Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Scyther :colbert:

Also Greninja is so amazing, I just hope some other IPs get some representation. Nintendo, you finally have some kickass new IPs in Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade, don't let them just fall by the wayside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

How reasonable is the idea that there will be some sort of Multiple Final Smashes, similar to how you can select Ultras in Street Fighter IV?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

One thing I forgot to note is that Mega Man Volnutt being in the final smash for Mega Man has reminded me that Servbots should be in most games but are in very few.

They should put in Eddie as an Assist Trophy. 90% of the time he just throws out a piece of food, but every now and then he gives you a smash ball or a maxim tomato.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Space T Rex posted:

Oh this reminds me, like someone else already said, why the gently caress doesnt skull kid crash a moon into the stage?!?!

He does. But it only works if the match lasts for 72 hours.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

To be fair, the developers gave Waluigi a surprising amount of personality than most of the other Sports only Mario characters like Daisy and whatnot. Between his crotch chopping in Mario Strikers, his mugging for the camera in Mario Golf, and the Tuxedo-Mask Rose he pulls out in Mairo party, it makes him pretty memorable.

That, and he's the best.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I am Reverend posted:

Charizard is lame, Pikachu's lame, Lucario is ultra lame. Put in Piplup, it was the best pokemon in Brawl.

Look at this nerd. Can't even spell "Gulpin" correctly.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

How big is the Earthbound Franchise in Japan?

I know over here it has a pretty big cult following and is beloved enough that people fan-translated Mother 3, but I'm always curious as to the series' popularity on its native soil.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

PrBacterio posted:

Add Malo to smash :colbert:

Add Mallow to smash

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Since the only two recent console Fire Emblem's are Ike's, it'd be pretty hilarious if they put in a local from either Radiance/Radiant games but cut Ike for Chrom.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

nerdbot posted:

Download a ton of Gmod Mario models and take a look for yourself--big Mario titles (Sunshine, Galaxy etc.) use unique models but the sports/kart games share assets. If you count them as major, New Super Mario Bros. games are an exception, they use the stock models. I'm sure I didn't need to tell you that corners were cut on the NSMB games, though. 3D World's the first time they've done HD models for the Mario characters.

Smash games tend not to cut corners with models short of trophies, which I respect a lot--Brawl and Melee both resulted in the first time some of the original 151 got a new model since Pokemon Stadium.

They did reuse the models a lot for a lot of the pokemon though. It's really jarring to see a high-res model of Ike or King Deedeedee standing right a low-poly count Pokemon.

They seem to have updated that for Smash 4 though.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Pac-Man works because Video Games, unlike most media, you can get away with have a limited or 1-dimensional personality and still be endearing because if their games are fun or engaging it can make up for it ways other forms of media can't.

He's like the anti-Waluigi, people want him in because of what he represents to video games as a whole, rather than they find themselves personally attached to the character.

Also, how many rock songs and Major Disney Releases have you been featured in. I thought so :colbert:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Space T Rex posted:

Who was the anime man with the keysword and Disney friends? I never even played it but that was the dumbest thing ever. Was that even nintendo though? May have been Sony actually...I don't remember. If it was nintendo, he better not be a possibility.

That's Son Broku, Broest of the animes.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

It's kind of impressive that Ice Climbers didn't get another game. Pit got Uprising, Mr. Game and Watch got the Game and Watch gallery games, ROB showed up in Mario Kart, Ice Climbers got jack and poo poo.

They'd have to retool the series the same way they did Kid Icarus, because the original Ice Climbers game is kind of poo poo.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Space T Rex posted:

Keyswords and Disney friends.

Julius Belmont was in two good games

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

So hey, Kuribo's shoe should be an item.

gently caress Waluigi, gently caress Ridley, gently caress Pac-Man, gently caress all the animes from all the RPGs, we NEED this.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Real Talk it would be nice to have a new character from a new Nintendo IP that came out after Pikmin that's not from Wii Fit, Shulk could fit that bill.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 15, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Excels posted:

They should add the Seahawks.

But I want to win matches.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

They just won the Super Bowl this year. The Mariners are the bad team.

