Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I ordered a new phone as an early Christmas present to myself (yay, Cyber Monday!) so I'll be able to Pocket Camp with ya'll soon. Should get here next week. I'm stoked. :toot:

In the meantime, welcome all new people and thanks folks for updating the Discord channel for Pocket Camp! Ya'll are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Barnes And Body Works posted:

I swear I should probably be one of the last people to have posted this because I don't really recall if I did post my friend code, or if it was added to the spreadsheet!

But here's my friendcode! 3282-6784-3892 and my name is Jojo!

I don't think you're on the sheet! So you know, whenever.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Got back into New Leaf after Pocket Camp made me hungry for a real Animal Crossing game. Also, if anyone's got turnips, the price is pretty good here in Junction right now.

Mayor: Jup
Junction
3239-5657-4567
424 bells per turnip
Good for the next 10 hours or so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Been playing a bunch of Happy Home Designer again since it came out and I’m ready to declare it as underrated. It’s really fun designing an office building then visiting it the next day and seeing everyone working in it.:3:

I really hope an option of working for Nook’s Homes is in the next main game. Being able to do all this stuff in a mainline game would be the best.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Happy Home Designer is the best for that - I wind up spending well over an hour in there anytime I am working on a new home.

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Got back into New Leaf after Pocket Camp made me hungry for a real Animal Crossing game. Also, if anyone's got turnips, the price is pretty good here in Junction right now.

Junction
3239-5657-4567
424 bells per turnip

Added you! :v:

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Junction
3239-5657-4567
424 bells per turnip

I've added you. Hope to see you in Animalia soon

I can't find one of my snowballs. Anyone who feels called to build a snowman is welcome in Animalia. Also, Pate is in boxes. As always, feel free to harvest every single fruit tree, and any flower you find on the beach is yours.

BattyKiara fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 16, 2017

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Second holiday in row the Nooklings are going to screw me out of completing a set. I missed 1 piece of the harvest set last month and now I’m 4 pieces short on the jingle set I think :argh: They stocked the 2 holiday trees like 5 times each!

On the other hand my hoarding bells the last few months has paid off and now I only need 1 piece of the gorgeous set and the floor/walls so that’s nice.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

The Duke posted:

Second holiday in row the Nooklings are going to screw me out of completing a set. I missed 1 piece of the harvest set last month and now I’m 4 pieces short on the jingle set I think :argh: They stocked the 2 holiday trees like 5 times each!

On the other hand my hoarding bells the last few months has paid off and now I only need 1 piece of the gorgeous set and the floor/walls so that’s nice.

I'm pretty sure I've got like 16m left at least, and yeah I found the jingle set really annoying to get a hold of, I'm not even sure if I'm finished it yet.
I like that new white tree that nintendo gave out iirc, it's super nice and big!

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Like others, I have returned to New Leaf after being let down by Pocket Camp. My town is fully stocked and the only villager I didn't really like moved out, so all in all it wasn't a bad absence. If anyone wants to visit, my friend code is 1693-1834-4562.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Open doors in Animalia. I have Olivia in boxes, if you want a cool kitty. As always, feel free to help yourself to beach flowers and anything in any shop. Have fun! :)

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone wanna trade bats back and forth with me in Pocket Camp? I got so mad didn't get all the butterfly stuff!

Moose
5002 1712 850

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I might have just dropped 300 leaf tickets on Christmas Lights.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Nice! Thanks for the reminder to go spruce up the campsite. :tipshat:

blaarghh
Nov 28, 2007

I added everyone on the spreadsheet. My friend code is 0533 9891 8241 and my name is Flo. I wanna visit some other towns!

blaarghh fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 24, 2018

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I added you :) I still host 24/7 except for when I'm resetting for a shiny Celebi in Crystal

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
You will be added as soon as I get home from work. Hope to see you in Animalia soon :D Everyone is welcome!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

blaarghh posted:

I added everyone on the spreadsheet. My friend code is 0553 9891 8241 and my name is Flo. I wanna visit some other towns!

Says your code is incorrect?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/huntychan/status/988321119055892481?s=21

blaarghh
Nov 28, 2007

BattyKiara posted:

Says your code is incorrect?

Ewww I’m so dumb, sorry!!! It’s 0533 9891 8241 :doh:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm going to call bullshit since we all know Booker is a Libertarian and Isabelle is secretly setting up a monarchy.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

blaarghh posted:

Ewww I’m so dumb, sorry!!! It’s 0533 9891 8241 :doh:

You have been added, hope to see you in Animalia soon! Everyone is always welcome there :)

blaarghh
Nov 28, 2007

BattyKiara posted:

You have been added, hope to see you in Animalia soon! Everyone is always welcome there :)

Yay thank you! Can’t wait to visit :woop:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Could someone explain why this is happening? I'm trying to plant a bush maze with some trees in it, and I've planned everything out in Excel so that there's never more than 12 plants in a row, but some bushes aren't growing anyway.

