Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Del Raminos posted:

In the long run we are all dead

Matt Hardy said he'll never die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

rovert posted:

THIS GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP

This reminds me of my favorite TNA anecdote. I think it's originally from the Board:

"I went to Best Buy today to pick up the Against All Odds 2008 DVD with the tremendous Kurt Angle © vs Christian Cage TNA World Heavyweight Championship match. I had no intention of buying any WWE dvds since I had crossed the line in 2002 and never looked back, but they had the Rey Mysterio: Ultimate Fan Collection on sale and since I've started working out regularly, I figured it was worth it for the wrist bands. When I got up to the counter, the cashier said "Which of these things is not like the other?" and gave a sarcastic smirk while scanning my TNA disc. I asked him what the deal was and he talked about how TNA wasn't "legitimate." Uh, the TNA World Heavyweight Champion is a freaking Olympic Gold Medalist! That's as legitimate as it gets. WWE's champions are a white rapper, a zombie, and the brother of a zombie. He offered to void it if I wanted to and it'd be no problem. I declined his "polite" offer and I paid for my stuff and got out. How much is WWE paying Best Buy to try to discourage them from crossing the line?"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Don't ever read what Meltzer wrote about WCW. He said that their business wasn't strong, and of course he's been proven wrong over the years and oh wait.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

TNA fans truly don't realize that advertisers won't pay top dollar to advertise on a show that can't even monetize their own audience. For example, UFC never got as big of ratings as Raw, but advertisers drat well knew that that audience were spending money on the payperviews. This makes UFC lucrative for advertisers. TNA gets 5000 people ordering their ppvs and house show attendance is abysmal. Advertisers will note this sort of thing.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Same, but with Chikara or DDT instead of NXT. What does Zizek think of Yoshihiku and why is he a metaphor for class warfare?

SMG would only be into found footage backyard wrestling.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

He fantasy books real life.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Stupid wrestling fan opinions: tweets, asylums, Meccas and stroke patients.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

That guy "left" reddit a few weeks ago in a huff after people kept pointing out how only like half of what he says ended up being true. Then he came back for more attention, so gently caress him.

Anything he said that ended up being being true was incredibly obvious.

There used to be some guy on reddit who claimed to have insider info for gambling reasons. Was Metsfan around at this time? I wouldn't be shocked if they're the same person.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MetsFan is actually Triple H IRL. This is just how he gets Redditors to pay for his ham.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Otto von Ruthless posted:

It seems to me like he did have some kind of genuine insider knowledge, just it was really limited and he quickly ran through having actual things to say

The reddit mods have confirmed that he did work for WWE but his position there was nowhere near close to what he implies. I'm guessing he was involved in production and still keeps in touch with a few people on that side.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Why do the TNA fan sites hate rovert so much?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

R/squaredcircle has a sticky about MetaFan being banned due to an informer from 3 days ago. What was this incident? Which one of you was secretly trolling reddit as MetsFan?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

epitasis posted:

I don't understand your question or what your reference to an informer means but there will be another metsfan thread and ban in six weeks so don't sweat it

I meant incident, not informer. My fingers are obviously too fat for this phone!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

They can't even afford $5 pizzas and then wonder why wrestling isn't attractive to advertisers.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

they really think they arent outright being replaced. wow.

I was looking at the comments on TNA Mecca, and a bunch of them think TNA got promoted to the Discovery Netowrk and bought ROH.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

goc posted:

Are you loving making GBS threads me? The first joke I made about this was "Meltzer is wrong. DA isn't dropping them, they are being moved up to the big leagues to be the flagship of the Discovery Network"

Those loving idiots couldn't have actually taken their delusion THAT far could they?

Not even making GBS threads you. I'm phone posting right now and can't link, but it's in their May 25 GDT.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Delsaber posted:

Old wrestling sites never seem to die, it's the weirdest thing. I think CRZ was the only guy from those days who actually moved on with his life.

Really? I thought Scott Keith was the only one from the late 90s/early 2000s that was still around. Unless guys like Hyatte and Ask the Rick are still out there somewhere.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

epitasis posted:

are people emptyquoting out of agreement or suggesting that's a stupid opinion i can't tell

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

We are lesser people for having read any of this. If you haven't clicked on this link, don't.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Ah, he booked crowd reactions. That's the best part.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I am confident TNA could do an empty arena match.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

This is my favorite post so far.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The irony is that his accomplishments in ROH are more respected than holding 50 titles in TNA.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

This is great branding? I can't tell if the name of the company is TNA or Impact Wrestling.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Please don't share Dave Meltzer's journal.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

oatgan posted:

leave the thread title

It should be the George Regal Memorial Thread.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I used to go to Wrestlezone and we had chat room wars with prowrestling.com. gently caress I’m old.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

It’s low hanging fruit to be sure, but Scott Leith actually republished his “Hot Poker Up the rear end” rant for WWA. How he could look at that in 2018 and not be completely embarrassed is beyond me.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I am unfamiliar with this rant. Is it as bad as it sounds? What is it even about?

Instead of star ratings for matches he uses hot pokers up the rear end for poor match quality. In this rant he threatens to shove hot pokers up Jeremy Borash’s rear end, and the worse the match is the more pokers he gets. It’s bad.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

He updates his blog all the time. The only reason to go to his site is because he has a few guest recappers who are quite good - Maffew for WWECW reviews and LSisco for old WE/WCW tv recaps.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I don't think he realizes what implications that "little or no live event schedule" would have for a wrestlers pay.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Top 10 Lucha is
1) Rey Mysterio
2) Sin Cara
3) mil Mascaras
4) ultimo Dragon
5) LWo
6) Tito Santana
7) Santo
8) Rey Mysterio Sr
9) the Guerrero’s
10) Lucha House Party

How do I get paid for this?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Honorable Mention: Vince McMahon

Before Vince McMahon you would only find Lucha in dusty old bars and high school gymnasiums.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I think I’ve mentioned this before but I always thought Virgil was the toughest motherfucker on earth when I was a kid. They’d sometimes do angles where Dibiase would make his rival fight Virgil, and I just thought it was because Virgil was tough and never realized DiBiase was just using him.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I fully support this idiot on his efforts to get Matt Riddle released. In fact, any WWE star who is critical of Bill Goldberg needs to be released.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

TL posted:

The only forum I ever posted on regularly other than here was Scotsmanality.

I was there too but I wasn’t a frequent poster. The only other forum I really remember posting on was DVDVR.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

2k15 was pretty negatively received too. It was the first one for the current gen systems and it was really stripped down.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

And of course his twitter handle ends with an 88.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

i didn't even notice. thank god.

edit: seriously, what "commercial aspect" is there to mauro struggling with his mental health behind closed doors and shamrock taking up for him. gently caress him, for real

Their theory is that Mauro is over exaggerating so he can get more compensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

My name is Finlay, and I like to bite:lolplant: