Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

How Rude posted:

Glad to see that they are embracing both kinds of players. Different Final Destination skins is the best thing ever for it. :)

Having a variety of FD is nice but i'm pretty disappointed Battlefield-type stages aren't included in Pro-mode.

Countblanc posted:

Evidently the japanese smash tournament scene pretty exclusively plays on FD, and Nintendo loves the poo poo out of Japan, so it isn't likely to happen.

:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Countblanc posted:

Counterpicking isn't really a thing in random matchmaking typically, since you rarely know who someone is going to pick before the game starts and there almost certainly won't be a rematch function for random play.

I'm expecting a lot of people that use projectiles and not so many Bowser-esques

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

:rolleyes:
Why even put in the feature if they couldn't balance around it at all? It's just kind of ridiculous.

Because Sakurai's brain will explode and then we won't have any smash bros :(

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space T Rex posted:

So I know that your online rank is equivalent to how many people you've bested, but is that all there is to it? Just +1 per win? Or we we think it will also -1 for a loss? And someone was complaining that there seems to be no way to control how many people per match, are we just assuming that because all the matches showed 4 people in them? Or did I miss him saying that there is no way to choose these things?

I really hope you can choose your number of opponents, I think 1 V 1 is the most fun way to play.

E: I am speaking strictly about online matches. I know obviously its very simple to control the number of players offline.

IIRC the pro mode shows your win/loss record?

And yeah I don't think they mentioned any sort of filtering for public online play which is a shame. I really hope the standard play is a 3 stock match instead of a 2 minute timer....:negative:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bicyclops posted:

Also cause it might be a fun as heck sandbox for casual players. It's more customization, which I love, but is being intentionally left out of competitive play, which I think is better.

Good point, dunno why it doesn't have its own matchmaking lobby. I'm sure we will have a pretty large group of goons just trying crazy stuff so i'm not too worried

Space T Rex posted:

Oh my god I didn't even think of this. If you can't even customize game format...I don't even know. Suicide? Probably suicide tbh.

You know, with all the effort Sakurai has put into allowing players to play anyway they want to this time, I can't imagine him stopping at just "for fun" and "for glory", surely he went all the way and let you choose number of players and game type. Right?! Please?

The game sounds pretty amazing so far but if they somehow gently caress up the pubby customization while getting a lot of things right..i just..:shepicide:

bef fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 9, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space T Rex posted:

I was just rewatching some bits, and the Kirby Air Ride...power up...Battle Royale...thing is described specifically as a "4 Player Battle Game". If all game types online were always 4 player, that would be redundant right? Its making me more optimistic at least.

The Ridley tease is a pretty big troll, ZSS was stupid trolly, Waluigi was just Sakurai being an rear end in a top hat, but this poo poo right here.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

I hope there's an rear end in a top hat Mastermind mode for the Wii U where someone with the pad gets to gently caress with the people playing. Drop items, drag people around, flip the stage, spawn enemies, change gravity, fire lasers, etc. That would be awesome.

Why would Nintendo utilize their tablet? I don't understand.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

I can dream :saddowns:

They could make it really cool if it was like a Master Hand mode. You could still do all that stuff, but if you were enough of a fucker the fighters could stop what they were doing and gang up and kill you. Maybe give the hand secret alternate win conditions like make sure the winner has 2 stock left, or end the match in under 4 minutes, or get one of the fighters over 200% damage.

I'm actually optimistic we will have something of this nature since we got city trial of all things on the 3ds

Ganon and Falcon having different movesets would be awesome too but i'm gonna miss that gerudo kick

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space T Rex posted:

He could be like the Ike-est Ike. The strongest and slowest beast with a disjointed hitbox (sword).

Actually I don't know if I want them to switch up Ganondorf, hes a lot of fun to play in melee especially with his aerials. I guess if they keep the satisfaction of thunder-powered thighs and back-airs that smack you across the map i'll be content. I haven't tried him in P:M yet but I hope he got the buff he deserved

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm very concerned that the Ice Climbers will be cut due to the 3DS's limitations. Handling as many as eight equally-complex 60fps fighters at once could not be possible.

Is Rosalina's Luma at 30 fps?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artix posted:

We've already seen Smash City (whatever that mode is called) pictures that have the Ice Climbers polar bear. They're almost certainly still in.

On the other hand we haven't seen anything related to Xenoblade

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
All of Shulk's attacks break through shields

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You cannot hide from the Monado

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Countblanc posted:

If they put out a Battlefield Pack that made versions of Battlefield that had the makeover they gave FD's different versions I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

If anything this needs to happen

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TARDISman posted:

He's awesome like that, it's like he's eternally 23 or something and just super excited about everything Nintendo. Hell, wasn't he partly responsible for NOA getting back on its feet?

