Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Edit: gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

flashy_mcflash posted:

This will last about five minutes. If these guys can't post negatively about WWE or ROH it'll be pages and pages of snack discussion.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BigRed0427 posted:

If he means the Addiction, holy crap gently caress you.

Hilarious lack of understanding of why pushing WWE talent was bad when they had a roster full of amazing guys.

Also Addiction have been in the company for a year now and Christopher Daniels has been around in ROH on and off since the first show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i wonder what tnamecca would have thought of bobby dempsey in 2007

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Do they sell them now? For years you just had to bring them yourselves and then eventually the one fan who goes to every show became STREAMER GUY and just shared about 100 with fans.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

joel and mike are not stupid wrestling fan opinions tweets asylums meccas or fresh babinsacks

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what happened that they are turning on tna

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

people compare dbz and wrestling all the time

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I wanted to know when the WONHOF ballots were due and found this.

is this the same guy who had an enormous list of criticisms of dave covering the death of WCW with some reasons like "Dave said Nash was bad - but he didn't say goldberg was bad!!!"

I'm only making this connection because I'm pretty sure that guy was very pro WOLFPACK

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

pro nash/hogan/nwo politics i should have said

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I mean I think the concept of being a heel and not doing crazy spots/moves to get the crowd to pop for you is fairly simple.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Aesop Poprock posted:

And yet heels in every top indy promotion in the past 15+ years can do cool moves and still be over as heels despite it, so it's not some set in stone principle and it's retarded to act like it's even a base level thing at this point. Jack Evans was an obnoxious cockbag in Gen Next and did insane poo poo all the time and it didn't keep people from wanting to see him get his rear end beat

Not really sure why the concept of not doing crazy cool moves to outshine your babyface opponent is such a struggle here.

I know Lance says a lot of really dumb poo poo, but I think you guys are reaching here.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

All this talk reminding me of when TNA decided to put little heel AJ Styles vs. big monster babyface Abyss and it was such a stupid dynamic.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what about it

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i was confused

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

some people are adamant that this doesn't count

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 21, 2015

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also Booker T doesn't either because he was on SmackDown.

I assume the same goes for Mark, here.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You missed the most amazing tweet of the night

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

rovert posted:

Shaking hands with the Harris twins:

over/under set at 1.5 mecca fans showing up

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Mecca crew doesn't want you to remember that they blamed Spike for everything and thought DA had a bigger audience.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ew ew ew gross I couldn't stand that when thumbtack jack or whoever did it AUGH

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

look somebody having a fantasy of being forced to suck sheamus dick is not in fact a stupid fan opinion, but a creepy fan fantasy.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

RZApublican posted:

Have they ever said that Triple H's reign as the shovel king is just a ripoff of Jeff Jarrett's run in TNA? Because that seems like a train of thought that'd work here.

Willing to bet no TNAMecca type watched pre-spike.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Seriously, who wants Dean as a top babyface... in two thousand fifteen!!!!!!!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The funniest part of that is Christian was supposed to do the TNA HALL OF FAME ceremony also., and didn't do it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WrasslorMonkey posted:

We need to get back to having failed actresses rape AJ Styles

Claire Lynch was great because she quit the second her real name got out on the internet. She was so ashamed.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

move on.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

https://twitter.com/gradowrestling/status/702063383600824322

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I can't imagine unironically believing that the WWE roster is the worst it's ever been. This is the site that thought Bryan Danielson was just a catchphrase though.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/736818764080140288

lol

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Legit. Scary legit.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Mike Bennett is actually cool and has a hot wife which makes him better than you

I disagree Mike Bennett is actually bad

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Chris Regal returning from faking his own death for over a year to dunk on someone else for doing it is AMAZING.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

No seriously. I can't get over that he pretended to be dead from cancer for OVER A YEAR, and his VERY FIRST TWEET is one where he insults someone for doing the same thing.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

rovert posted:

Greg was somewhat of a thing as a podcaster 5 years ago.

I first heard who he was when he wrote an article on Dave Meltzer being an "irresponsible journalist" because he said FCW was probably ending.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

My issue with garrett is he owns way more Nintendo games than me and I’m envious.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Shine posted:

Randomly thought of this, and it's still :psyduck:.

it's so bad

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

fyre festival would be a great comparison if these wrestlers had nobody on board, had no history of putting on a wrestling show, didn't know the first thing about putting on a wrestling show, didn't have any funding for a wrestling show, couldn't get any wrestlers to come to this wrestling show, and they held it on an island where the only way to watch would be to pay thousands of dollars.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Well Kenny called me, and he said "Jericho we need you to take one big one for the team." And I said, "oh my gosh, I've been taking something for the team every day." He said "Chris, you are our wonderful, gay leader. And we need you to go down. Will you...suck...dick......to fix this rope problem." And I said "Kenny. What?" And he said "Chris. If you will go down and suck Dunn & Marcos' dick - they're the head of ring crew - and get them to give us those ring ropes. You will save AEW."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I can’t escape lanes lunch no matter where I go