Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

HHH books one year of WWE and people are already pretending like he worked his way up from the mailroom or something, absolutely wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Vandar posted:

NXT is the best redemption story HHH could have possibly had.

It's insane how easily he was able to change everyone's perceptions of him.

Every so often that image of those Redditors sending him a fruit basket creeps into my brain, like an awkward high school memory emerging for no apparent reason.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

“I just think Coke tastes better, maybe because I grew up drinking it.”

“Time to die.”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Drakkel posted:

The twitter body language experts are out in full force

It’s also proof none of these people watch the show they obsess over because Schiavone’s been doing the exact same thing for weeks when the Bucks show up, ever since they threatened to EVP trigger him. It’s almost as if… there’s a story?! But that’s impossible, I’ve been told AEW has none of those.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

WWE fans getting tired of Cody and demanding a new toy be made champion in about a week is wild.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Just walk out!

But then you miss the ability to create CONTENT for Twitter and get to interact with some of the worst people alive! Why wouldn’t you want that?!?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Haku needs to be much, much larger to be in contention here for most dominant. Had Andre teamed up with Big Daddy or Giant Haystacks, well, that'd be worth discussing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

What happened in WWE that the grifters are starting to criticize it? Is it because Cody was part of AEW?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Until Cool Hand Ang films himself in the Japanese Suicide Forest I think we can safely say they're not ripping him off.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

furthermore no big wrestlers should ever fight small wrestlers, lest impressionable fans go home and beat their children

This reminded me of when Lance Archer fought Marko Stunt and someone tweeted that AEW was showing child abuse on TV.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Feeling real bad for the office employee who’s gotta delete every email from “AEWDestroyer173848AcknowledgeME@yahoo.com” asking who the owner is.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

People acting like Vince was an evil spirit that’s been exorcised from the company is loving wild. All the problems just floated out the window when he left, it’s all sunshine now!

“I know all these people were fired and they’re all minorities BUT don’t worry, the phone call was really nice! Unlike the past, which was ENTIRELY due to Vince!”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Ospreay becoming WWE’s public enemy #1 is great. Dude’s wrestling kickass matches almost every week and getting to spend time back home with his family while HHH’s acts like a jilted ex and asks Kevin Nash to badmouth him.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

“What if good thing everybody wants… is actually not good?!?”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always worth remembering that 99% of the people arguing online look like this. So if you start taking things too seriously, just remember that, take a step back, and maybe try some new facial hair.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

"My child is taking judo" followed by "I've learned that you cannot defeat someone trained in judo" sure tells a story.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Miching Mallecho posted:

Who are you to doubt that this man is a registered lethal weapon

You need to show the rest of the gif, where Punk bursts into flame and launches a perfect Tiger Uppercut. He knew what he was doing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

It is a little frustrating because the last few episodes of Dark Side of the Ring have been VERY Cornette and Bischoff heavy and I can't even watch those two pop up on TV any more without assuming they're bullshitting.

Bischoff said he had to fire Sherri Martell because she wasn't sober on TV, then Madusa is like "well she was far from the only one, and none of those guys got fired" but they never followed upon that, Bischoff just was allowed to get away with saying that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

As AEW gets better you see more and more crazy poo poo like this, like how bad reviews of Yankee Candles increase with covid cases.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The "he said he'd never be an onscreen character!" line is all over the place today. Pretty funny considering:

TK didn't talk or really do anything besides point and get his rear end kicked

He's been on TV plenty before this, going all the way back to the Impact partnership

This appears to be a way to write him off even more and present the EVPs as the people running the show

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

xbilkis posted:

Going to send Jim into convulsions by showing him a picture of late career Kirk Hinrich

I think you messed up, that's a picture of Michael Jordan, you can tell because of the red jersey.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

"I stole it from someone else who got it from Jim Cornette."

If you ever say that you need to immediately stop what you're doing and reevaluate the decisions in your life that have led you to this point.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Tony had the NFL Anal Stys shook!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

"Hey, babe, can you help the kids with their homework tonight? Alfred Konuwa's going to be on Tooney Talk Wrestling. Honey? Why'd I hear the front door close?"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

VideoWitch posted:

That's like 100% a green screen right? Which honestly just makes it more pathetic

It is. This dude's doing his puppet show from a bare studio apartment and greenscreening it to look like that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

"AEW's for manchildren and losers!" I say through my puppet inside my greenscreened mancave full of comic book statues.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

https://x.com/enforcerchris_/status/1785780692078461000

the Fiend/Bray Wyatt people are so fascinating to me

Won’t google Will Ospreay but they turn into true crime podcasters when you put a QR code in front of them.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

My favorite ECW legend is Abraham Washington.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I don't think Jim is necessarily wrong to say WWE fanboys will claim Mariah is a ripoff, but:

A) They're going to do that no matter what
B) Jim should then just say "these people are dumb" and not "Mariah should stop wearing pink!"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

WWE is art, it’s not about the moves you do - it’s the moves you DON’T do. And Jade just sports entertained the equivalent of the Sistine Chapel.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I hope they really lean into the goofy haunted hayride aesthetic so I can see gifs of Bo Dallas chasing somebody around with a plastic sickle or Rowan wearing blacklight facepaint. There's still 4 months until Spirit Halloweens start to open, I need a fix before that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

JUNGLE BOY posted:

hologram bray wyatt

I'm sure that's coming and I am dreading the myriad of posts saying that it's a beautiful tribute to Bray and just what he wanted (as the hologram is used to distract Cody Rhodes so Dexter Lumis can conk him on the head with a pumpkin)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Benne posted:

Bo Dallas hasn't wrestled in five years. Who could possibly give a gently caress.

Mountain Dew Pitch Black cares, as they just found their new spokesman

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Colt makes a pretty nice living from Pro Wrestling Tees and his producer role in AEW, but the REAL money comes from the fact that he apparently lives rent free in the heads of thousands of weirdos.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Eddie Kingston showed up this week because I texted my Dad “hope Eddie shows up this week”.

Yeah 👀👀

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Nobody is supposed to have fun at wrestling.

You think I took you to all those WWE shows to have fun?!! Well, I didn’t hear any hooting and hollering!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I think we can all agree the Cartoon Network Title would kick rear end and would probably lead to stuff like a Dexter’s Laboratory Street Fight or Scooby Doo meeting Death Triangle.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I am curious about the hypothetical WWE fan who:

A) Is hyped for Cody vs Nick Aldis
B) Hates AEW with all their being
C) Still hasn't googled who Okada and Ospreay are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Dalton is extremely over with my wife as well, has been ever since he was on that episode of Family Feud.