NOA is back on its feet?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can't find the Project M thread but some M smashing at Xanadu

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Brawl is pretty exciting when all the characters are pretty drat balanced

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never seen anyone play Mewtwo :stare: holy poo poo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really wanted to see that Sonic mirror :D

lmao the book read

bef fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 7, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Friend posted:

Ike is back.

I like ike

gently caress chrom lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ike > chrom because Ike fights for his friends

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funkmaster General posted:

So some people are really convinced that those roster shots are real. I'm 100% sure that they're fake, but may as well post about the latest one, which shows Ridley's model.

Now, to be fair, it's not an old render as far as I can tell, but... well, look for yourself.

that is 100% legit real and i will fight anyone that says otherwise

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funkmaster General posted:

So apparently we're getting gamecube controllers for the Wii U in time for Smash.

this is the best news

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, they've shown what it looks like too. It's not a Gamecube controller, it's a "Wii U Wired Fight Pad".

No c-stick, no d-pad. It'd be okay for stuff like Street Fighter, but not really a replacement for the GC controller for Smash Bros.

what the gently caress

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The gamecube controller is the perfect controller

e: dualshock 2 is possibly tied. both are excellent

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

It's missing a left bumper and the D-Pad is garbage and the sticks aren't buttons but THOSE TRIGGERS FEEL PERFECT and that makes up for everything

the c-stick is amazing and the ergonomics of the abxy button layout is the best thing that has ever happened to controllers

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

nevermind the c stick, no dpad means you can't taunt

both are equally valid reasons to hate that piece of poo poo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Motto posted:

Did the N64 even have any proper fighting games you would have wanted a controller like that for?

Clayfighter 63 .33333

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tracula posted:

Make sure to give the fries a try too. Although if you're alone you'll regret getting anything larger than a small.

five guys, worst fries

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
D1 commentating is all that I could ask for

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

forbidden lesbian posted:

I too know what the hell a M2K or a D1 is.

Good to hear there are other people that are in the know with all the latest Smash superstars

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Friendly Factory posted:

Apologies if this gets asked a lot, but is it theoretically possible for the 3DS to act as a Wii U controller? I'd rather play Smash Bros U with my 3DS

:psyboom:

And here I was wondering if there was an adapter to hook up a GC controller to a 3DS

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I hope someone recorded that last second rest :stare:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

Goddamn, these Snake/Wario matches are awesome.

Edit: THAT SAMUS IS AMAZING!

Project M fights never let me down, this Zelda vs Samus is really entertaining

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can do strong attacks by holding the analog in one direction and flicking the c stick the opposite

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

That definitely doesn't work, otherwise stutter-step-Smashing wouldn't work.

Hmm I remember doing something of the sort a while back I haven't played in a while though

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

forbidden lesbian posted:

Those were the best tho???

truth

PantsBandit posted:

I still remember getting a holographic Zapdos in my first ever booster pack as a kid. I just about fainted from excitement.

Charizard motherfucker

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Color Printer posted:

I hope one of Bowser's alternate fire breath moves is to breathe projectile fireballs SMB1 style.

Really, I just want to know all of them right now. I want to know everything about this game. Why is September so far away? :negative:

Acquire patience and play the M

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wind God Sety posted:

Can we as a thread try to go a week without bringing up how Waluigi should have been in/never had a chance?

uhhh/.. PLEASE leave the thread

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fhate posted:

Jesus H. Christ, The scarf is fine. A thread full of people who admit to being lardasses walking around in video game themed shirts is surprisingly bitchy about some other fat weirdo's fashion choice (which isn't even a fashion choice, he's wearing it for sentimental reasons). It's not like he's wearing a bishop hat or a pony mask or a pair of fairy wings or something. Give it a rest already.

The Smash mindset pervades all aspects of life

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bicyclops posted:

Like, I have an old ratty t-shirt I still have that was made for me for participating in a high school drama festival. I wear it for pajamas and while I'm doing laundry but I understand that it probably shouldn't be worn to represent my high school or my state because it is ugly and old and frequently not appropriate for the weather.

It's kind of sweet that he's choosing to honor his mom but also sort of adolescent IMO.

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Westballz plays a sick Yoshi

THE FIRE BURN!!!!

wait is amsa yoshi?

VVV ah yea

bef fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 21, 2014

• Locked thread