Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Just noticed this in the Greninja trailer:

Anyone have an idea at what stage this is supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
For those wondering why ZeRo was wearing that scarf https://twitter.com/CT_ZeRo/status/476601487087239168

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Man, Shulk being in this has me way too excited right now, especially with how awesome his victory theme is.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Wild Knight posted:

I met someone who does competitive Smash recently and I brought up Smash 4, and he said something like "yeah, they changed the edge guarding, so...we all know it's not going to be the game we want" and I'm like

You can't just

Work out new strategies around the new edge grabbing mechanics

My experience with competitive players talking about Smash 4 has pretty much been the opposite. While initially they were taken aback by the changes they were generally pretty excited at discovering how the changes will affect everything, like how there should be no more ledge camping due to the lack of invincibility when re-grabbing the ledge.

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'll give you L-Cancelling, but how the hell is Wavedashing counter-intuitive? You airdash into the ground in a certain direction which is exactly how the airdodge worked in Melee. How was airdodging in the direction you held on the joystick counter-intuitive?

Wavedashing may be pretty intuitive once you get good at it, but learning how to do it is not anywhere near intuitive in comparison to the rest of the game (though it does make Marth's ground game a hell of a lot of fun). Now if it had its own separate, dedicated button (like direction and L) then it would be much more intuitive, and would definitely make higher level Melee easier to approach.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 29, 2014

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Just so everyone knows, none of the leaks have come from a copy of the game. The only true leaks that have come out so far have been from ESRB review footage, so anyone talking about things you could only know by playing the game is lying.

Also the whole final five thing was revealed to be made up by the guy who originally posted the screens and clips from the review footage (which was leaked to him by someone else). Basically the only basis for the final five is that they could fit five more characters into the CSS.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Sorry to break up character/logo discussion, but it is looking like there will be a way of canceling out of landing lag in Smash 4. From what it looks like, instead of inputting L when you land all you need to do is throw out an attack and (seemingly) all landing lag is canceled.

This can be seen with Mario in this gif:
http://www.gfycat.com/DigitalGranularDarwinsfox

and in this gif of Lucina:
http://www.gfycat.com/MatureBackBellsnake

So basically L-canceling is in the game, but it is no longer the needless technical barrier it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I hope there is 2v2's online so me and a friend can use the tags VIRGN and PATRL.

• Locked thread