Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I missed the direct thing and I've only just seen the website.

Why Greninja in particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

dude789 posted:

For all you Dark Souls fans, one of the Wii Fit Trainer's attacks is Praising the Sun.

I saw this in the trailer and it blew my mind. I'm curious if Namco-Bandai put it in on purpose since they publish the Dark Souls games.

So Wii Fit Trainer is my main.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Sire Oblivion posted:

Or, you know, it's an actual Yoga Pose.

Ssh let me live my dream of Solaire being summoned for battle.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bobnumerotres posted:

So this is floating around on Tumblr now.

Could they have made it not look like poo poo?

v I was under the impression the joke was no items, Fox only, Final Destination.

Seagull fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 9, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Frocobo posted:

I just remembered something a lot of people have overlooked: the single red Pikmin alongside all the other projectiles in the Charizard trailer that sails through the air majestically before unceremoniously and ineffectively tumbling into the dirt. It cracks me up every time.

Pikmin are my favourite Smash Bros. joke. Every time there's a cutscene with Olimar something amazing happens.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bongo Bill posted:

Mega Charizard Y doesn't look different enough.

This is pretty much it. That and it's main deal doesn't really translate well in Smash (it got really sunny out!)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly can't figure out what Ridley would bring to the table that Charizard already doesn't.

This is a game where a good chunk of the characters are slightly modified versions of each other. Like I guess if you just assume Ridley would be a Charizard clone with slight modification fine, but why don't they just get rid of Luigi for being kind of like Mario then because they'll never get around that one.

e: not to mention the people among Pokemon's demographic and Metroid's are probably different and they'd like to play as their space dragon rather than the fire lizard from another series.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I can't wait until they confirm Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash is Anthony.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just think Ridley would look horribly awkward walking around as he's seen flying everywhere or crawling around for a few steps.

His walk could be that crawling around thing he does in the Primes, run can be the flying hover like Charizard manages.

Crawfish posted:

So then make him a reverse Little Mac?

Gimp all his attacks on land while buffing all his air attacks, to promote less time on ground with an awkward walking/crawling around the ground animation.

This is actually totally what I'd be down for if Ridley got in. He'd work perfectly for it.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Spekhogger posted:

The only bad thing is now people are going to be pleading their favorite Pokemon be put into the game.

Blaziken for Smash.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Mennonites Revenge posted:

I wonder if Eevee will be able to evolve on his appearance.

Oh my god this is brilliant, it better happen.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Yeah, I know I don't have a spare $300 just lying around, I'm kind of poor. :v:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I also hope they suck some of the fun out of the game by giving you every character and stage at the beginning.

Why do I have to unlock these drat trophies?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

TaurusOxford posted:

Yes, buy our 200 dollar handheld and you don't have to waste your time unlocking characters.

I think the people who have a Wii U but not a 3DS is a really small number right now.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

nerdbot posted:

And I really do think they're just steering away from it, between the fact that they're hyping up new characters more than ever and the fact that we know of so many series-staple secret guys already.

I don't know about that, of the twenty three currently returning characters, only five of them have been secret in previous games.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Endorph posted:

here's mine

No Omega Ridley? Why did you even loving bother.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Geo Fixer posted:

Why the heck hasn't there been an HD remake of Metroid Prime? I bet if Nintendo ported the Prime Trilogy to the Wii U they would make a killing.

They already have Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii, I don't know if they'll do another remake so soon.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Were there any new franchises that fit into those five years?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
See in terms of offering characters, Xenoblade's really the only one (cursory glance at what Pushmo is exactly told me that the main character is a blob or something, and while it worked for Kirby and Jigglypuff it sounds more like stage material).

Though looking at my 3DS has reminded me Layton exists. How likely is it Level-5 would cooperate? A puzzle Final Smash would own, though it wouldn't really work on Wii U I guess.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

GenericMartini posted:

First they make Yoshi stand up now this, I mean just look at that rainbow.

