Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Don’t gently caress 12 year olds.

Cornette learnt the wrong lessons from Grizzly Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My only memory of Luther Reigns is his match with Charlie Haas at the 2004 Bash, and his finisher, which was basically a Tongan Twist, looked incredible.

So in my heart, Luther Reigns was always good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The second Inoki's chin walked into the room everyone would stop and stare.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well his evidence for New Japan's homoeroticism is noted NJPW superstar Danshoku Dino, so you know he's got his finger on the pulse.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I personally would like to see Hangman do another G1, he really impressed me in 2018. Past him I don't watch AEW so don't really know many of the people there. Plus he can reforge his partnership with big match Yujiro which is a definite plus

Now if Katsu Nakajima came to do another G1 (or Kenoh, any of Kongoh really), that's a completely different story. Hook that poo poo directly into my veins, no matter how much of an impossibility it is

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I liked John Silver when he first appeared in Chikara around 2012, if only because my first assumption was that Frightmare had been banging out the roids while on the injury list

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Minoru Tanaka is absolutely in the Jr GOAT conversation

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Goldberg wouldn't even crack my top 10 coolest 50yo+ wrestlers

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

numbers 1 to 8 on that list are all Suzuki. 9 is Nagata. 10 is Old Dustin.

Kojima's gonna lariat you for such blatant disrespect

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wait, is chicken salt not huge worldwide? Once again Australia ahead of the curve, it's fairy bread all over again

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I really do live in the best country, i've got both healthcare and hotsauce. And plenty of shoes to drink out of.

Seams posted:

Americans don’t even use kettles.

This is absolutely baffling to me. Like how the gently caress? I use my kettle every day, do you people boil everything on the stove like a commoner?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yoshi-Hashi > Tetsuya Naito

:hmmyes: This list checks out

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

How could anyone forget Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray in the WWF

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Endless Mike posted:

I bet Big Biceps Tony has a whiteboard in the back detailing all the stories.

I hope it's as low-rent as the NOAH whiteboard trying to figure out where the Junior division is at show to show

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1355699695302156288

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

First item on the agenda, wrestling needs more sweet kicks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

Imagine if she could though? What I'm saying here is that Nodoka Tenma rules.

Cosigned, although I'm still partial to strong Miu

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

Ibushi is dull and forgettable

Murder Kota on the other hand...

Regular Ibushi is more interesting right now than I ever remember him being. Now thats he's become God he's lost what was left of his humanity and gone utlra instinct weird, getting in the way of Sho and Hiromu's budding romance and making reporters super nervous because the just stares at them with that vacant grin on his face. His post-match interview after the Sanada match was the hardest i've laughed at wrestling in a long time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Vandar posted:

In what goddamn world are Sting, Arn Anderson, Lance Archer, Trent, Tazz, and Tully 'made in the WWE'?

This is patently ridiculous, everyone knows Sting, Archer and Taz made made their names in TNA

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

at one point I genuinely had a recurring nightmare where maki signed to WWE and was stripped of everything that makes her cool and likeable.

If Chris Brookes somehow got monkey's pawed into it as well i'm sure they'd find some way to get over

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The thing that keeps turning me off when I watch random AEW matches is the camerawork, it's way too active and frenetic. Give me a single hardcam with zooms and pans done in-camera and I'll take it every single time, I'm personally able to immerse myself way more with that than cuttting between several cemeras. New Japan is a bit calmer and more enjoyable, but it's nowhere near as much as I enjoy what the CyberFight Promotions do with their smaller shows

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

sticklefifer posted:

Let me tell you about this little company called WWE

I've not watched WWE regularly in over a decade, but from the clips i've seen i'm liable to agree. AEW is more of the same to me, albeit not to such a ridiculous degree. Neither are something I enjoy watching, no matter how good the talent is

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Post-pandemic break gave us the Yoshi-Hashi and El Desperado pushes, I refuse to begrudge them any missteps

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Are they arguing the same thing but also arguing with eachother?

Forget it Jake, it's Twittertown

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

You know that someone's arguing in good faith when they're clamoring for the return of Inoki-ism.

Kazuyuki Fujita should go to AEW and win the belt in under 10 minutes

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Marvel characters don't die.

The last movie ended with a funeral for one of the main characters who died. Checkmate, skeptics.

e: after extensive research, turns out there was a Spiderman film i forgot about after Endgame

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Someone (Eddie Kingston?) convince Tony to go negotiate with the Japanese TV networks to get the rights to all the old All Japan stuff. He can say "All JAPAN is All ELITE" it writes itself

Just twisting the knife that All Japan themselves can't get that 90s stuff put onto the Battle Library

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Where is the Enclosed Pool area?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=681

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Until further notice the only acceptable ladder matches are King of the Mountain and IRON FINGERS FROM HELL

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saul Goode posted:

I don't know much about GCW but I've known a few fans who are very into deathmatches and not much else... the idea of putting a world title held by Nick Gage onto a WWE washout and current TNA star really feels like the wrong kind of heat to be getting with those type of fans. If it's only drinks being thrown Cardona should feel lucky!

Then they should throw poo poo at the person who booked the title change, rather than the guy performing the story

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Golden Bee posted:

They cut the earlier version, three minutes of Vince McMahon trying to pronounce Nigiri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQlg8RgkkA

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wait, was CIMA signed to AEW at some point? I assumed he was Freelance between the demise of OWE and his current stuff with GLEAT

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I liked the part where Juan said to watch Yuka in TJPW to get the full Rude Djinn experience

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Is that Jagged and Shane Matthews? When did they manage to escape being Everrise?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

About 30 days before debuting on AEW.

IceAgeComing posted:

They signed new contracts, debuted a show on the WWE YouTube channel and were cut within like a week or something ridiculous.

Haha that's great. Happy they've managed to land on their feet, I really enjoyed their Chikara stuff once upon a time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dawgstar posted:

I was vaguely horrified if not really surprised to learn apparently Yoshiko came back to work at Stardom.

As far as I recall it was a one-off appearance for their anniversary show, although she has been out injured for several months so maybe there was some other plans for her working with them. Yoshiko had rehabbed her image in terms of prefessionalism as well as she could in the years in between so not surprised Rossy would make the call if he thought it could bring SEAd fans to the show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kenta Kobashi must be spinning in his grave knowing that Meltzer thinks the cage match was better than every single match he had in his career

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My country plays in the Asian Football Confederation which gives me the authority to say that Tomohiro Ishii rules.

Bold statements only from this poster

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lid posted:

the problem with of the decade is they tend to do poorly for people whose prime crossed over between two different decades, Tana's was late 2000s and early 2010s and thus not considered the best of either

Tana would have to be the choice for best of the 21st century, only person I would think comes close is KENTA and he spent all those years being injured in America

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lid posted:

Bryan Danielson Award (Best Technical Wrestler)

Zack Sabre Jr.
Daniel Bryan
Kyle O’Reilly

That's great :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Venomous posted:

tbh I'd say Takashi Sugiura is up there as well for best of the last decade, but I know for a fact that I'm alone in that opinion

I love Sugiura now, but shamefully i've not seen enough of him from the 2010s to comment