Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

I can't wait to try out RighteousRocket, main for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

TheComicFiend posted:

Maybe a new Mii Fighter hat?

You reckon we'll see costume DLC microtransactions? Or maybe something like that with Amiibo?
Looking forward to regretting buying Smash Co. Keys.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I think we've known that for a while, actually.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I've been considering selling my original 3DS and getting an XL soon, is there a noticeable difference between using the two different versions, and would people with an XL have an advantage over other players online? I can't imagine it's too significant past comfort, and it's not like it'll be the first Smash game to have people fighting using slightly different controllers.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I imagine playing Smash with the 3D on would not be the most comfortable thing to do, maybe something you try once. It probably even lowers the framerate a little bit, which you definitely don't want.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Huh, would have to upgrade my SD card then, have ordered a 3DS XL though, which I believe comes with 4GB. I may just stick with physical though...

sout
Apr 24, 2014

That's true, it would be nice to have it built-in, and it's no trouble getting an SD card. My birthday is a few days before the release of the game though, so it may be easier to get it physical as a present. 3DS games are also usually cheaper physical (at least in the UK), so there's an argument for either.
EDIT: cheaper than from the eShop that is, though I may be able to get a download code cheaper from a game store online, which is how I got Fire Emblem: Awakening

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Rated: Other M

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I remember some people I know predicting Shulk may have the ability to turn back time in the game, which would be a pretty goddamn annoying feature, so obviously that wouldn't happen. But what could his gimmick be? I don't know really, attacking from different directions (side, back, front) doing different damages maybe would be interesting, or incorporating the Break, Topple, Daze combo somehow.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Maybe it's because I'm not a massive Metroid fan, but I seriously do not get why people like Ridley so much.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm very happy Shulk is in the game though, I loved Xenoblade and I can see myself playing a lot of him. However, if this turns out to actually be faked, people (myself included) are gunna be so loving smug and it'll be great.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Is there anyone who isn't excited by the prospect of DLC? In a full price fighting game it seems important that everyone should have access to the same characters without having to pay extra to potentially have an advantage.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Endorph posted:

yeah but on the other hand DLC allows character additions after the game comes out

This is true, but when something is "planned DLC" it basically just means they were already intending to put it in anyway. Unless it's literally an issue of time constraints.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

What is this Tharja thing people are talking about? I didn't actually notice anything like that.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

My brother mainly played Squirtle and he's disappointed he's been cut. He would have been a more likely returning character than Ivysaur though, let's be honest. Middle evolution of possibly the least popular Gen 1 starter.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Duck Hunt seems like it potentially be Ice Climbersish, since it shows the dog and duck in frame, or it could just be like King Dedede or Diddy Kong and be able to make the ducks to throw at people or something.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

What a bunch of jokers

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm skeptical about the "final five" because if this was supposed to be a video that showed all the content of the game, they wouldn't exclude characters.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dunban posted:

We don't care about these, actually, It's just nazis and violence that the rating agency here has a problem with.

It seems like some of the most recent censors have been due to anal probing (South Park, Saint's Row) so maybe specifically sexual violence is a big no-no.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I hate fun, so I seriously don't believe there's a necessity for 5 more characters to be unknown just because of the layout of the character select screen, I feel like everything would have to have been shown to the ESRB.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Hackers reveal the entire 2gb of content is a single, empty text file entitled "ridley.txt"

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Well, I'm super excited about Shulk, Xenoblade was a great game. Also looks like Trinity attack is the final smash, so we get to have super-manly Dunban and Riki too.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

They announce a new 3DS right after I get my XL... Oh well, guess I'm gunna get rekt online.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Really don't wanna buy a new 3DS or use the Circle Pad Pro. I imagine it's fine for Smash Bros, because most of my friends won't have one, but hopefully the controls for Xenoblade work fine.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I've never used an XL circle pad pro, but I can imagine it's quite cumbersome. Then again, I have used the Wii U Gamepad soooo....

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I think the new 3DS isn't leaving Japan until 2015 though, so I don't think a Smash bundle is gunna happen in NA or UK where I am.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

JordanKai posted:

Very nice. :waycool:

He's rocking that six pack that probably shouldn't be there

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I take back anything I ever said ever.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

...so even if it's Rhythm Heaven People, Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Mewtwo...

who's the last character???

Maybe some Mii clones: Xbox Avatars/Playstation Home Clones

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Is it because, like Roy, he's there to advertise something coming, rather than/in addition to something already here?

Or is it just because he's British?

Shulk may not necessarily be involved in the next game, (Xenoblade Chronicles X) unless you were talking about the Xenoblade remake. I suppose it does introduce more people to the Xeno series though.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

less laughter posted:

It's just a port.

Yep, you're right.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Butt Ghost posted:

I've been meaning to play Xenoblade once I muster up $60-$100. Now that it's coming to 3DS, I considered getting that, but it looked like a lower-end Dreamcast game and seemed really slow. I assume the Wii version looks better, but was it also faster?

Nope, not really.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Erebus posted:

Is Xenoblade actually good or is it one of those games like Nier that a bunch of nerds claim is an underappreciated classic but it's actually mediocre at best.

I haven't played any other RPGS on the Wii, so I can safely say it's the best RPG on the Wii. I really enjoyed it, but I had to take a few breaks with the game before I beat it, my run was relatively short, only 75 hours or so.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I really enjoyed my playthrough of Xenoblade and the soundtrack, but I totally saw it as a "podcast game" inbetween cutscenes and boss fights because there are definitely some grindy sections in it. I've been playing FE:A on classic and hard recently and ran out of steam at around chapter 22, it's fun but man I suck at it.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I actually really wanted to be able to play as Rayman, he's totally in my bullshit-fantasy-final-five.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm going to main a blue-haired anime Mii swordsman, for the purest Smash experience.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Excels posted:

or a spice girls 3DS

Spice 3D World. Or is it 3D Land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

lodged in his rectum

often referred to as "the inventory"