I'm as bad at jokes as the Lions are at football

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

They should have the Alien from Megaman 2 be the stage hazard. The only way to beat it is to use Mario's FLUDD.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Automatically loses to any character with cleavage.

DK is gonna be a rough match up for him

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Curiously, far less "when's Waluigi."

Is there a Japanese equivalent of this? Is there some obscure character the Japanese just have to have in the game?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

You describe that as if it weren't a sane fetish.

It's not so much that it's not absolutely insane, it's just an insanity you get accustomed after a few years on the internet to where it no longer surprises you that there's a dedicated community of people that want Osmosis Jones and the bald guy from Murder one to hook up under the bleacher's at Veronica Mars' College.

Everyone who's been on deviantart is qualified to be in a mental institution, either as a patient or as an Administrator.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Steering the conversation in a slightly different direction, what are the odds of Meta Knight and possibly someone else from Kirby getting back in. Next to DDD and Kirby himself, he's the biggest part of the Kirby universe. I know Sakurai said he didn't want to over-represent his own series, but Kirby is pretty huge in Japan I hear, and even though MK was broken in brawl, I still enjoyed him and hope he makes it back.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Marth Organism Designed Only for Kawaii.

Biological Intelligence Shoe Horned Into Entertainment

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Pixeltendo posted:

Zamus and Marth aren't the only ones with broken bodies!

Phallic Imagry: The Video Game

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Play your cards right ladies and that could be your bell he's ringing

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

THE loving MOON posted:

I guess Nintendo is under the assumption that people still go to Best Buy and that it's not a not-so-slowly dying retail chain.

It's a perfect match for the Wii U then!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Give it enough time, and any thread goons post in will eventually be about pizza.

Or Gun Control.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

DrPaper posted:

Which was a special circumstance because Kojima and Sakurai are friends and Kojima's son wanted to play as one of his dad's characters in Smash.

Shinji Mikami needs to start taking Sakurai out for drinks after work so that we can get the real Character we've all wanted in Smash Bros for years:

Ramon Salazar's Right Hand Comes Off For Battle

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

I wonder if they'd have anything Epic Yarn related since it wasn't originally supposed to even be a Kirby game.

Starfox Adventures wasn't originally a Starfox game, but Krystal managed to weasel her way into the last Smash Game, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Not having Wonder Red as a playable character seems like a real missed opportunity.

The Wii U is struggling, and Smash Bros may be one of the biggest chances to save it, and since half the point of SSB is getting people excited about other Nintendo games, playing as Wonder Red might've enticed people to try out Wonderful 101 the way Marth and Roy got people interested in Fire Emblem.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Daisy and Waluigi team up Ice-Climbers style as Team Awkward Date.

Edit: AwkWWWAAAArd Date.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 9, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm anticipating him posting a pic of like...a Meta Knight trophy before actually confirming the return of Meta Knight proper.

Is this before or after we get Bandana Dee confirmed playable?

(This is why King Deedeedee no longer throws Waddle Dees).

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

SSE would have been fantastic if they had played the entire concept for laughs.

You know that scene where all the Pikmin are fighting the Giant Rob, then Captain Falcon shows up in his car, punches the robot, and then does a dramatic pose slide that kills every single one of the Pikmin he was trying to help?

Every cutscene in the SSE should have been that.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Raserys posted:

The most important thing this confirms is the return of "WE LIKE IKE!"

Yeah but Roy's our boy :colbert:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

His brawl quotes were the weirdest poo poo because literally none of them were things he actually said at any point in the games or even all that in-character for him.

"You'll get no sympathy from me" fits. Ike in Radiant Dawn wasn't afraid to cut a bitch if need be. Probably all the roid rage he's clearly suffering from.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The fact that there's not a big budget Adult Swim Smash Bros Knock Off is a goddamn national tragedy.

I want to use Meatwad and Master Shake to beat up Space Ghost and the Adrian Barbobot.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Reggie himself isn't a selectable character per se, but he's the 10th alternate costume. For Every Character.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Chaltab posted:

Where's he been? :rimshot:

Napping :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Pokemon models look so much nicer than they did in the last two games. The fact that they were very obviously using the low poly-count N64 Pokemon Stadium models was really apparent in Melee and REALLY apparent in Brawl.

• Locked thread