Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

CM punk more than anything wants to be a locker room leader like his idol, the Undertaker

The last two times he was a locker room leader:

1) he literally called himself a locker room leader and told people to clean up their trash so Booker T threw his trash on the ground in front of him
2) he told RVD “hey I’m calling a talent meeting” and RVD was like uhhhmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Go RV! posted:

imagine thinking that tony khan, the weirdo stats guy, whos first hire was a stats and econ guy, would not be elbow deep in tv numbers with 500 interlinked excel sheets of historical data

Dave points this exact thing out on this morning’s Observer Radio.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

say what you will about hogan but by wrestler standards he is very intelligent when it comes to getting people to give him money

I don’t think Hogan has had a financially successful venture in a very very long time.

There was the gawker suit but that was a slam dunk.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Mercedes isn’t a bad promo per se but every word of every sentence and every movement she does all feel choreographed and rehearsed and it is too noticeable and it kinda takes me out of it.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Drakkel posted:

I am begging this people to please describe what "Psychology" means in wrestling without just saying "They move really slow" or "They work the leg"

Ring psychology is a made up term made up by wrestlers who wanna act like they know what real pro wrestling is.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Social media revealed there’s lots of stupid people out there

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Why do I read this thread? The tweets posted infuriate me. There’s nothing forcing me to read this thread and all the tweets. Yet I do anyway. Why am I so stupid?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think a majority of modern North American wrestling promotions that have been on TV were at one point or another a gift from the bookers parents. At least 3 which is a lot

Including WWE btw. Vince “bought” it for a steal.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Circling back to the whole “:saddowns: AEW has wrestler run ins and I don’t know who they are! :saddowns:” thing:

I know Jack squat about Mina Shirakawa. All I know is she’s in Stardom and she’s popular. When she did the run in on Dynamite, I didn’t complain about who she was, I said “hey. She looks cool. I wanna see more of her.”

Done. That’s it. Why can’t people do that?

And now I’m watching Windy City Riot and I am seeing Alex Windsor for the first time. I have no idea who she is. But she looks cool. And I’d like to see more of her. It’s not complicated.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Not only that but…look, you’ll figure out who everyone is eventually. Relax.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I remember trying to get my WWE fan brother-in-law to watch AEW and he said “I tried and turned it off after 30 minutes because I didn’t know who anyone was” and I was like yeah no poo poo you didn’t know who anyone was, it’s your first time watching a new product, what did you think you’d know??

He didn’t bash AEW by the way, he thought what he saw looked cool, it was just a baffling reason to turn it off to me.

a dumb moron fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 13, 2024

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
It doesn’t always work mind you. I’m watching Windy City Riot’s tag team 4-way and eh I only know half of these people and eh I don’t care

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Tampa Bae posted:

wwe fans are conditioned into thinking that nothing a wrestler does outside of the WWE matters or is important. There are probably tons of WWE fans who say Giulia is one of the greatest women wrestlers of all time now specifically because she picked to sign with WWE, even if they hadn't heard her name before signing.

Which is stupid because if nothing Giulia did before she signed with WWE matters, then why is it good that she signed?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

This angle is so bad you can barely see Lashley. I was wondering why they were doing such a weird looking superplex when I saw this on my feed.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1778943848984527063

Off topic but it’s wild to me that Lashley went from WWE Champion to midcard in multiman matches. I guess he’s not a Paul Levesque guy? Or is his body breaking down?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Jonny Nox posted:

who is Tama Tonga?

Haku’s son who’s been at NJPW for a long time but recently signed with WWE

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

JUNGLE BOY posted:

not sure, waiting for a video package hopefully next friday

Yeah how come no one online complained about who Tama Tonga was? There was no video package so how did they know who he was? I’m starting to think fedbrains are in bad faith!

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Jonny Nox posted:

he's clearly an Anoa'i because he's Samoan and was inducted into the bloodline.

