Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't watch the stream but this sounds like a really good way to keep things chill and a good compromise between E-SPORTS and the rest of us.

Honestly that alone is probably the smartest thing they could've done for online play. Don't get me wrong, people are still going to cry for years and years about how Melee is better but I feel we've grown to tune those voices out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have we actually seen Ridley yet? Besides his shadow in the direct

No, Sakurai knows how much people want him and he's just screwing with us. I kinda love it because I'm fine with Ridley just being a big guy who sets people on fire in the Metroid stage.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'd love Simon Belmont, but he's pretty unlikely since it seems like they've gone out of their way to get rid of up+B's that involve chains like Olimar's Pikmin chain and I can't think of any other way that they'd do his up+B.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TerminusEst13 posted:

Well that's surprising, I was under the impression Metroid was a pretty bad seller despite all the praise it gets.
Is there a site where I can get specific/estimated sales figures at? I'd like to do a little digging and compare between games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Metroid
vs
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Mega+Man

Mega Man has more overall but then again it also has something like 10 times Metroid's numbers.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

bef posted:

On the other hand we haven't seen anything related to Xenoblade

They can throw Ice Climbers stuff in there and people can make their own assumptions since Ice Climbers have been in Smash before. They pretty much can't reveal anything Xenoblade related since it'd be an awful choice publicity wise. Revealing Bionis Leg or Prison Island before announcing Shulk pretty much announces Shulk without actually announcing him. That being said, they've already revealed Ferox Arena and a Tiki trophy and we still haven't seen anything involving Chrom, but that probably falls into the same camp as Ice Climbers, it's something a majority of fans have already assumed.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Countercounterpoint:

Countercountercounterpoint: Tripping isn't in this game.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

A stage designed for a 5th player to use the Gamepad solely to dick around and troll the players. Just a playground full of traps the Gamepad user can click on.

This is actually what I'm counting on with the Wii U gamepad. This or some kind of 4 on 1 battle mode where the 1 has a hilarious advantage. The Duck Hunt stage Spacebump mentioned would be a prime candidate for this kind of treatment.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Mother is popular, but I don't think it's anywhere near Monster Hunter's level.

Going to agree with this, Monster Hunter is in the same league as Animal Crossing and Pokemon over there, hell, the primary reason people bought a PSP in Japan was for the MH Portable games and Portable 3rd sold something like 4.5 million copies in the first 6 months of its launch.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Where did the idea for Ridley not being too big for the game come from anyways? I mean he's always been portrayed as a huge goddamn space dragon except for on the NES Metroid because I'm pretty sure the NES would melt if it had to deal with anything that huge moving that fast.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

DrPaper posted:

We're actually gonna get Adam in his blue space armor and laser rifle unironically with no funny jokes about authorization and it's going to loving own.

Adam Malkovich Authorizes the Fight!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Do another taunt during it and Doc Louis eats a chocolate bar.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Well, yeah, but I know Nintendo isn't going to add the characters I want from those games. Hell, Goku is actually probably more likely then anyone from FE:A other then Chrom and maybe Lucina.

That said, I'd totally play a Super Emblem Bros. game.

If Lucina got in, she'd probably be like Wireframe Little Mac, a special alt costume for Marth since that's what she spends the first third of the game disguised as.
As for Super Emblem Bros, we still have Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem on the horizon! :getin:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Goddamn, this kid. I love how he's acting like a pro wrestler in his own ridiculous, borderline crazy way.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Excels posted:

Tried my hand at a "dream roster". Top is playable, bottom is Assists.

Giygas would be hilarious as an assist trophy. It'd be like Andross, he falls into the background and a text box says "YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND THE FORM OF GIYGAS' ASSIST TROPHY" then the stage explodes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Actually, the next EarthBound assist trophy should totally be a Starman. He just stands there and shoots lasers or fireballs, but there's a 1/128 chance he'll be a Starman Super instead, in which case he just throws a Sword of Kings at someone and disappears.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I've never played Xenoblade, but if Shulk were in, I would think he'd be more likely to replace Ike's moveset, looking at him.

It'd probably be something like that, yeah. In game he's somewhere around the middle of your party speed wise, but the big thing about him is he's still getting used to using the Monado, so yeah, that'd translate to a slightly slower and stronger attack style. It'd be hard to guess what his final smash would be though, since he has a few really strong Monado based attacks, none of them really stand out as an "Oh poo poo!"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

I really doubt they'd go to the trouble of including a semi-third party character just to give him a copy/pasted moveset.

Actually Monolith Soft became a first party company shortly after Xenosaga III came out in 06.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Agreed. Xenoblade is a drat good RPG but it's soundtrack is even better than that implies. Have some more, all of which would work really well for a Smash Bros fight.

