Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It would be kinda cool if the figures could work as DLC characters that work across multiple games, with the option of just doing the normal dlc thing and ignoring the figures if you want to, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ROB wearing his cloak of shame is hilarious.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If the figures ever contain DLC characters, they would be sure to put that DLC on the eshop too. One of the ideas Nintendo is playing around with this is having the figures be used in different games, and it makes zero sense to have multiple dlcs and extra content for many different games lock down to a figure without the option of getting that content from the eshop.

Its a possibility, but it is a bit crazy to get this paranoid immediately.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sire Oblivion posted:

Why? Because it's dark? This is one dumb-rear end post.

Anyway, that wireless GameCube pad looks legit.

Its dark and ugly. Its still fun but that doesn't mean its bland. It makes bland look good, but again its still bland.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Do people actually look at move lists in other fighters? I pretty much learn moves by just playing intuitively and realizing "oh that is the order to do this cool thing." It just seems natural to learn stuff by analyzing what you are doing. You might not learn ever possible move this way, but you'll know most.

I do prefer smash's clutter free style when it comes to moves though.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 13, 2014

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Peach is passive aggressive royalty rude, Daisy is tomboy rude.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hi a fightstick is a toy too, bye.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Beef Waifu posted:

Yes and they are both tails.

~TAILS CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hate the scarf, not the man

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cleretic posted:

Doesn't exactly match the case here, but pretty much everything in Valve's catalog are from mods. Dota, Team Fortress, Counter-Strike... hell, I think Half-Life is the only one that isn't.

Portal.

I was going to make a joke about Ricochet but that was a half life mod too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
In a surprise twist that no one but me saw coming its Boo. He is going to turn up as a screamer though at the end of someone else's a new challenger approaches video and its going to be really spooky and make me jump out of my chair.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Bomberman would be the best if you can also lay down breakable blocks and not just bombs.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait a minute what

what?

what.

what!

seriously what guys what

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Rayman, Ridley, and the kid from the Wizard confirmed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sakurai is the new character

Sakurai
Trolls in!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I haven't been this weirded out by video game hype literally ever

please do not post with that avatar in this thread because it just pains me that frog isn't in smash yet

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The video opens with Sakurai speaking, well you can't really call it speaking because he is just kinda mumbling gibberish. Slowly though you start to notice a pattern forming, the words become clearer. Suddenly, you understand, "And due to this new partnership with Sony we can now announce a character many of you have been waiting to interact with for a long time. So here is the trailer for Trico from The Last Guardian."

The screen goes black. There is a large roar. Ridley bursts through your computer screen, he is too big for your screen. You die.

Everyone dies.

Sakurai laughs. Laughs. laguhs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hot sauce posted:

Forgot to check this thread for a few days, come back to there now being 4 androgynous anime people with blue hair as characters. Is this the whole announcement or are there any other characters revealed?

Yeah they announced Patrick Star because they want some western cartoons to balance out the anime.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shadowlyger posted:

Sure it does. It would easily double their workload to add character customization to a game mode that has no character customization. Not to mention in-story acknowledgements of the other characters, since it wouldn't make sense for you to magically snap back to being the main character in cutscenes.

I mean hell, I'm not even GETTING the new Asscreed but this outrage is still loving stupid.

You are kinda a dumbass who doesn't know what they're talking about.

You are backing the wrong horse.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bongo Bill posted:

I'd say something like "That sure has a lot to do with Smash Bros" but I think I prefer rehashing how stupid the Assassin's Creed situation is over people arguing over exactly how anime is too anime for Smash Bros.

I want to know when too much anime became a bad thing.

Nobody had problems with Snake and he is the most anime western action movie character that is also an anime.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Megasabin posted:

So we get a female Marth? Literally another small agile blue haired character with a sword? Awesome, it's not like there's ton of other unique characters who could be put in the game or anything. At least Robin looks unique.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatn posted:

Kojima and Konami didn't look at the contract good enough. Nintendo doesn't have to ask, and can now use Snake in any capacity. He's next in Mario Pary 11.

Every time he hits the dice its a !
Every time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sire Oblivion posted:

Well color me surprised, oh well those games trash so who gives a gently caress. Hahaha. Do want Snake back though.

how wrong can one person be??

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TaurusOxford posted:

Guys, I think he was calling NES Metal Gear trash, not MGS3...

Yeah I know that.
Its a bad opinion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Waffleman_ posted:

NES Metal Gear is garbage, though. The MSX version is the proper version.

All Metal Gear is good.

All.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DrPaper posted:

No, NES Metal Gear is not good. It's literally missing half the game and plays like poo poo.

All.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A cool thing would be if Ridley was a stage hazard, but if you beat him he never shows up anymore and joins your roster.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Bayonetta is in, so is Vamp because he is the male verison of a hyper-exaggerated sex appeal character.

Sadly this means Snake is out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this just in, Ridley is in the game but has been robotized by Dr. Eggman, you play as Dr. Eggman and run around with the remote controlling Ridley trying to avoid combat as much as possible, only fighting with the robot Ridley.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

Iunno, the speedometer thing only really worked in boss battles, and even then only just. It's a fakey real-time thing, and it only barely holds together. Either just make the combat real-time or just make it turn-based. Trying to artificially create a sort of hurry to execute commands in a turn-based context mostly just feels hollow.

And I thought the rhythm thing in Mother 3 was really dumb. Then again I also didn't like the battle music. Also I thought the writing in both games had its moments but was mostly just dull. Pleasantly dull, but still dull. Also I literally hate joy.

drat it, how am I suppose to say you hate joy if you beat me to it!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fadam posted:

Hey remember when I called Robin's dumbshit spell "ammo" thing on Monday and you all yelled at me and told me I was wrong?

You can all apologise whenever. I don't have PMS so post them here please.

I think people were yelling at you more just because you are a bad poster and they figured you were probably wrong and hey this is a good excuse to yell at a bad poster.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

A good way to make sales is to mock your biggest fans.

Fans never notice.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I actually liked the MGS4 ending, it was just everything else that sucked.

Oh, Nanomachines have been confirmed to be in Smash.

Not Snake just Nanomachines.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah Ridley is suppose to be pretty intelligent, he is actually one of the leaders in the whole space pirates organization, not just their attack dog.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We just need a game called, "Ridley and his Gang of Outrageous Space Pirates!"
I would play it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My favorite thing about the thumbs down is Samus narrating to you what the thumbs down means and symbolizes while doing it, as if it was some new radical gesture.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Other M is a piece of poo poo and those responsible for it are pieces of poo poo too.

Now can we talk about the fact that Boo needs to be in Smash Bros because he is really cute and a ghost?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Boo's block could be covering up his eyes and putting his back towards the other players, it would be super cute.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Captain Toad would be interesting in that he is a character that can't jump. Maybe he just wills ladders into existence when he needs to get up high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Suspicious Cook posted:

Nintendo should make an Animal Crossing style game, only with various Nintendo franchises going about their mundane, daily lives instead of animals.

Nintendo should make an Animal Crossing style game, only with goombas and koopas going about their mundane, daily lives.

occasionally a plumber comes in and massacres all your neighbors though

• Locked thread