Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Just give me back Snake and this will be the perfect fighting game and I can die a happy man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Can Sakurai host all the Directs from now on? He's way funnier than Iwata.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Kirby Air Ride is the only racing game I have ever felt any lasting fondness for and City Trial is about 99% of the reason why. That mode was a masterstroke.

The other 1% was farting around in Top Ride.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

You joke, but I would play the poo poo out of a character that was a random generic enemy character every time you got knocked off. Sometimes you get Goomba and die in one jump, but sometimes you get to be a Iron Knuckle and murder the hell out of people.

Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble had a playable character that was the series's stupid generic mooks unleashing ridiculous kung fu and explosions and stuff. It was probably one of the best parts of the game, at least for me.

I'm just saying I would be totally behind this idea.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are any of these games other then the original games any good?

I honestly really enjoyed Pac-Man World 2. It was a pretty fun game, even if the red ghost was a massive prick of a boss.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Endorph posted:

Because that poo poo was hilarious.

*two robots run into eachother for five minutes*
*they both get beaten into paste by that one cleaner bot with the hammer*

My favorite was Ziggo, the one that spun so fast that literally touching it blew the other robit to pieces

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Quest For Glory II posted:

At the end of the day ZSS is taking up a slot that could've gone to another character.

Now there's a lot of complaints people can and are making about this that are perfectly valid, but this is just silly. Removing ZSS from the game wouldn't mean Pac-Man could get in, it would mean the game had one less character.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So, honest question: Why do people seem to dislike the Subspace Emissary so much? I thought it was pretty good fun, myself.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

GenericMartini posted:

I really loved the collecting the trophies part especially because the end game could just be Kirby, Luigi, Dedede, Ness, and Sonic.

And Bowser.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh cool, Ike! I liked playing as Ike. I like Ike.

now please give me snake :negative:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
No Smash Bros game has ever had the character spaces there at all before the characters were unlocked, so I'm pretty sure that's fake

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That is so comically fake I cannot even believe it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is the only confirmed true leak

Well now I'm gonna be sad when this isn't true.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Makes sense: Starfy fits the same niche as Kirby with less interesting gameplay.

And with shittier boss music.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
he will yell OUI because he is a French

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ImpAtom posted:

The side effect of "Link + female sidekick" being the norm is that there is a much much larger cast of major female characters in Zelda games. The most memorable dudes are like, Groose and Tingle.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

uh do the Contra dudes have names.

Bill Rizer and Lance Bean.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

the dude from Hotel Dusk that says "that's a trip, man"

drat now I legitimately want to play as Louie DeNonno in Smash Bros and it'll never happen.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Clearly the upcoming trailer this Monday will be the most hype, because it'll use this music.

I have this bet going with my 10-year-old brother who hates Xenoblade for some reason I can't fathom. If Shulk gets into Smash Bros, then he can't watch his favorite anime for a month, but if Shulk doesn't get into Smash Bros, then I have to watch his favorite anime with him for a month.

Basically what I'm saying is that I would be hype as poo poo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dare I ask what show he's going to force you to watch if you lose?

78 episodes' worth of Sgt. Frog, or somewhere thereabouts.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Butt Ghost posted:

Does your brother watch Jojo?

No, and it's a particular point of shame for me.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Get your little brother into JoJo.

Okay.

Edit: It's probably an important point to note that I'll also have to be watching them in his video game basement lair. Said video game basement lair is also where our two cats live. I am allergic to cats.

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 13, 2014

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I am glad to see Captain Falcon and also enjoy Lucina and Robin. Yes. All are good characters that I will probably play as at least one time.

Really at this point they'd just need to announce Bandana Waddle Dee for me to be 200% sold on the game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Anime owns.

Edit: Ryuko Matoi cuts her way in!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So what if next trailer Meta Knight shows up on his Halberd and Waddle Dee is there because he's on the Halberd and it's like WADDLE DEE POKES UP A STORM and then it seems like they're gonna go into a crazy space battle with someone and then it's the Lor Starcutter and then

MAGOLOR CUTS SOME STARS

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
But seriously give me more Kirby characters. I just want a Kirby fighting game. And not that lame-o Kirby Fighters poo poo, I mean I want to play as Kine the Sunfish and use my awesome lightbulb powers to kick rear end.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Leadthumb posted:

I would love to play a game where you get to be that pincher beetle guy that gives kirby suplex power.

gently caress yeah Buggsy. Let me play as Buggsy. And also Bonkers

Bonkers for Brawl

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Caius Ballad eliminates the paradoxes!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Reyn thinks you're a bunch of jokers!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Jigglypuff owns. Also owns: ROB.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Water-Raccoon posted:

Disclaimer: I like Jigglypuff and support her inclusion in all Smash games.

Jigglypuff is a 'cutsie' pokemon that while at the beginning of the series enjoyed a fair amount of prominence and popularity, has lost a lot of her luster and many players have lost their patience with her(including many who played Mewtwo). Combine this with her lackluster performance in Brawl and there were questions rising about why Jigglypuff should even show up next time. The only relevance she has is the fact that she got retyped to Fairy and picked up one or two moves from the deal. That's it. Meanwhile, Mewtwo's sporting a new pair of Mega Evos, new typing on said Evos, and newfound prominence not only in Pokemon Origins but also X/Y itself as an optional boss capture. So a lot of people were saying that Mewtwo would be replacing Jiggly in this(which I would be aghast at, I am not a Mewtwo fan in the least). I dunno if the Original 12 theory is anything to consider around here but the leak did insinuate it was worth something by having Ness beat out Lucas. Now it's up in the air, and that makes me rather anxious, to say the least, considering she and Ness were what got me huge into Smash in the 64 era.

Remember that 10-year-old brother I mentioned a while ago? His favorite Smash Bros character is Jigglypuff.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nobody cares about Mega Charizard Y because it is not Charizard summoning the power of the Hasatan.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, I keep getting weirded out by people talking about Shulk because I had no idea who that was until I looked it up the other day, and until I did I'd been wondering why people seriously thought She-Hulk was going to be in Smash Bros.

Never heard that one before. :geno:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ImpAtom posted:

It is worth pointing out that Fire Emblem Awakening sold better on its own than both of Ike's games combined.

Owain needs no aid!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Waffleman_ posted:

I wrote my senior thesis about the Subspace Emissary.

So did this guy

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Endorph posted:

The 'get money back to pay your debt' part was hilarious because of how many people seriously ran on that hamster wheel for ten hours.

Wait, people actually did that?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Level Slide posted:

I'd legitimately watch a Smash anime. Little vignettes of the cast hanging out with each other followed by a five minute segment of actual Smashing. Maybe a thing during or after the credits where obscure details of the actual game are pointed out.

Get the Nichijou writers in for this, obviously

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
God drat am I gonna have to main Bowser now.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bowser for best character

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

First Date Sex?

Famicom Disc System.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU