Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

E3 is a poor place to show off a life sim game like Animal Crossing anyway. With Animal Crossing, you need to spend a few hours a day every day to get the most enjoyment out of it. You can't get a full AC experience in 10 minutes at a crowded booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
https://twitter.com/belodyepic/status/1010642348013965313

What's so wrong about getting free clothing?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Open day in Animalia.
Gloria is in boxes, if you want a duck.
Help yourself to beach flowers. But ONLY beach flowers. Leave my other flowers and stumps alone.

Also, can someone tell me what my town is missing? I keep getting so-so ratings.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/mcclure111/status/1017469419696472064?s=21
Apparently the generic NES item in the original Animal Crossing has some functionality that people are only now discovering.:eyepop:

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Out of curiosity, where's the best starting point for someone brand-new to the series? Should I just jump into New Leaf since it's the newest?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Omi no Kami posted:

Out of curiosity, where's the best starting point for someone brand-new to the series? Should I just jump into New Leaf since it's the newest?

Pretty much. There's not a lot of reason to revisit older games unless you're curious about the progression of the franchise, New Leaf is the best and the newest

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

didnt think some amiibo cards would be over 2 dollars but apparently people love some animals so much, its gonna cost me anywhere from like 7 to 14 dollars each for specific ones.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dizz posted:

didnt think some amiibo cards would be over 2 dollars but apparently people love some animals so much, its gonna cost me anywhere from like 7 to 14 dollars each for specific ones.

Yeah it was easier back when packs of cards were still plentiful on store shelves..but now that they're sold out in a lot of places the prices have been slowing climbing.

I suggest checking Etsy as well as ebay; some people are selling singles over there; or if you don't care about the official card you can get a custom card or token made up

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

jivjov posted:

Yeah it was easier back when packs of cards were still plentiful on store shelves..but now that they're sold out in a lot of places the prices have been slowing climbing.

I suggest checking Etsy as well as ebay; some people are selling singles over there; or if you don't care about the official card you can get a custom card or token made up

Yeah I'm trying to get official cards, also while they're sold out in many places you can still order them straight from the nintendo site with a bit of a struggle.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Not any better if you're broke. I have a bunch of duplicate cards to trade away, but the thread for trading Amiibo cards is so old that I'd rather not get busted for attempted thread necromancy.:zombie:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Artsygrrl posted:

Not any better if you're broke. I have a bunch of duplicate cards to trade away, but the thread for trading Amiibo cards is so old that I'd rather not get busted for attempted thread necromancy.:zombie:

As long as you're using it for its intended purpose I don't think you'd get in any trouble over it

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Last post in that thread was January 2017. Hmmm...

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Omi no Kami posted:

Yes, get New Leaf. Join us! Animalia wants more visitors :)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Artsygrrl posted:

I actually wanted to do the same since I'd rather associate with goons over some random ebay seller who might sell me a fake, but it was old and dead so I assumed goons didn't trade/sell amiibos often

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

If the amiibo trade/sell thread gets reopened, I have several duplicate cards I’m looking to get rid of as well, so you’d have at least one more person posting in it

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1023608451652616192

Supposedly his tenure was over, but it's still kinda worrying since they haven't even hinted at a new AC game, especially since pocket camp is still probably making them money.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
From what I remember they weren't making much on Pocket Camp. Although that news came out pre-fortune cookies, maybe the gacha turned things around

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There’s no way a new mainline AC isn’t coming for Switch eventually. It’s one of Nintendo’s top franchises now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'd be pissed if all they did was port Pocket Camp to the switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d be happy if it was just like a Wild World-City Folk type sequel but my dream is for the game to look more like the Animal Crossing course in Mario Kart 8 with full camera control.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

seriously just make animal crossing battle royale and you'd make so much bank. make it compatable with amiibos and you can play as that villager.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Dizz posted:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1023608451652616192

Supposedly his tenure was over, but it's still kinda worrying since they haven't even hinted at a new AC game, especially since pocket camp is still probably making them money.

I seriously doubt this would have any real impact on the series' future or any planned projects they had.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/montaworldpeace/status/1033411298581782529?s=21

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
That is cute, and good.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.weasyl.com/~matt/submissions/1674456/kk-africa And the download for those who don't look at tweets.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I guess I'm buying a Switch, huh.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

We're home, fellas.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let Isabelle gently caress 2k18.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder if we’ll be able to transfer anything from New Leaf and/or Pocket Camp. I liked that City Folk had an option like that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For those who missed them in the Direct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqa43OAR0Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijp5FeOE_Yw

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder if we’ll be able to transfer anything from New Leaf and/or Pocket Camp. I liked that City Folk had an option like that.

I really hope the Amiibo cards work in the new one. I have all these cards so I can have my friends with me and I'd love to be able to slap 'em down and say hi to my buddies again.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

FINALLY!

I hope the new game has some serious online integration, like an online city hub or being able to share a village with friends or something

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Good online integration would be good, considering the online service won't be free. Pattern marketplaces would also be nice. And while we're at it... better pattern management, maybe even road design and organization? Who knows what they'll think of!

What I'm wondering is what the "new" thing will be, like Nintendo always has for sequels.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Open door day in Animalia. Canberra the koala is in boxes. Feel free to harvest every tree, dig up every fossil, shop anywhere, and the beach flowers are yours. Just please leave my other flowers alone. Everyone welcome. Have fun! :)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I really hope the Amiibo cards work in the new one. I have all these cards so I can have my friends with me and I'd love to be able to slap 'em down and say hi to my buddies again.

They would be stupid to not let amiibo cards work in the new game.

I'm actually trying to finish my series 1 set fast so i can just buy 2-3-4 sets complete on ebay. gently caress buying individual cards.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

On the other hand, it would be weird to bring in all my pals from New Leaf and not have them remember me

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

jivjov posted:

On the other hand, it would be weird to bring in all my pals from New Leaf and not have them remember me

Well, presumably you won't be the same character in New Leaf and Switch Crossing. Unless they lean really hard into the meme and have the Mayor gently caress off to a new town while leaving Isabelle behind to run the old one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Isabelle runs away to a new town only to get stuck working under yet another incompetent mayor.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

elf help book posted:

Isabelle runs away to a new town only to get stuck working under yet another incompetent mayor.

Poor girl will never fully escape the effects of Stockholm Syndrome.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Isabelle is rude now and that will carry over to the new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
If you take too long in gathering bells for town projects, Isabelle busts out her Motivator and starts knocking on doors.

Don't gently caress with Isabelle!

• Locked thread