Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

the whole dick and sold it. I had to buy it back from a guy that was convinced it was a broken toaster. 20 bucks, wtf.

You probably could've talked him down to seventeen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Once upon a time, ROH were the gold standard in US wrestling for how to book your world champion.

Once they get them on. They killed Tyler Black and Dalton Castle by loving up their chases.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

which wrestler is Cornette getting to? Pretty much everyone goes to great lengths to ignore him. Fans, on the other hand...

You could argue G-Raver, but Cornette said he wished he had died, so go G-Raver go.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Me, an indy wrestler, who probably has to listen to a lot of indie commentators, turning on NJ for the first time at WK: these guys are bad, actually

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

jesus WEP posted:

They use Marko pretty much perfectly. He can be a useful part of a trio, but he’s always gonna be a jobber in televised singles matches, outwith the occasional upset

perfectly stated - you've got Jungle Boy right there who is also "smaller" and just better at literally everything Stunt does, save "how far can you get thrown"

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Chris Cruise is a 61 year old white man in 2020, he absolutely can be that gullible, I would not bet against it for any thing.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oh but seriously I posted:

AEW should get a robot

He's taking the robot out of the remaster because he is a coward.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Aliestar Black has been off TV because he's being punished for his wife getting fired for not turning her social media accounts of to WWE

I had no idea they were married. Blessed.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

History Comes Inside! posted:

How long until the next American public holiday

Labor Day at the beginning of September. All Out weekend.

Cody's going to put together a union!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DLC Inc posted:

I forgot who said it but in response to Al Snow remarking something about "it only matters how much money you draw" some wrestler basically said "so that means you're a loving failure huh" lol

https://twitter.com/wsbfun/status/1257984200327811073

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mike Kurtz liked both and then we got COVID. Just saying.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ibexaz posted:

I forgot Tyler Bate existed until this conversation

Yeah, at least I'd seen that Pete Dunne was still kicking around.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Seams posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1x0_pVaBQ

keep watching til the end for a surprise!

Thinking about the downfall of NXT and man, you've got Juice Robinson RIGHT THERE and you gently caress it up!!! Maybe Trips was never good.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

god, remember Dominic Dijakovic?

me, having literally seen him wrestle several times: no

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Forbes is basically a blogspot/substack at this point, and should not be used as an actual source for anything other than bad takes.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Cougar Town Championship

Penny Can to decide the no. 1 contender.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

IGgy IGsen posted:

May Bron Breakker be their new messiah. ESPECIALLY when he suddenly starts talking like his father and his uncle.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

"Nosawa, Takayama, Kenta and Shibata sitting through a 20 minute match between Curtis Axel and The Miz in 2013"

Shibata is disgusted by this. He is correct.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Seth's cash-in is arguably the most memorable thing about the whole feud timeline whatever

Yeah that cash-in is probably the last thing in WWE that made me sit up and be interested.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Between Taichi is a nerd and King Diamond has a bad voice, SA is just full of bad opinions

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I couldn't care less about the WWE-whitewashing, the Rumble win was in 92!!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

History Comes Inside! posted:

Well now I just wanna see someone book a wrestling show with a nonlinear narrative

Did you say you wanted things that happens in a comic? To crib from Reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/57yjmb/chikara_time_travel_story/d8w4grt ), Archibald Evans did a multiyear gimmick where Eddie Kingston's Backfist To The Future unstuck him from time several times.

quote:

Reposting my original comment trying to track everything, with a few clean ups and extra info:

The Archie time-line (to the best of my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong):

March 2011: Archibald Peck makes his Chikara debut, loses to Eddie Kingston. He gets backfisted to the future...

December 2015: ...where he gets the 2015 Chikara Yearbook from Mike Quackenbush. In it, he learns to challenge Colt Cabana in...

April 2011: ...and defeats him. He uses the yearbook to start a winning streak, but things start to go differently from the yearbook. Eventually, he changes his name to Mixed Martial Archie, and...

June 2012: ...teams with Colt Cabana against Dasher Hatfield and Mr. Touchdown in a "Loser Leaves Chikara" match. During the match, he goes backstage, where he gets backfisted to the future again by Eddie Kingston to...

1885: ...where he takes the identity of "The Mysterious and Handsome Stranger". At some point, he insults Buford Tannen, where he backfisted (again) to...

July 2012: ...as the Stranger. Here, he is eventually unmasked in December 2012, and is allowed to continue wrestling - since in his timeline, he has not yet lost the "Loser Leaves Chikara" match. He also changes his name back to Archibald Peck. Eventually...

May 2013: ...he faces Eddie Kingston for the Grand Championship. During the match, a second Archie appears in the balcony. In the ring, he leaps forward, and is hit with a backfist to the future, which...

June 2012: ...sends him back into his "Loser Leaves Chikara" match. He is pinned by Mr. Touchdown, and walks out of the ring dejected, and starts to walk all over the world. During this time, he appears or is referenced at Chikara events twice - once to see him being knocked into the future in May of 2013, and once at the temporary closing of Chikara. He eventually ends up in Parts Unknown. Then, 3.0 show up and ask him to help bring Chikara back, and...

February 2014: ...he and 3.0 show up in a DeLorean to help the Chikara wrestlers defeat the Flood and bring back Chikara. He continues to wrestle for Chikara, forming a team with Ashley Remington, until...

October 2014: ...in a brawl with the Flood, the leader, Deucalion, kills him with a chokebreaker.

EXTRA NOTE: This timeline has not yet been closed. The Archibald Peck from December 2015 has not yet been sent back to April 2011 to defeat Colt Cabana, so he could still show up at future events until the second time-travel occurs.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Reconcilation/Pennance is a whole-rear end sacrament!!!! You don't get to say six of ten hail marys and then go covet your neighbor's wife!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

Didn't Lou Thesz talk poo poo about Harley Race being too flashy?

That was Gotch: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6re22b/karl_gotch_referring_to_harley_race_as_a_clown/?rdt=40641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

he looks like a disgraced indie wrestler on his way to court to plead down sexual misconduct to child endangerment.

He does look like Jack Gallagher