Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
So I've just shattered the screen on my Lumia 1020 and am looking at the 640- would the 640 be any faster given it's a newer phone or would I be better off getting a 735?

Also does anyone know if new windows phones still come with free mix radio and here maps? I've found both very useful over the years.

Sri.Theo fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
There's a new app in the store called app in the air which is great for tracking flights- still no official boarding pass apps though.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

hotsauce posted:

Link? I fly a ton and a search for "air" of course brings up a bevy of junk...

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=2642dc62-42fa-47e5-b87e-898c29b7255e

It's actually called "app in the air" if you search for that. It's very nice but I have just discovered that it's very expensive for push notifications.

Normal local ones work fine though.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is there a twitter app that will automatically auto upload and link photos you select?

I just want to make a post and attach a photo without fuss.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Mix radio is still working for me as of right now. Don't think you'll get anything else that is ad free and no cost. How would they make money?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Had there been any more word on a release date for w10? I really want the upgraded Office so its actually useful.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
So for unlocked unbranded phones when will we see the update?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I just downloaded the upgrade app and it immediately updated my phone. So that's nice. W10 looks pretty good.

Less nice is that I seem to be unable to connect my outlook account to my phone. :psyduck: Gmail worked fine, but it's refusing to set up outlook.

I'm still getting "we're working with your phone manufacturer and network operator", nothing when I check phone update either. Despite it being a unlocked Lumia 735. Is this a country by country roll out as I'm in the UK?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Zephirus posted:

I get the same on my unbranded 640XL in the UK, so I expect so.

Although it seems unlikely the Netherlands would get a release and not the UK.

There's no further information I can find about release dates for unlocked phones. Just got to wait and see :(

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
If I'm enrolled in the 'preview for developers' will I receive the W10 update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is it possible to sync text messages via SKype from a windows phone to an iPad yet?