Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Glad to see that they are embracing both kinds of players. Different Final Destination skins is the best thing ever for it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

IronicDongz posted:

We've already seen that Ridley's a stage hazard in the Nintendo Direct, so there's even less of a chance.
Too fuckin' big.

What if they pulled a toon link and he gets replaced by something else when picked.

You never know!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Oxyclean posted:

Man, I kinda hope the stage builder returns. I had a lot of fun making stupid gimmick stages.

Like a stage that was a big, almost entirely closed box with one tile open at the top - it was high enough that most characters couldn't jump out. Basically the only way to kill someone was to get them to a super high percent and hope they bounce out. Various item sets got employed, but my favorite was pure explosives.

My other favorite was a stage of nothing but conveyer belts and spikes.

Heavy Giant mode, 4 falling blocks in a row, all Snake. Who can fly the longest!?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Echo Chamber posted:

HOLY poo poo. First reason to go to Best Buy in a long time.

I love nintendo :allears:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kirby Triple Deluxe looks absolutely beautiful with 3D, lots of neat effects where objects get pushed from background to foreground, also affecting the gameplay somewhat.
If there is one thing I absolutely love Nintendo for it is utilizing their hardware to the fullest in some of their games.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Suspicious Cook posted:

Subspace Emissary is one of the best examples of an incredible idea given the worst possible execution. If you could just play as Nintendo characters invading other Nintendo worlds and fighting people, it would have been amazing. As it stands, Melee's single player was closer to what people actually wanted.

You are making me want a megaman-esque adventure mode where you select different Nintendo-based levels in whatever order you want until the final level.

Make it happen Nintendo it would be so cool.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

JordanKai posted:

"Bandana Dee Helicopters Into Battle"

Isn't King Dedede's Side B now gordos only?

....could it be Waddle Dee?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kirby up throw is a death sentence on the boxing ring.

EDIT: Kirby wins! woohoo Kirby! :swoon:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
That hammer was perfect

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
ZSS cheesing the loving game. No fair.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
These loving nerds take smash bros way too seriously.

Just play the game and enjoy it already! Stop the sperg nit-picking. :(

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I was just mad because Kirby is my favorite character and I wanted Kirby to be the character that won, but being runner up isn't so bad.

Also all the :spergin: about whether or not this game should be EXACTLY like Project: M is really getting on my nerves. Not every game has to cater specifically to one kind of player.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I don't remember where to find that video of the Fox combo where the player put in like 20 or so inputs in less than 5 seconds to pull off a k.o. combo, but poo poo like that is specifically why I hate melee. Some spergy amount of player input needed that devolves into how fast you can press buttons in a certain order that makes the game less about reacting to your opponent and taking advantage of their mistakes and more about memorizing the most miserable button combinations to pull off one specific action with very fickle timing.

I find the busy-work annoying and would rather see a focus on strategy and reaction rather than button salad. I know combos are important, but combos that require the most asinine combination of movements make the game less fun and more of a godawful chore.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I thought players said there was hitstun? Like, you could do some combos in this game.
EDIT: Before players start bitching about things, they should realize that the game is still unfinished and the 5 or so hours, maximum, of gameplay is not enough to know characters in and out at this point. It's a waste of time to try and discern how exactly Smash 4 is going to play out.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Chaltab posted:

Yes. Some were having trouble following up because of moves having increased knockback and throws having more lag for the thrower. Possibly a concession to make infinites less likely?

Anything to remove infinites is a good thing. Infinites were smash bros. at its most unbalanced.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Brother Entropy posted:

The game being unfinished is actually precisely why people should bring up issues they see arising.

I meant that people shouldn't be dismissing it because of this, because the game can change. I agree that people should be providing constructive criticism that hopefully devs will take to heart, but whining with blaring white noise won't help that much.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Endorph posted:

Unless I missed something, the game was even and he had a strong chance of losing unless he did that. He wasn't doing it to be a dick, he was playing to his only out.

You could say that ZSS as a character is kind of dickish because her whole shtick is zoning and poke.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Captain Pissweak posted:

But the Zelda in the game is based on the late teen one of Twilight Princess while Hilda is like ten or something. One is nearly (if not, I don't know) an adult and one is a child, they'd physically have differently shaped bodies, unless they did a redesign of her to suddenly be much older which I can only imagine as looking kind of dumb.

e: my argument is not against her as a concept, I'm fine with her being in Hilda owns, I just can't see how they'd actually reconcile her with Zelda's current model.

Just palette swap her hair/eyes/dress. Lazy, but they've done it with Peach and Daisy.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Why did people hate Skyward Sword? I thought it was one of the most fun games and for all the endless bitching about games being the "same" as previous installments in the series it shook up quite a bit for the usual formula. I loved the motion controls and had no problems with them, either.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The gamecube controller in general is very very ergonomic for poo poo like combined or sequential button presses. I would say it's the best controller for any fighter game since it kind of emulates the stick + button combinations that arcade fighters employ. I wish more controllers were shaped like the Gamecube controller, it's just simply comfortable.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Rather Watch Them posted:

Plus, Dedede only throws Gordo for his side-B. OBVIOUSLY it's so players don't get confused when playing as Bandanna Dee. :v:

Oh man I hope you are right. The Return to Dreamland gang is the best. :)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Suspicious Cook posted:

Kirby, no. Please stop.

Can someone make this av sized or is it too big? Maybe just Kirby and Whispy chatting would work too, I kind of want this

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

How Rude posted:

Can someone make this av sized or is it too big? Maybe just Kirby and Whispy chatting would work too, I kind of want this

Nevermind, I did it myself. Thank you Suspicious Cook!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Takoluka posted:

Why is there so much love for such a bad controller?

The snappy c-stick and easy to multi-press button layout is awesome.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

"wait...I know this....Tim and Tammy Sawyer!"

The Fire Emblem ones were my favorite :allears:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Has there been any official words on this supposed leak? It could just be an incredibly elaborate internet prank.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Dr Snofeld posted:

I really like that comic. Doofy good-spirited joke comics are seemingly in short supply nowadays.

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over my obviously better POIGNANT, DARK, AND EDGY DEEP GORY WEBCOMIC that my 15-year-old fanbase absolutely adores :cadfan:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Aurora posted:

Just make a Brambles stage, and don't gently caress up the music this time.

I thought the remix in Brawl was awesome. It was the crappy DK stage that annoyed the hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Countblanc posted:

New bombjumping tech for Link discovered

:lol: that is so freaking weird.

• Locked thread