Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
you gotta hand it to them, wwe has curated their audience well. nobody left except people who've grafted wwe onto their own identities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

i was looking at the replies and holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/WrestlingRhymes/status/1450374580900667395

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

didn't someone imply that rosenberg pays wwe to be on those preshows? when rosenberg was at the same desk at the time?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Dr. Baker posted:

That guy must get pissed if an AEW wrestler is appears at his local indie instead of thinking it is cool and good.

why would a wwe fan go to an indie? they don't like wrestling

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

El Generico posted:

Why do I get the feeling that Bischoff asked if he could be a more regular character on AEW and gave them all these ideas and they were like nah thanks though and he's mad about it.

"Tony, how about we sign Garrett and then do an angle where I have creative control?"

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

we have failed to consider that Charlotte is just a smol bean and that we must Do Better as posters

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1453729915807797258

everyone suddenly being very tired of this guy's poo poo is extremely satisfying

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can someone please explain the "catering" thing to me? I'd never heard it before Britt threw it at Ruby as some kind of insult that I didn't understand and now I see it everywhere.

you had to show up to the arena for work, but you're not actually booked on the show, so you sit in catering all day/night and go home

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

Trying to get in a little late to the party on saying bad things about AEW to grift WWE fans because WWE fans are the most oppressed fans in wrestling. Known for saying things like "Latinx wrestlers and Asians don't count as PoC in America because they have Lucha Libre and Puro" and generally talking about how AEW doesn't treat their black wrestlers as good as WWE because they put their secondary World Title on people like Kofi and Bianca while forgetting how badly they were actually booked as champion before losing them in seconds to white people.

While he might have some valid points on the visibility of black wrestlers it's mostly fake concern for clicks, even black wrestling twitter are calling him out now

he's been a pro-wwe troll for a while now. he wrote an article on how cool it is that hulk hogan survived getting cancelled and could return to wwe back in 2017, and now his grift is acting like the company that has a decades long history of overt racism is woke, actually

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

This guy is a troll, right? There's no way anyone is this stupid. Like does this dude think contract signings during main event slots are the best thing ever?

he's was on big brother uk apparently, he thinks he's working a gimmick

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

It's a genuine crime that Vince has spent decades insisting that wrestling is the worst part about wrestling and now there's a whole generation of idiots regurgitating it.

it's not the whole generation, it's just the people who didn't stop watching. they've successfully driven away all but the most perfect idiots

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

It's funny because the 2 where AEW is destroying them are totally obvious why. Minneapolis is a PPV and one with a money main event. The Long Island one is the one where WWE blatantly tried to counter program by booking to run a week earlier... like 2 weeks after AEW's presage.

i'd consider wwe's PPV in atlanta not being able to outdraw a dynamite in duluth the biggest L on this list for wwe

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I know that isn't the case but do we know what was up with that? Punk seemed confused like it should have been a kickout.

They certainly primed it to be a kickout with the slow cover, just looks like Fish didn't kick out in time

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

It honestly never occurred to me that there's people out there who are convinced that AEW is just at the core of the grand conspiracy of liberal elites oppressing and lying to them. It makes total sense and its just how that kind of brain works, but I hadn't thought about that.

i think it's more like they see aew as part of the secret marxist conspiracy to ruin their lives and country, just like certain video games and family court

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

He had hated the first Kenny vs Angels match.

specifically complaining that kenny shouldn't have sold so much for angels or let him kick out of the v trigger

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

karrion kross is what made me stop caring about nxt. sometimes, when i start to feel bad for hhh getting humiliated by his own father in law, i remember that he absolutely deserved it for pushing that dipshit skinhead

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

WWE fans who hate AEW deciding to skip watching Smackdown to go to Rampage feels sad. Like these people are subconsciously trying to deprogram themselves.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Drakkel posted:

Do they really think AEW fans give a poo poo about Roman Reigns at this point? I barely follow WWE anymore and as far as I can tell he's just been doing the same boring poo poo week after week and people are acting like it's the greatest championship run in the history of wrestling

all i'll ever need to know about roman reigns is that he couldn't outdraw the bunny. they can have him break sammartino's record and it'll still be "yeah, but he couldn't outdraw the bunny"