I'd be super happy if they had the Bionis Leg as a stage with almost any of the music you guys have listed, except for You Will Know Our Names. I think if they did something where a stage boss like the Yellow Devil showed up then the music randomly cuts into that track like in the game itself where the battle music will change the second a unique or super powerful enemy joins the fight.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Coming soon:

SENSELESS ANIME VIOLENCE
GIANT ROBOT LASER

SUPER ROBOT WARS
...oh wait.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm no Megaman expert, but how about a stage with those disappearing platforms that require perfect predictive aim and timing, I think I'm thinking of a Heat Man stage?

Heat Man or Ice Man. Ice Man was slightly easier because you weren't over bottomless pits the whole time. At the same time you didn't have a jet.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Seshoho Cian posted:

Here's a chart of stuff you may or may not have forgotten!

Oh Magical Starsign and Glory of Heracles... I look right at your boxes pretty frequently and I forget you exist. :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rita Repulsa posted:

Spirit tracks was that bad huh

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

People only give Golden Sun the time of day because it was one of the few JRPGs on the GBA.

It was the first big JRPG on the GBA and I remember thinking that the scope was pretty impressive at the time since I never played a game that ended on a cliffhanger like that before. Personally I kinda want Isaac because he'd be a fun hybrid sword dude, partially swinging a sword around and partially throwing earth magic and Djinns at people. That and throwing a giant sword at people for a Final Smash would be hilarious.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Michael Douglas does a masterful job acting as Croconaw.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Joramun posted:

You mean Crocomire. Croconaw is Totodile's evolution.

Goddammit. :negative:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I find it hilarious that everyone was saying "Greninja is super popular in Japan" and reading "Yeah Greninja must be loved by foreigners"

They know foreigners have a neverending boner for ninja and ninja related products.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

Lucina is voiced by Laura Bailey and Chrom is voiced by Dime Store Troy Baker, I think it's clear which one should be in Smash.

I'm pretty sure Chrom was voiced by Matthew Mercer, who's actually pretty drat good. Not that Troy Baker isn't, but Mercer's nowhere near as prolific in games as Baker is.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Using Deviantart is unfair; some of the people there are barely sane and horny on a level that defies description. There's probably several hundred entries on the forbidden love between Mario's left shoe and a koopa's shell. Almost half of those would be fat fetish variants.

To be fair, have you SEEN Mario's left shoe? It's a very very sexy shoe.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That'd be Lucas then, they wouldn't get rid of PK Flash on Ness, it's pretty much the only PSI move that he uses that's actually his.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Smash Bros is one of the company's big bread winners, there's going to be a special 3DS.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

LanceKing2200 posted:

God I hope not.

because if there is I'll have to buy it :allears:

God knows I will, the B button on my Fire Emblem 3DS is going... :smithicide:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I think at the last second they should replace Marth with Excellus just to see the fangirl reaction

They were both voiced by Spike Spencer...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I'm not sorry

Wario, I authorize the use of garlic.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

This will be available as on disc DLC.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

HOLY poo poo. First reason to go to Best Buy in a long time.

Oh Reggie... You could tell all Nintendo fans to go gently caress themselves and you'd still be more charming than the other two guys combined.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I love Reggie. He's goofy and he has stage presence and he's a perfect fit for Nintendo's whole... I dunno, image. People seem to be like UGH BUT MEMES when it comes to him but whatever. There's a reason he was pretty much always the one stage at Nintendo's stuff

He's awesome like that, it's like he's eternally 23 or something and just super excited about everything Nintendo. Hell, wasn't he partly responsible for NOA getting back on its feet?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Spacebump posted:

I wish they would release timed demos instead of Best Buy events.

Same here but ultimately events like this are the best way to get the word out. While the internet is huge nowadays they do need to appeal to the twenty or so people out that aren't hardwired to social networks or gaming sites.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Silento posted:

Holy poo poo, that video was amazing. Nintendo :allears:

Edit: In before Nintendo only has Brawl at the E3 Smash Invitational and gets tons of nerd rage from internet people.

There is pretty much no way for Nintendo to get a positive reaction out of this. It's a fantastic idea and I love it but they're either going to have Brawl and catch poo poo for not having Melee, have Melee and catch poo poo for having a 12-13 year old game at an E3 thing, or have Smash 4 and catch poo poo for nobody knowing what's good for the first few rounds.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pyroi posted:

Wait, I got this one...Street Fighter 2 Turbo Edition?

Nah, it's totally going to be the best fighter of all time. Injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Four playable characters. All Mario.

• Locked thread