Why does this work...

...but this kills the bushes?

I can provide screenshots of that Excel file if it'd help!

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I looked around, and it seems that this person had the same thing happen to them:

quote:

Annoyingly, one of my bushes died, even though it didn’t break any of the “rules.” So I guess this might either be a dreaded dead spot (I was hopeful they were gone in New Leaf…?), or it might be that it was smothered by the fully-grown bushes on either side. I read someone speculate that it’s best to plant a row of bushes one bush at a time, and in a linear order, for this reason. I didn’t do that; I planted a new bush start between two fully-grown bushes, so maybe that’s why it died.

Link to their blog post: https://aforestlife.com/2013/09/13/perfect-town-finally/

Another discussion on GameFaqs was regarding a very similar issue (bushes can grow horizontally, but not vertically): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/68739455

The wiki was not much help beyond the 'don't connect more than 12' diagram. Are dead spots a thing in this game?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Did Nintendo add a rule about bush density with Welcome Amiibo or something? Now some bushes won't grow even completely separate from the trees.

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 21, 2018

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
I don't think this was a Welcome Amiibo update. In New Leaf, as (maybe?) in older versions, I think there's a maximum number of bushes within any 5x5 or 7x7 area. I don't remember the exact limits or area, though, it's hard to find the source.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Interesting, hopefully I'm not pushing that? My friend claims the issue is that the bushes are boxed in, and I should be planting them all from the top to bottom. Which means undoing quite a bit of progress... wish I could buy more than 2 bushes a today lol

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Animalia has open doors today. As always, feel free to harvest any tree, dig up all the fossils, shop anywhere, and help yourself to beach flowers. ONLY the beach flowers, OK? Welcome, and have fun! :)

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

thanks again for the beach flowers

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Interesting, hopefully I'm not pushing that? My friend claims the issue is that the bushes are boxed in, and I should be planting them all from the top to bottom. Which means undoing quite a bit of progress... wish I could buy more than 2 bushes a today lol

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Bush

I'm not sure how accurate this specifically is, but the AC wiki has been more or less accurate anytime that I've ended up needing to reference it. Basically, bushes and trees (and stumps and saplings) can't grow in connected bunched of more than 12 in a row.

Also, I think (in previous AC games at least) there were certain tiles in your town where trees were just unable to grow on unless you manually placed a fully grown tree there through homebrew stuff. It was definitely an issue in City Folk for Wii, at least. It's possible that maybe this is true in NL and applies to bushes as well?

As to why those two aren't working, no idea. They aren't connected to anything else, so that limit of 12 shouldn't be the issue. Maybe they did add something to do with bush/tree density limits.

Circle Nine fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 31, 2018

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
accidentally posted this in the mobile thread, but:

If anyone has a turnip price which is not total garbage and can have me visit your town in the next few hours you will save my life.
Name your price for this service, I'm just looking to not lose like 300,000-600,000 bells.

FC: 3196-8691-9426

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

if you're still desperate my Retail is open for another hour and paying 85 per turnip
2294-6273-4972
If you don't make it in time I can just give you a million bells :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is using action reply or save hacks still the only way to get the rarer NES games in the original Animal Crossing on GameCube? No one has found out how to get Zelda from entering codes at Nooks yet?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 8, 2018

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
I had like 133 or something for turnip prices earlier this morning.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is using action reply or save hacks still the only way to get the rarer NES games in the original Animal Crossing on GameCube? No one has found out how to get Zelda from entering codes at Nooks yet?
As far as I know from 3-4 years ago when I last looked into it, yes. I just used a hacked save file off of GameFAQs loaded up onto a second memory card, and then visited that town and took them for my real GCN file.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I have Brighton's gates open and Cashmere's RV in the camp, in case anyone needs her kitchen furniture. Hybrids on the southern beach are up for grabs!

Friend Code: 0559-8132-9431

I'll be around watering the village (and making lunch while waiting for the Bethesda presentation).

Update: Closing the gates for now, but if you guys need me to re-open them, please let me know. I'll be on Discord chat as well if you need me. :tipshat:

Artsygrrl fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 11, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Why didn't we get a new animal crossing :(

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Agoat posted:

Why didn't we get a new animal crossing :(

gotta milk that mobile money

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

i will destroy you, animal crossing: pocket camp

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I bet it’ll come next year. They better add a lot with such a long wait from New Leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I bet it’ll come next year. They better add a lot with such a long wait from New Leaf.

Isn't that what we said last year? :negative:

Decided to fix my 3DS tonight and start up Town #3. After playing ACPC I forgot how nice a proper Animal Crossing game feels. :3:

• Locked thread