as close for a season as that one NFL playoff was, and that'll blow a full year of WWE out of the water.

In terms of value it's really the NFL above everyone else. NFL, big gap, college football, big gap, then we can start talking about the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

She probably doesn't have evil in her heart or whatever but that's the sort of social media gently caress up that gets you put on ice

When you sign with WWE that evil is implanted into your heart.