Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

quote:

Ratings Description:

A match will be rated as the following:

WDW- Wrestling Done Wrong. Terrible matches, possibly even embarrassing

W- Wrestling, meaning it was a wrestling match (nothing special)

WD- Wrestling Done- A solid, enjoyable match

WDR- Wrestling Done RIght. An exceptional match, must see!

let him cook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Graphic design is my passion rear end website

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Spending fifteen minutes determing if a match should be ranked "Wres" or "Wrestl".

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I thought this clown gave up wrestling to ride embarrassing garish motorcycles

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I give this match WD3/4R

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Have any of the thread regulars been riding WWE for not having a video package to introduce Tanga Loa?

And show everyone how thoroughly :mediocre: he is?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I really love how these people all seem to be stuck at least ten years in the past with their Meltzer complaints it's very funny

it's cool that he's spent the last 2 years talking about how good wwe is doing but the parasocial weirdos obsessed with him still think he's being bribed by the competition because they get their information third-hand from reddit comments and various podcasts

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave has been overly generous in WWE star ratings unless you think WWe should have a 5+ star rating and if you do the problem is you not Dave

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol at that geocities page being the end result of a multi-year attempt at finding success as a content creator. at least he found a way to re-use that picture of himself

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

little munchkin posted:

lol at that geocities page being the end result of a multi-year attempt at finding success as a content creator. at least he found a way to re-use that picture of himself

this week in aew just as long as dynamite lmao

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The stupid thing is that Meltzer doesn't even particularly dislike WWE, really; it's just the house style he's not keen on.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

mooseinfants posted:

He only rates on a scale of W to WDR lol

This is honestly incredible and I love it. “This match? It was just wrestling. But THIS match?? Wrestling done!”

Edit: posted before I saw the actual rating definitions and still laughing. I love it Maggle.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Oh it's that weird NOAH dude.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

TinTower posted:

The stupid thing is that Meltzer doesn't even particularly dislike WWE, really; it's just the house style he's not keen on.

Meltzer has even always rated WWE on a curve and is obviously far more generous with the star ratings for WWE shows.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Dave has a bias for anything it's ladder matches. Dude loving loves his ladders. I'm pretty sure he's given every men's MITB match a 4+ no matter how stale and repetitive they are.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

little munchkin posted:

quote:

At my lowest point, it happened! Vince McMahon was ran out of WWE and Triple H took over. Since WrestleMania 40 the WWE has become a completely different company, and I have found myself loving it. So long as they keep this "new era" direction I will be supporting WWE fully, for the first time in my life. I hope to review many of the matches on their television shows, and PLE events here on this page. Thank you Paul Levesque for wrestling done right!
LMAO

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm still not convinced this guy isn't doing some elaborate bit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Benne posted:

desperation for relevancy isnt really a good bit.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

I think the only bit is that he wants to be a revered wrestling personality and he changes his focus at least every quarter. I think he’s insincere in everything he says or writes and just tries to cast as wide a net as possible to try and get someone to notice him.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Save us Stardom Samurai

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1787289883414851957

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

now imagine if they also put karrion kross in 👀👀👀

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1787300152216068489

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah yes, who wouldn't get excited for a team of 4 mediocre midcard wrestlers & Nikki Cross? Who I don't think they've ever done anything with of any note.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

you could have said 5 mediocre midcard wrestlers for efficiency’s sake

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

you could have said 5 mediocre midcard wrestlers for efficiency’s sake

Yeah, but she's Scottish so I like her

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm the only person who unequivocally and unashamedly loved Sam Shaw and even Bo's Bo-Lieve gimmick and I can't imagine starting with those two and thinking "yeah this will be a great stable that will change the game"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I hope they really lean into the goofy haunted hayride aesthetic so I can see gifs of Bo Dallas chasing somebody around with a plastic sickle or Rowan wearing blacklight facepaint. There's still 4 months until Spirit Halloweens start to open, I need a fix before that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

hologram bray wyatt

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

hologram bray wyatt

I'm sure that's coming and I am dreading the myriad of posts saying that it's a beautiful tribute to Bray and just what he wanted (as the hologram is used to distract Cody Rhodes so Dexter Lumis can conk him on the head with a pumpkin)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I know we're dunking on the MCU thing but i think it's worth pointing out Bully acting like the most obvious booking in the world is some kind of far off dream.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bo Dallas hasn't wrestled in five years. Who could possibly give a gently caress.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

Bo Dallas hasn't wrestled in five years. Who could possibly give a gently caress.

I think you’ll find that Uncle Howdy did a bad elbow dive into a crash pad like a year ago.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Benne posted:

Mountain Dew Pitch Black cares, as they just found their new spokesman

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

Mountain Dew Pitch Black cares, as they just found their new spooksman

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

hologram bray wyatt

They're going beat some jobber up, oh let's say "main event" Jey Uso, and then on the tron it's going to be video of bray with the "whole world in his hand" thing

WWE stans go "this is such a great tribute. It's cinema"

Next it's Uncle Howdy vs Jey in a funhouse match sponsored by Pizza Hut.

:yeshaha: I feel this in my soul

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

the mfer dont bolieve. GET HIM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A nesting doll of great accounts excited that Grok was able to do a google search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Miching Mallecho posted:

They're going beat some jobber up, oh let's say "main event" Jey Uso, and then on the tron it's going to be video of bray with the "whole world in his hand" thing

WWE stans go "this is such a great tribute. It's cinema"

Next it's Uncle Howdy vs Jey in a funhouse match sponsored by Pizza Hut.

:yeshaha: I feel this in my soul

i mean pizza hut match does sound like a good bray tribute