Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can’t even imagine how hosed up your brain has to be to watch both of those shows and think the Rumble was better.

Seeing both live I felt they were roughly equal honestly. At least in terms of excitement and storytelling. Obviously NXT was overall better match quality, but even then outside of Johnny's match I wouldnt call the gap that big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm not sure if it would be more funny to see Wrestlemania's entire 60,000+ Audience start booing and never stop all the way through to Kofi's victory, or to see Trump's poll plummet for helping a black man.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

Kofi will be the first black man in a Mania world title match since

*checks notes*

The Rock in 2013, six years ago

*checks more notes for non-Rock entries since I know that's a thorny issue*

*holy poo poo we're going way back and, oh honey, no*

Booker T in 2003, 16 years ago

So sure, WWE totally isn't racist anymore

Well Batista is Phillipino, so you've got that in there a few times. And Roman is Samoan.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

And Del Rio is Mexican, obviously. But you're glossing over the larger point, which is that WWE has historically never given a fair shake to African-American wrestlers when it comes to giving them high-profile matches on the biggest shows. The fact that their only black world champion in history can be debatable (regardless of where you fall on the Rock debate) is damning enough.

So no, I'm not gonna throw roses at their feet just because Kofi happened to get hot at the right time. You know drat well he'd be doing his tired pancakes shtick on this show otherwise.

I was actually trying to be snarky more than anything.

Let me try again: Of course if Donald Trump had succeeded in getting Bobby Lashley over as the new guy at Mania 23 we could had him main eventing for the last ten years, so really this is his fault!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I mean, my only differing thought on the thing was that Rock always seemed to pretty strongly de-emphasize his black identity in favor of his Samoan identity, and if that was a choice he was making I thought it was weird to be telling him what he is. Although I did certainly never like, question or deny his blackness.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

You all are going to Feel silly when RKOkada revolutionizes tag wrestling.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Yes, the SJW Agenda will ruin AEW, just like they did Star Wars and Captain Marvel, each of which made a LITERAL billion dollars.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Venomous posted:

And yet backflips don’t draw casual fans because it UNREALISTIC

Kirito was a loving Spot Monkey. All he did was floppy poo poo.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

re: Bra and Panties matches (or more neutrally, a stripping match if you want to apply it to dudes), I remember liking them in high school not because of the sexual titlation, since I had the internet for that, but because I liked Trish and because the heels she would beat in them usually sold the embarrassment of being exposed at her hands like death even if they were wearing less for their ring gear. If you use the stip in a way similar to a hair match, I think it can have merit. Like, I could see a dude like Santino playing a match like that for great laughs. And to get away from comedy, there was an AE podcast review where Luna Vachon did a bra and panties match with Sable and threatened in her Scary Monster Voice to strip every scrap of clothing from her body and leave her brutalized and exposed to the world. It wasn't titalating, it was horrifying.

I remember they even did something like that with god drat Triple H one time during the Evolution era, having some lower card wrestler snatch off a towel he was wearing out on the Tron stage and having him sell it like the most embarrassing thing in his entire life even though he wrestles in tiny trunks and was the most ripped man alive. It worked really well, he was the exact kind of heel you want to see completely humiliated like that. It was funny AND it felt like serious comeuppance for him because it was a direct blow to the heart of his heel character.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

oldpainless posted:

These mental gymnastics are Jamaican me crazy

They practically had to walk on their hands, balance on a guard rail, jump into a chair and step on a plate of pancakes for those mental gymnastics!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Even if Kenny was married with kids it doesn't mean his queer relationship is fake.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

gently caress anyone who didn't like the Joshi 6woman Tag at DoN. Like, you can toss barbs at the others for various things, but that one was amazing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I imagine that if Lacey heard that people loved her because Allah wanted it she'd turn to stone like a Medusa with her gaze reflected back upon her, her expression forever frozen in both physical and existential agony

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Eat My Fuc posted:

NXT needs a top heel and Charlotte vs. Io will be sweet

I thought Io WAS NXT's top heel?

I was actually hoping Bianca would be the one who would feud with and beat Charlotte but she's gotten called up apparently... which is probably for the best.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The Rhea match was OK, but the first half of it dragged and was not good, and the second half I thought had some pretty notable flaws even aside from the obvious wrong ending. It was not blown away.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I honestly did not think of it until I saw Alvarez's tweet, I thought it was just a cool spot to show that Orton is a psycho. The weight room brawl was the best segment of the match IMO.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Impact is bringing back women's tag team wrestling? I watched Impact last night and that's news to me.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Power Windows posted:

I believe there's another post where he refers to it as "covaids". Because you know, it's not enough to be a plain old dumb piece of poo poo, gotta toss in some homophobia and toxic masculinity.

Nothing quite says "Covid is no big deal," than comparing it to the universally recognized Worst And Most Horrible Disease Of The Last Two Generations

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

This would certainly explain how Gedo won booker of the year for all those years even as WWE Wrestlers will still raking up trophies in individual categories over New Japan Wrestlers.

...oh wait, no, what's the opposite of explaining something?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

I love how the banner made all of the worst people as angry as we all knew it would.

https://twitter.com/tnAEWfan/status/1367621399980949518

Is this like... a person praising Starbucks as being obviously superior to a local coffee joint? What world am I living in? Are we going to start waxing poetic about the superiority of Wal-mart to my local farmers market next?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

DLC Inc posted:

funny how people get eternally pissed when CM Punk airs his grievances yet when a legit well-liked guy such as Jon Moxley aired the exact same grievances, nobody gave him poo poo.

Seth did. "The food on muh table! :qq:"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Lol at Booker saying "Who gives a drat about the Ice Cream Bars," as if that wasn't one of the biggest pops in the promo and wasn't all over social media and news reports for days after. He wants to talk about cheap pops naming landmarks as the way to go and then poo poo on the ice cream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I want to hear CM Punk listing the local landmarks for every single city they run shows in

Only if Jericho comes out with him and they're all on a giant comedy list prop, and also a bunch of them are just Armbar.