Typical AEW fan, can't understand cinema

I own a Fellini box set I understand cinema just fine :colbert:

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

The_Rob posted:

https://x.com/lifer_wwe/status/1779311431004930389?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

He keeps saying he’s mad at how the chops look, but like that’s the entire point of this spot right? Shibata is telling him hit me harder because your chops suck.

I hate AEW and their wrestlers are bad! ***watches AEW***

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

How does Haku and Andre not count? Weren’t they tag team champions?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

I want to know how Giant Baba doesn't count.

Oh I think we can figure out why

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

I like how men are “guys” and women are “females”

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I genuinely hope they get like 4x what they’re getting now, if only to see the meltdowns.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

I like them fine I guess.

Always wondered how Alex Shelley flew by HHH’s radar when he was gobbling up all the indie / ROH guys.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

I’m gonna post a hot take here:

He’s a carny and a grifter. What else can he do? He is of no value to any territory, he doesn’t sell tickets, he has never been a part of an angle where he was the money drawing driving force, and no one is clamoring to see him. What else can a man who only knows how to grift and work heel do but be a dope on Twitter?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

The snob knows why WWE is better than AEW but he cannot express it in a way the AEWailures will understand.
https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1782213074734223619

Ya know for people who hate AEW they sure go out of their way to watch the weekly shows and PPVs a lot

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Yeah that’s the stuff

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I, a dumb moron, can’t stand awful Twitter takes. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to check out the new posts in the Jase Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: your a dipship

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

post hole digger posted:

It rules that Toni might be one of the top fed haters on the roster

Part of me thinks her gimmick is purposely very sports-entertainy to show she doesn’t need them. And that she’s so over has to be so satisfying.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

Seeing someone praise this finish made me think "Vince Russo deserves his flowers."

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1782927016939106321

Two things:

1) the woman who did the 450 has real "We have Rhea Ripley at home" energy.

2) Who's the dope that decided a heel Rok-C was a good idea?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

super macho dude posted:

2) It's really bad and even worse than the Cora Jade heel turn AND her mic skills have turned into complete dogshit as well. She was never tops on the mic but at least she had some awkward babyface energy when she spoke.

She has a Willow vibe to her where she looks like a natural babyface.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Elephant Ambush posted:

So AEW is doing things that the WWE has been doing for 40+ years and they all want AEW to be more like WWE but then this happens and it's bad for some reason

Also I don't even see that segment as being "like WWE". WWE isn't the only company to do stuff like that

Mid South very famously had the midnight express and Jim Cornette take out Bill Watts

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

Can’t wait to hear from cornette why that is different

Usually one of two things will happen:

1) Cornette won’t be able to articulate why he hates it so he’ll say something vague like “they did too much” or something.

2) Cornette will say he loved it and this is gonna be hot, and that’s just a cover for when no matter what they do next week he will say they ruined it and now it’s bad.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1783270493157458255?t=fuzhP7TbUQuykiKa5a_xUg&s=19

Bully Ray doesn't like it when the crowd are going hot as gently caress for a great match.

I mean the tweet is incorrect because he clearly said the match was fantastic and he could’ve left it at that but then he said one of the stupidest things ever.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Jeez Jim Valley you’re such a swell guy what are you doing

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Jesus tap dancing Christ where do I begin with this

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

coconono posted:

Conrad did a solid for Ric Flair and got him access to be the financial planner for a lot of old timers. Also he married into Flair’s family.

Is he good at that? Not sure I’d wanna trust a financial planner endorsed by Ric Flair.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

PROTECT KAYFABE!

No not like that!

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

lol he is so loving mad Tony didn’t give him a job

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Weren’t there like 10 executives named in the lawsuit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

You are not allowed to print that Eric Bischoff is mad in the newspaper

Eric Bischoff is not mad and you cannot say that he is mad

…wasn’t Bischoff a source of Dave’s well into his time as Raw GM?