Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Myself and someone on Youtube

Testekill

Considering that TNA is a clusterfuck right now that can barely pay people while guys like PAC and El Generico are being heavily pushed in NXT, why would he go to TNA? His match with PAC a couple of years ago was essentially what got PAC hired and Devitt has only improved since then.

Andre Corbeil

wwe in ring pace is to slow to suit sudden athletes like devitt. they even slowed reys style in 2001 

Testekill

That was 13 years ago. Rey had already suffered a few knee injures.by the time he joined WCW and it only got worse from there.

Plus, once more they're using guys like Tyler Black, Pac, El Generico without neutering their styles. Black is part of the heaviest pushed team in years after all while PAC is NXT champion.

Andre Corbeil

so are you denying that the match pace is slower in wwe. that is why their ring is slightly bigger & the ring size hasnt changed in 13 years so whats kane & wcw have to do with the speed & pace of the product?

Testekill

The match style is slower and safer so that the wrestlers can cope with the wear and tear as well as so that the big moves can feel more important.
If you bust out a shooting star press in every match then the crowd are going to get sick of it. But if you only do them every so often then they mean alot more. Cesaro doesn't bust out the swiss death or the Alphamere Waterslide in every match so it then counts more when it gets used.

And what the gently caress are you talking about Kane for? Tyler Black is Seth Rollins aka part of the shield aka the stable that has had two match of the year cantidates already.

Andre Corbeil7:38 PM

if you cant control the language like an adult you are not welcome here! good bye

Andre Corbeil

ps kane was a google voice text blunder if you wanna know why i mentioned kane! sometimes it doesnt register the right spoken word 

Andre Corbeil

i wont block you but in the future please keep it respectful. this is a channel for all ages

Testekill

So tell me why Devitt would be better off in TNA? Their only good high flyers are Sanada & Tigre Uno while the WWE has PAC, El Genercio, Samuray is an amazing flyer, Daniel Bryan works well with high flyers and Seth Black is good at it also. So he can get paid and he has much better people to work with. Not to mention that KENTA is coming to the WWE soon also.

There's a reason why Jesse Neal had to apply for food stamps while working for TNA, why Jesse Sorensen got fired as soon as the statute of limitations had expired for being able to sue for injury, why any talented people who won't work for a tiny amount of money are getting fired. Because TNA is a basketcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Rollins is his Slave Name, I take it?

Nah, I was pretty much assuming that the dude would just ignore me actually using their WWE names. Because, you know, Youtube. I was pretty annoyed at the football at the time so I was essentially venting on some poor schmuck.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

The end of that quote sounds like Tim Buckley talking about miscarriages.

Losing Kazarian is often harder on the fan than on the TNA.

Kazarian has to move past and heal.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jECVumkeg

A dumbass TNA fan (a bit of a oxymoron there but whatever) actually created a top ten greatest and ten worst Dixie Carter moments.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Never fear guys, we've got Gunner and the Cop-Puncher 2000 who might be the same person since they have the same look and are equally boring.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I listened to the interview and the TNA fan wasn't too bad. He was a bit stubborn when it came to what rovert pointed out but he was pretty open about how bad TNA can be at times.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Sorry, there was only one such detective and his name was Leslie Nielson :(

And Vince murdered him because he was too close to the truth.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

We joke about a TNA reality tv show, but in reality Dixie actually pitched such a show to networks a couple of years ago after she was turned down by a reality tv show (the name of which escapes me). It was pushed exactly as you expect - Dixie is just a mom but she's also the successful owner of a wrestling company.

No one was interested enough to even want a pilot.

I think she wanted to get on Real Housewives of Nashville or something along those lines.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

From here

quote:

No offense meant at all man, but prove they didn't make payroll or were late paying. No one outside that company knows the financials. Why would someone float that online you ask? Because they work everyone at all times. That's wrestling. The boys work shoot interview guys as marks and say things that will trend. They embellish here and there but its part of the grift. A pissed off employee who leaks a rumor that trends, likely gets a call back and money from a newz site next time. Not saying that's what it is but prove to me absolutely that it isn't. Neither of us are likely to. Panda paying the bills is not new nor is it news. That isn't the. Carter's paying off Dixie's debts that is called an investment and it's an easy right off on loss for their overall bottom line. Major industrial companies do this. With Panda its energy so they are experts in margins. Righting off minor losses allows for expenditures in another area. They are likely to have dozens of companies/investments they do this with. Again, I will never call her a saint or even a very good promoter, she isn't. But I am not going to grudge her a bit for spending her money the way she wants.

Clueless TNA defender

Testekill fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 16, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It gets worse. Anything bad that you hear about TNA in a shoot interview is just bitterness from former employees and that since TNA aren't publicly traded then you can't know how the business is going so you should just gently caress off because you don't know anything.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Well, gently caress...

Let's pack it up boys. We've been thoroughly owned here.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I wish I could believe in anything as much as NomDePlume believes in TNA.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

that's not outside the realm of possibility, to be honest

Look when you're not getting paid, sometimes you have to do stuff that you regret.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

rovert posted:

TNAMecca on Eric Young vs Brock Lesnar

It's almost like the WWE save world title defenses for PPV where they can actually make money.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://officialfan.proboards.com/thread/512722/punk-weeks-art-wrestling-podcast

This thread is a goldmine for lovely opinions. Some people just hate CM Punk and will never give him an inch, even if for example it is because the WWE doctor misdiagnosed a serious staph infection. I could go through the thread and pick and choose stuff and get a couple of posts worth of poo poo if you want.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

That's right, bumping from a clothesline is exactly as dangerous as taking a powerbomb on the barricade.

