Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I still can't believe the Galaga ships showing up. Are you making this game just for me, Sakurai? :allears:

:v: Also gently caress all the PacHaters. If anyone should show up next to Mario, Sonic and Mega Man it's the muthafuckin' Pac Man. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rhonne posted:

What would Zero Suit Samus' final smash even be? Calling in her ship for a bombing run maybe?

She calls a ship and it takes her offscreen and everyone waits around for something to happen but it just turns out she left the game for good and you can't even choose her anymore. Then a better character shows up and surprise! They put development time into that instead!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

They really need to double down on the Nintendo history and have hanafuda cards, love testers, and the Ultra Hand as items.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Everyone is like an inch tall because they're all roughly Olimar's size.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

:flashfact: Space Invaders is Taito.

But if there is a Namco assist trophy it stands to reason that there is a Namco character in the game. So we're talking Pac-Man or the Solvalou fighting like that car in Virtua Fighter.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Uh, Captain loving Planet is a fighter in that game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

So basically what I'm reading here is that everyone wants to pay to unlock everything right away.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Whoa, hey, not trying to call anybody out there. That just seemed like the natural convergence of the two conversations. I don't want to give Nintendo ideas. :ninja:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Pac-Man is the first really huge video game mascot. His historical significance alone makes him perfect for Smash. Also Namco is working on the game, it just seems like a no-brainer. He even appeared in the arcade Mario Kart Namco worked on, so there's even precedent for Namco throwing him in. Bring on the Pac Attack. :v: :colbert: :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

Pacman just seems like a better assist trophy to me, where a giant Pacman chomps around the screen and sends people flying.

Oh you mean his Final Smash? :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

So hey, Kuribo's shoe should be an item.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

GenericMartini posted:

I hope we at least get one Smash 64 stage. I would love to smash on a low polygon block of texture in HD.

Just bring back the Fighting Polygon Team and I'll be good. Smash Ride mode seems decent for that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I want Tingle, Mallo from Pushmo/Crashmo, and the Duckhunt Dog as fighters. :colbert:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

That Wario is really missing a horrifying crotch bulge.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Gabriel Pope posted:

Duckhunt Dog has no attacks, but has a unique taunt for each attack input

I appreciate your joke but I have thought this through and his basic attacks are him leaping around like he is lunging for a duck corpse, and his special attacks involve ducks flying out as projectiles. Occasionally the projectiles are clay pigeons which do more damage. His Final Smash is Snake's except with the obvious Duck Hunt theme. He would be the worst and I would main him so hard.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

B probably works the best in a game, though I find D to be the most aesthetically pleasing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

Wait, WHAT!?

Charles Martinet (the guy who does Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi's voices) maintains that they're just some dudes who found common interest in being evil and weird and now they just sort of hang out and do that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I believe his wording was "weird, evil dudes who found each other".

My wording is superior. :colbert:

Cleretic posted:

I believe it was him that suggested the idea of a 'Wario & Waluigi' RPG where they just go around the land being assholes.

Charles Martinet seems pretty awesome. :allears:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Just take a genre Nintendo doesn't currently have a franchise for, and give it to those two.

Like a beat-em-up. Nintendo doesn't have their own beat-em-up.

Sorry man, Urban Champion 2 already de-confirmed. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

If Platinum made a Beat-'em-up featuring the Wa Bros. I would buy like at least three Wii U's.

I would dedicate my life to buying all the Wii U's. Super Wario Pals: Revengeance :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Or you can just make your own pizza and eat something actually good.

My dad used to make his own dough minus important ingredients and now I'm too traumatized to ever do this. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Or Gun Control.

That part's easy, most players are going to turn all the guns off for tournament play.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm hoping for a Pushmo stage where the Pushmo dude pulls out and pushes in the platforms over the course of the battle, as well as hops on those color arrows that juts out all of the platforms of that color. I think it would be perfect for Smash. Especially if it's a random Pushmo design every time the stage is loaded.

This is exactly what I imagined for a Pushmo stage. Except it needs to occasionally be Crashmo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I have previously stated that the Duck Hunt Dog should be a playable character, but now I realize that he should pop up in the corner of the screen and giggle at you Dan Fordan Toasty style when you gently caress up and do something dumb.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs

Super Smash Bros Throwdown

Super Smash Bros Dustup

Super Smash Bros Quarrel

Super Smash Bros Characters Are Fighting Here

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Oh, Ike. What are you even doing here?

"I fight for my friends."

He never says anything like that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mega Man being named Astro Boy is objectively the best part of the picture.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

DrPaper posted:

You guys think there's any potential promotional DLC in store for Smash?!!?

Man you really hate DLC in Nintendo stuff, huh?

They did this in Mario Golf recently, they had a tournament where they teamed up with a golf club manufacturer of some kind. You used their gear for the tournament, then they gave you the set at the end. Their stats weren't great so I don't really use it but it was pretty neat, I thought. :shrug:

Doesn't really seem to be much crossover potential for anything with Smash, really. Unless they license out the food pickups.

EDIT: also that Benz is Japan only because it ties in to commercials they've got going on over there

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 29, 2014

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am very cautious about the figures, that is for drat sure. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

All I need now is Mallo from Pushmo and Duck Hunt Dog and I will consider the lineup perfect!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

What was the point of the Pac-Man video at the end point out when G&W, Pac-Man, Mario and DK were created?

They're pointing out that g&W and the Pac Attack are older than Mario and DK, the 'first' Nintendo characters.

Also look it's Game and Watch!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

My Brawler will be Reggie, my Gunner Iwata and my Swordsman Sakurai. :allears:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Reggie already said that his mii is canonically a gunner though

That's bullshit, I'm Project M'ing that garbage.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I love that typo. "I personally am taken aback by how much work I put into this game. It's so hosed up how awesome it's going to be. My arms are in open rebellion against my body for how hard I work on this game and that poo poo is ridiculous."

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

This is amazing. The only way they could do this better is if there was a secret taunt similar to Snake on Shadow Moses that lets you throw off his clothes like his entrance during the game.
To be fair though, from a technical standpoint, this costume is no big deal. They already had a model for it during his entrance-animation, so turning it into an alternate costume was no big deal. Now that I think about it, though – what would his new intro animation be?

When Little Mac wears his sweatsuit, he throws off Alphonzo's skin and muscle!

He ... can't say "leave it to me" in this scenario. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

Seriously, I hope it's some character not mentioned in any of the supposed leaks and it represents a new franchise for the series and comes totally out of nowhere.

Mallo from Pushmo confirmed. :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

We all know the true superstar they'll unveil:

HERBIE POPS IN

Psh yeah like they'd add that fat little nothing. :rolleyes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I know it's a lot to hope for but it would be so cool if there were unlockable costume pieces and outfits that you bought with coins from playing matches like in the most recent Mario Golf for 3DS. There seems to be one or two characters that would benefit from that level of customization, though I know it's probably resources better spent elsewhere, but I want my bedhead-haired, leopard-pantsed rockstar Villager, or the Robin I'm presumably going to have by the time Smash comes out because I'm interested now. God that would be so cool. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

He found the boss music in Metal Gear Revengeance bad enough to turn it off.

Look, the music is Revengeance is definitely bad, but that is exactly why it's awesome and it is still really stupid to turn it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Alacron posted:

So, like Angry Birds then?

Holy poo poo, it is literally just Angry Smash. Sakurai, you are really weird. :psyduck:

• Locked thread