Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

More new items:

Did I miss these? Where are they from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Where? I can find all the new reveals photos, but nothing with the items. In fact, for me Smashbros.com doesn't even have the spot for the pic of the day anymore, it's now overtaken by a bunch of custom CHALLENGER APPROACHING blocks.

Yeah, same.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*grabs pile of poo poo and sniffs it* Mmm! *takes a big bite* More DLC please! *burps a fart-smelling burp*

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wind God Sety posted:

Is there a point you're trying to make here?

*uses poo poo to paint own face, akin to clown make-up* Allow me to make a case for paid downloadable content in a Smash Brothers game..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nice, thanks for the info on TAC

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

I don't want to sound sexist but in that first one what the hells going on with that, is that a buttock?

I don't think Sheik is going to be offended.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I thought there was a newcomer because 100 posts were spent discussing Samus' lithe and succulent body.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im a man of simple tastes - A game of smash with the bros, a hot pizza in my belly, and a long night of passionate lovemaking with my girlfriend Miku.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He is seriously loving with people about the Ridley thing huh

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ike looks great but wow I would have bet a lot against his return. I'm going to interpret this as a burial of Chrom's chances in favor of someone with a bit more going on, like the Awakening avatar. I hope we at least lose some of the dead clone weight from Brawl. I'm thinking we get Brawl's full roster, minus the rest of the Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Lucas, and Wolf. I can't imagine anyone else being on the chopping block, maybe R.O.B.? The Ice Climbers, if the 3DS can't support them for some reason?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

Hey guys, huge fan of Smash Brothers, I can't wait for it to come out! I got a 3DS all primed for when it is released, and should have a WiiU by the time winter rolls around. My question however, is does anybody here have any funny doge meme photoshops of Smash Brothers, for instance doge as master hand, or something of that nature? Thanks a million!

Stay your hand, Sid.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yestermoment posted:

It's because of stuff like this that I want Long Island/NYC to be a separate state/sunk into the atlantic. NY events are always NYC-centric. :argh:

Where do you see participating stores in New York City?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

Also Jersey has 4 locations and PA only has three, how is that even possible?

A grave injustice, for sure.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stupid.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

So is Ness not in this version? That's too bad.

He probably is

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Did they say how much this adapter is going to cost?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

your kid's going to grow up to be a FYAD poster

I would advise that kid's dad to be careful because that likely means his son has a predisposition to a mental illness. Peace.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Molto Bene.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So the leak is pretty much 100% confirmed now, meaning Chrom, Pac-Man, Shulk from Xenoblade, and Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven are almost certainly in. If the Miis are taking up 3 slots, and everyone from Brawl save Snake and Squirtle/Ivysaur in, that's 50 characters and very possibly our whole roster.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So it seems Sal posted a third minor leak on Smashboards just prior to E3 reconfirming the six newcomers listed prior, referring to the Mii as Mii Fighter. He also said that his leaker knows of internal discussions to cut Lucas and sell DLC characters, which is loving garbage.

Interestingly enough, if you can believe that Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are cut, this is also lends credence to the only other possible leak that people still give a solid chance, a claim by a dude named RosalinaX that the roster will be 48 characters with 4 cuts from Brawl. If Chrom, Choir, Pac, and Shulk are in, as well as the 11 veterans not yet mentioned, that's 47 in total. So either Lucas is included in RosalinaX's 48, or one character still hasn't been leaked, or RX is full of poo poo.

In any case, expect Chrom, Chorus Men, etc. It's a done deal.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Any footage of Pyrosphere yet? Ridleygate draws near..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Show me Pac-Man holy poo poo dudes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

So it seems Sal posted a third minor leak on Smashboards just prior to E3 reconfirming the six newcomers listed prior, referring to the Mii as Mii Fighter. He also said that his leaker knows of internal discussions to cut Lucas and sell DLC characters, which is loving garbage.

Interestingly enough, if you can believe that Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are cut, this is also lends credence to the only other possible leak that people still give a solid chance, a claim by a dude named RosalinaX that the roster will be 48 characters with 4 cuts from Brawl. If Chrom, Choir, Pac, and Shulk are in, as well as the 11 veterans not yet mentioned, that's 47 in total. So either Lucas is included in RosalinaX's 48, or one character still hasn't been leaked, or RX is full of poo poo.

In any case, expect Chrom, Chorus Men, etc. It's a done deal.

quoting this because it's accurate

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Competitors weigh in on how Smash 4 plays. TW: lots of scary tryhard tourney terms

Basically, you can't combo for poo poo and dashing feels weird.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

On the other hand, somebody said in this reddit AMA that Nintendo reps drilled the players about what they wanted changed and took notes so hopefully those notebooks end up in Sakurai's hands and the game ends up fun and good to play.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

I don't see anything about comboing except for throws having a delay and no grab release infinites.