:aaaaa:

It all finally makes sense.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Space Pirates are canonically dumb idiots who don't know what they're doing 100% of the time, whether fighting, researching, or worshipping.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Color Printer posted:

If we're going with that, it should have been Crazy Hand controlling Tabuu controlling Master Hand :colbert:

Crazy Hand was being tricked into controlling Tabuu by Ocelot.

You only find out about this after the credits when Ocelot calls Sakurai.

e: "Yes, no one ever figured out that I was the one tricking Crazy Hand into controlling Tabuu controlling Master Hand ordering Ganondorf ordering Bowser ordering Wario. Mr Sakurai."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Shouldn't Greninja's tongue be consistently on one side though?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Yeah Link hasn't switched hands since the Oracle games, and even then, when he faced up or down he'd use the left hand.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

TaurusOxford posted:

I'd be down for a playable Blaziken. gently caress Mudkip and Treecko though.

A friend and I were actually talking about this the other day - assuming we haven't seen any unlockable characters yet, and considering that the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming, Blaziken wouldn't be a half bad choice to add - it's well suited to a fighting game, it'd help build hype for the remakes, it has a Mega Evolution all prepared to be a Final Smash, it'd be suitable as an unlockable.

The one downside we came up with is that they'd just make it into Captain Falcon v3.0, with the moveset making sense for arguably the first time :v:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Meta and Omega Ridley confirmed.

Regular Ridley's still too big though.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

less laughter posted:

Why can Olimar be blown up by a factor of dozens to partcipate in the game, but Ridley not shrunk down for the same purpose?

You think the Smash Brothers have that kind of technology mate? You're dreaming.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Suspicious Cook posted:

ZSS's heels mean there's going to be a Raiden clone instead. He'll also wear the Zero Suit.

"Zero Suit Raiden cuts in!"

*is just a head in a jar*

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Fifty one characters? :crossarms:

Also where's Bowser, Megaman, so on so forth.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Supercar Gautier posted:

Why would "Colors" have a separate menu?

Nintendo is finally introducing rave functionality to Smash.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Butt Ghost posted:

Who is that supposed to be next to Zelda? Are those green things Little Mac's gloves?

Presumably Link but this thing is pretty clearly fake so I'm not sure why we're still dissecting it.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

TARDISman posted:

Mario's shoe is about to get hosed up. I gotta say the overall range of expressions for the entire cast really blows me away. Sure, all the best are still DK's but still!

It's King Dedede, not Dedede King.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, where are the Digletts and Dugtrios??

Pokemon Stadium 2 stage.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

TARDISman posted:

Here's my question, is the stage boss going to be a level 20 Swordmaster or will it just be Anna running around kicking everyone in the shins?

Look into your heart and you will find the answer.

Ridley.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Uh correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that layout pretty much the GameCube one?

ie the best one?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

greatn posted:

Nah its a pretty dumb layout. You'd have to have some pretty heavily tinted nostalgia glasses to think that's a good button arrangement.

I don't know, certainly for Smash I always found it to be a really good controller and that's clearly what it's being marketed for. Z button and C stick could use some work but otherwise it's really good for it, what with the primary attack button being large and in the centre of the set and your thumb being able to slide in a curve along B A and X easily.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Pac Man would be an abomination no matter which form and I can only hope and pray that Nintendo sees the light and gives us our one true messiah, Ridley, hallowed is His name.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Panic Restaurant posted:

I really want them to announce Chrom, show him off, and then- BAM! His sword's clashing with the Monado! Shulk's in! And then Ridley swoops down and carries them both off onto King K. Rool's ship and also Geno is there

Cherche is in, but she's riding Ridley!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Throwing down the gauntlet: anyone who has been in at least two Smash games is back.

:cool:

Really though why would they cut Ice Climbers when we even have evidence of representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Literally everyone reading this thread meets those criteria.

• Locked thread