Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd like this screenshot to be in the new thread too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

Yeah, yeah, high heels are totally impractical.

Counter-point: You know who else went into battle wearing high heels?

Countercounterpoint:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, what the gently caress would an Academy Award winning director do in a fighting game anyway?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spectacle Rock posted:

If you are a fan of Nintendo, you know who ROB was. Even if you never owned a ROB, you just know.

Nintendo fans automatically know this stuff: Mario, Virtual Boy, Earthbound, Konami Code, ROB, Zapper, Super Scope, etc...

With the Internet and stuff like AVGN there's no excuse. If you were born on or before 1986 you have doubly no excuse (you lived it drat it!)

Unless you're not American.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I remember Golden Sun coming out back when I was really into JRPGs for some reason and even then I thought it was the blandest stuff you could find. I left the first town and never got any further. I think the only reason it got any kind of traction was because it was (sort of) 3D on the game boy advance.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

madeupfred posted:

Smash Bros. Eat the Eggs

Smash 4 Gold

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Geostomp posted:

It's really not that different from how well the connection usually went for this game.

I never managed to play a single game of Brawl online. I was stuck on that loading stage with the sandbag forever.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

Did you ever try past the first few weeks? It was really bad when there was a massive load, but after a while it got pretty decent. It was still kinda rear end, since 2 minute anonymous games are pretty boring, but you could find a match with no real trouble.

Yep, I've tried plenty of times over the years on the off chance that it might work that time but it was always just me and the sandbag.

vvv I moved house and changed routers a few times during that time and to this day I have no idea what the cause was. Other online Nintendo games worked fine, I played a shitload of Mario Kart Wii, it was literally just Brawl that didn't connect. vvv

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 20, 2014

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

Why would "Colors" have a separate menu?

Because racism isn't dead.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm holding out for Death Egg from S3&K with the gigantic Egg Robot in the background trying to squash you with its metal fingers and shooting fire at you from its nose.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That scarf is awful.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sakurai is holding his arm kind of awkward. :ohdear:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I could beat up all these nerds.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Pac Man, Mr. Game & Watch is back.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
so out of interest, which smash bros. vets are still mia? captain falcon, ness, lucas, ice climbers, snake anyone else?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

That stage would make a great level though.

According to the book "Console Wars" SOA hated the name Eggman but SOJ disagreed and they ended up with two different names. They also fought over the name "Miles Prowler" with the development team (which had moved to the united states for sonic 2) until they compromised on the nickname Tails. Some guy at SOA even had to write a moving short story about how Sonic gave Miles the nickname Tails which apparently moved at least one guy in development to tears.

To put this in some perpsective Sonic was originally supposed to be a fanged punk rocker with a human girlfriend when he was first conceived until SOA stepped in.

Goonsay I know, but it's Miles Prower, as in miles per hour, not Miles Prowler, as in a stalker who terrorises neighbourhoods.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dancing Mog, or failing that, Mimic Bartz please.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In our glorious summer, gamers will be hung from each lamppost by their scarves.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do hope we get some sort of Super Smash Kart at some point. You'd have obvious choices like Captain Falcon in the Blue Falcon and Samus in her gunship, but then you have to figure out some more esoteric choices. Sonic on foot? Snake trying to cling to the top of a Metal Gear GEKKO? Link on some sort of Robo-Epona jet bike?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bomberman you say?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wonder how he feels about Diddy Kong, a character created in Britain.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:siren: TRAILER LEAKED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVGzXn9MX5Y

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Captain Falcon has an update page after showing up in a new character trailer, but Mr. Game & Watch still doesn't...

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

Maybe, but I doubt we'll get different body sizes for them. But maybe they'll surprise me, I want my daughter and mother tag team.

:3:

Probably for the best that doesn't happen, otherwise every match against Samus will end with her cornering Robin and asking questions about The Baby.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aurain posted:

Likes beer, is cool, won world cup?

My kind of guy.

Has been known to use gas to exterminate enemies.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

Shovel Knight digs foes' graves!

Shovel Knight strikes the earth!

He would actually be a rad choice for Smash 5 and I expect I'll be excited for him in 2020 or thereabouts.

Other characters I'd like to see in Smash 5: Squid Girl, Rayman.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Snake will be revealed on release day, with a short youtube clip of him popping out of a box and saying "Kept you waiting, huh?"

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

druesnant posted:

Critiques become however worthless when it's just about "that character is sexist because of X" (and anything judgemental/imposing your personal agenda) or when they do not offer any legit alternatives/solutions to the artist.

"hey this scene where the main character blacks up and says to kill all jews is pretty racist"

"well i don't hear you coming up with any alternatives, what a worthless critique"

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

He found the boss music in Metal Gear Revengeance bad enough to turn it off.

Irony posting is over, we need to find this man and hang him.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
how do i unlock birthday suit samus?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

No sorry, that's Super Paper Mario. Sticker Star was somewhat salvageable and nowhere near as bad as SPM.

Cool to see a Paper Mario stage nonetheless, though!

sticker star was a gently caress awful game with no companions, no reason to do battles because there was no levelling mechanic, and no charm

super paper mario had its problems but at least it tried to be fun

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

What's Nintendo's greatest shame cause I can think of a few.

we've been over this, paper mario sticker star

nah seriously though it's other m

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ridley's not going to be in the game because he's too busy appearing as a downloadable character in mario kart 8

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
dk! donkey kong!

anyone who thinks dk has a bad final smash is a white boy with no rhythm

edit: maybe sonic if he's been buffed

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 31, 2014

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

King Dedede still in SSS Rank expression tier.

i think sonic's just broken his ankle

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the show would be ruined when it gets retooled into samus, mother brain & The Baby

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

I believe all leaks hold a semblance of truth

with the known frailties of human perception, can there ever be a "true" list? the actual roster of super smash bros 4 is whatever you believe it to be

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
in the run up to smash bros 5, this thread will be linked to and made fun of as the discussion those future assholes are having goes down in flames

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hobo Siege posted:

Wario's Down+B has him fart out an item. It could be a pancake platter! It could be a beam sword! It could even be a smash ball!

i'm pretty sure if you fart and an item comes out, that's actually called taking a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

robot roll call posted:

Because the 3DS version is going to sell orders of magnitude better than the Wii U version

i suspect ice climbers are out because a) rosalina took their gimmick b) duck hunt is now the rep for misc. nes games and c) they're not all that popular comparitively

• Locked thread