Wait, what?

And an arm drag is exactly as dangerous as being piledrived off of the apron.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

TNA trying to sign a big name free agent. "THAT IS SLANDER YOU MOTHER FUCKER SHANE SELTZER AND YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE TNA LOOK BAD"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

"Yet another crowd crying because they didn't get what they wanted. What a shock."

When someone called him out on this he responded

"No, I'm saying that that crowd is just like the rear end in a top hat that booed Rey Mysterio last year. Getting what you want RIGHT NOW is not the loving point, and you, and the rest of those assholes know it. It's about the loving journey, and to throw Daniel Bryan right back into the title match, after most of a year off is not a journey, it's blatant pandering to the crowd, and it shouldn't be done. I'm glad it didn't.

Would I have liked to see DB last longer? Yes. I'd have loved to see him eliminate Bray Wyatt too, but that's not the story we've been given, so you know what? Y'all, and the rest of the crowd can just deal with it."

Who was that?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

quote:

I can forgive RAW crowds for sucking due to the constant talking segments, recaps, and general repetitiveness. But that was a perfectly good wrestling PPV show and the crowd just wasn't into it from start to finish.

quote:

If you get given poo poo than you give them nothing. This show was loving garbage and you can't expect them to react. I mean goddamn people complained about the Rumble crowd and now you're complaining, it's not the crowds job to get themselves excited.

quote:

I don't know what planet you are living on where that was a 'garbage' show. The Tag Title match, the US Title match, and the main event were all really good/great, with everything else being solid or otherwise short. It's not like it was TLC where they threw Big Show and Rowan out there for 10 minutes in an abortion of a match.

Some guy on another forum complaining about the dead crowd at Fastlane. Second quote is me and the third quote is him again.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 23, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Ribsauce posted:

It wasn't clean, Big Show hit him as a cheap shot while he was the ineligable man.

Yes, because this punch looks like it had so much impact.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Optimist with doubt posted:

I saw Adrian Street at a convention recently and I support this

dude's looking good

I thought that Adrian Street died ages ago. Dude is in phenomenal shape, especially considering he's in his mid 70s.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The fact that it used continuity wasn't the problem, it was that it wasn't very funny, especially since other seasons have used continuity when it suited them.

I dunno, I thought that last season was pretty funny but the final two episodes were loving garbage that bought the entire season down.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

I can't screengrab it, but Metsfan came out with this classic a few days ago.

Even the people in that thread are like 'Come on now, you're being dumb'.

This is hilarious considering there's a series on there that is essentially "WCW amirite?"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

TNA "legend" Sting. It was just amazing how they made him just another guy within a couple of years.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

hey so I just realized that the main event ended up being a three way

DAVE MELTZER 1
METSFAN 0

That might be the most beautiful thing here, metsfan still ended up being wrong about the main event.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It must be nice being that stupid.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So I made a comment on the youtube video of Jeff Hardy breaking his leg and there are now two gigantic retards having a slapfight in my comments thread over absolutely nothing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Who the gently caress was lumping praise on Candice Michelle? She improved from when she started but she was only ever mediocre.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

quote:

Man Bun Murphy

Who the hell told him to go out with that stupid haircut? I get they're trying to make Blake and Murphy look a bit different from each other, but jesus christ. Might as well give him angel wings and a tampon dispenser.

Posted about 16 hours ago, still thinks that Blake is the Australian.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

quote:

I couldn't watch the match live because of exams.
All the buzz it made and all the praises it received made it look like the women version of HBK-Taker.
I mean .. I saw somebody on twitter saying that the match was better than anything the main roster produced in 2015, this includes RR triple threat and WM main-event of course.
So sometime later, I watched and it was good, like really really good... but nowhere near what some people make it to be.

The match isn't overrated just because it's a women match but also because it's NXT.
Some people really love NXT and always want to show that it's the pro-wrestling paradise that is miles better than the stinky main roster.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So it seems to me like they hate Moose, thereby proving just how wrong and stupid they are.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

They're really dedicated to the idea that ROH wants to cross-promote with them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

it's not surprising that the spawn of Kane and Mil Muertes who's stuck in TNA, would have anger and rage issues

It's the brother of Judas Mesias after all.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dave vs TNA for feud of the decade.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Benne posted:

If wrestling isn't fake then how is James Storm still walking free after murdering Mickie James

She was only mostly dead.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Benne posted:

I tried to give him some slack in that match since his pod busted open and the ref just went :shrug: so he entered the match early. Still, he was an anchor on the match and kept barging in on other guys' planned spots -- at one point Dolph literally yelled "don't move, Mark" before he did a corner splash on Barrett. That match was a disaster.

I'll be shocked if there's a match in a major promotion that is considered worst than that

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Talk about a lovely opinion, the chocolate drop is the greatest thing that story designer ever created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MotU posted:

big dave is losing so much money he cant even afford 9 volt batteries

Alvarez will never be able to get that gold boat of his.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

This isn't on the level of their normal stupidity but it made me smile

Gangrel was the happiest vampire. Like how could you not love his headbob in his entrance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

super macho dude posted:

A New Day movie sounds great imo.

Just have New Day travelling through time and having fun