Sire Oblivion posted:

The game feels like Brawl but everything is a bit heavier and feels pithy. It's... :smith:

It's an unfinished game and I doubt anyone in that invitational got to play for more than an afternoon, but what I saw in that stream (and corroborated by the feedback from the invitational players) was a 1 hit fighting game and no wavedashing, no l-cancelling + sluggish aerial landing lag, delay after throwing, and easy airdodges means that nobody in a room full of 16 mad good players had any idea how to do anything but trade punches. I know this matters absolutely nothing to a lot of people, which is cool and o.k., but what was shown in the invitational stream, outside of the gleam of newness and exciting final smashes, was not really pulse-pounding gameplay. I'm excited to see how it feels in my hands, but it really doesn't look good in some respects (in others, it looks great: everything about the newcomers are perfect IMO)

But hey it's not out yet. Maybe it'll end up being Project M HD with Mega Man and I'll be one happy camper :)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Orrrr it was because they had just been playing the game for a few hours.

And no L-canceling is a good thing, L-canceling is retarded.

i agree

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sharrrk posted:

Has anyone seen any footage of Bowser using his final smash? Or any other character who's final smash we haven't seen yet for that matter.

Of the character's who's final smashes that weren't officially shown off, I've so far seen:

Pikachu's - same as Brawl (Volt Tackle)
Fox's - same as Brawl (Landmaster)
Olimar's - same as Brawl (End of Day)
Sonic's - same as Brawl (Super Sonic)
Marth's - same as Brawl (Critical Hit)
Zero Suit Samus's - new, she jumps into her ship and goes into first person mode, shooting whoever she targets with her ship's laser cannons, kind of like Snake's but different
Sheik - same as Brawl (Light Arrow, sends opponent horizontally flying)

also I saw a Link try to use his final smash once but he missed it so I don't know if it's different. Looked like it was probably the same though.

Really curious if anyone else's have been changed or not

Word is that most if not all veteran's Final Smashes are the same (including Giga Bowser, who I'm dying to see). I'm pretty sure there aren't any exceptions so far besides what's been shown in a direct and ZSS's beastly FPS mode

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GenericMartini posted:

http://youtu.be/1P3i5vsGvkw (starts at 0:58

He's pretty much the same.

Yummy.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

yeah the gravity looks nice, the floatiness of brawl was the worst thing about it so I'm at least glad that they gave the engine a kick in the rear end there

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wanna play Splatoon so bad

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Excels posted:

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition..."

Sick ref, old guy.

These matches are really boring.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

gently caress yes the invitational players are back.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

"M-mindgames going on right now.."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Spectacle Rock posted:

I feel like I, a fan of Smash Bros, should apologize to someone.

Yeah definitely go do that

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish the stages would chill out a little. Those platforms on the Animal Crossing stage zip away stupid fast

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I definitely want more time with the game, but I can also see the more general things people have said as pretty accurate (I obviously can't comment on the specifics that people described after having a day+ with the game); The game is only "between melee and brawl" in that characters seem to run faster and jab combos come out fast, but the things people actually liked about the speed of melee and P:M was the hitstun and ability to do 3-4 hit combos. The throw delay is huge so if you like characters who use their throws to do anything other than straight up throw someone off the stage then you'll be kinda sad about that. Excited to play more, hoping for more of the good (~*~lil' mac~*~) and a bit less of the bad (why can't I stop jabbing and throw you as villager?!).

That sucks a lot.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Really? That guy is afraid Smash4 is gonna be casual? You know, like this series was intended to be? I have no problem with playing Smash competitively or anything, but it's honestly a miracle that nintendo is acknowledging it at all, especially given that tournament rules are ignoring a bunch of what they're adding in this game. Hell, Nintendo's making it easier for them to play hardcorely online with the 'for glory' thing. Like, I get if they weren't too impressed by the demo they played and hoped that the main game will be better, but that's awfully pessimistic for such a little timeframe.

I can't wait to play hardcorely online.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

oh

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I should also say, on the leak: I'll buy it if Shulk or the Choir actually turn up, but I most certainly don't remember the Choir being on that list when it first circulated.

EDIT: By the time one of them are announced there's not much more left. And since he missed on Mac and Rosalina (and arguably Greninja), even if he is right there's clearly more.

Mac was in the first leak

• Locked thread