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Dick Swiveller posted:

https://twitter.com/IAmGenuineOne/status/1457729566567436291?t=43Ee5mfoo0bpeCZ_RQKhNQ&s=19

he was given a plumber character and he was entertaining. that's all I want.

https://twitter.com/IAmGenuineOne/status/1454083239438602253

this may shock you, but it seems that WWE fans are not exactly paragons of consistency

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

really funny to be like "oh yeah his accusers have been totally discredited" while kelly klein has had a sexual harassment lawsuit pending against ROH and Sinclair Broadcasting since February based on what Lethal did

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

oh man, i just thought he was seeing some WWEbrains actually suggesting something nobody wanted to see. the fact that he legit thinks they could be setting up a heel turn is another level of stupidity

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

is anybody surprised that wwe fans watch a show they hate? they've already been doing it for decades

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1461184038895435781a

Who wants to tell these people that Bryan was never really a babyface to begin with

it's quite shrewd to be like "no mental gymnastics" at the same time you ask for an explanation. "please explain this but not in a way that makes me think too much."

also, WWE marks asking for explanations behind heel turns???

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1461689717641076740

when he tweeted this last night

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1461167516768616452

hey guys i think al just might be a bad person idk

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Venomous posted:

one more reason not to like Raquel I guess

i didn't know much about her until i started seeing instagram posts of her and braun taking photos with the sex cult guy from tiger king and i really don't need to know anything else now

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1465100254127214593?t=4OHXB28K_NZZ0P8McZ6eXQ&s=19

Love the idea that a literal fan vote is somehow supposed to be "non-biased"

E: might be a troll post but there are definitely people who think like this

roman as best box office draw has pressed the button in my brain that reads "remind people that Roman Reigns failed to outdraw The Bunny"

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

ROH shutting down is more of a symptom of Sinclairs's poor shape (they're losing soooooo much money on the regional sports networks) than having literally anything to do with the quality of their product

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

chell is too good of a poster to get zero engagement

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

there used to be a sports bar 45 minutes away from where i lived in college that my buddies would carpool to for ppvs, and god drat were those some of the worst experiences i've ever had watching wrestling.

watching wrestling with other wrestling fans can be annoying enough, but watching wrestling with uninterested townies who yell a bunch of awful poo poo was so bad we started ordering PPVs ourselves just so we didn't have to deal with it

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

El Generico posted:

In WWE, there's Brock and Roman, and then everyone else is a geek.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

I've only been noticing people calling Tony "Con" recently. But it can't have only started in the last month or so right? It's a pun so lame they have to have thought of it sooner.

i'm sure you can find the first time someone said it on twitter but it was a Dan Lambert line

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

has Tony even dropped a "This is the greatest night in the history of our sport!" in AEW yet?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

sure, the saudi royal family are directly responsible for a lot of deaths and WWE is doing propaganda for them, but who are you to deprive saudi children of some of the worst wrestling anyone's ever seen? that makes you just as bad, if not worse than they are. Do Better.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

interesting that he left Gunther (Nazi) off of that list of diverse characters

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

imagining the nazi anchorman scene in succession but with walter

"sorry, but i gotta ask about the u-boat commander thing."

"that thing? total bullshit. i'm only using half his name."

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

"i don't take nazi poo poo lightly," says man who is quote tweeting himself trying to downplay the nazi poo poo

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Karma Tornado posted:

[twelve hundred pages of complaining about too many camera cuts while pitching even more racist gimmicks than see air] this is praxis [some guy on somewhere saying AEW ratings aren't really that good] why do you have hate in your heart sir

of all the weeks to try to chastise people for joking about NXT's increasingly racist gimmicks, you picked the week they debuted Literal Nazi and Japanese Schoolgirl

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Brad Shepard is targeting Danhausen for being a Wife Guy

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

the bar for cutting promos is so low that as long as you can read lines decently and have an intense quiet part and a LOUD PART there will be fans who think they've just seen the best promo ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

the funniest thing about that is that these guys reached so hard for the Bearcat Wright homage theory when in reality it was vince thinking keith lee sounded "too smart"