Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kurtofan posted:

More new items:

The chain chomp assist trophy got a big smile out of me. I'm surprised it wasn't in the game sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Sad that King Dedede isn't throwing Waddle Dees anymore. :(

The king can do as he likes!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Man the more I watch the Greninja trailer the more fun he looks to play. He isn't anywhere near my list of favorite Pokemon but he is the best of the new starters and they do a good job selling him in the trailer

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TARDISman posted:

Where did the idea for Ridley not being too big for the game come from anyways? I mean he's always been portrayed as a huge goddamn space dragon except for on the NES Metroid because I'm pretty sure the NES would melt if it had to deal with anything that huge moving that fast.

Because who gives a poo poo about how big he is in the games? Bowser is a different size every game, Olimar should be like the size of a penny to the other fighters. I don't care about Ridley being in Smash that much besides him being cool looking (I don't really like the Metroid games), but his size in the regular games shouldn't matter.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So there's no way Jigglypuff is out and I'm still expecting a surprise Mewtwo announcement. I don't envy the Smash team cause they have to control themselves and not just make half the roster Pokemon :v: There's so many to choose from!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't really mind unlockable characters, especially in the 3DS version where I won't always have an internet connection and will be doing single player stuff. But I still want them to announce all the characters ahead of time, even just putting them behind a spoiler warning like the Dojo did it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Excels posted:

They should add the Seahawks.

I'd be okay with a "Madden NFL Player" character where all his moves are football based

Edit: I'd want his model to look as realistic as possible while fighting like Kirby and Yoshi

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

If I won the lottery I'd give some of my money to game xplain to buy a new voiceover guy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

Dedede still makes the best faces:

That Greninja downward attack is badass.

Loving how they're pushing Dedede's expressions to 11. Once again he's the best character :cool:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'd love it if they brought back Ivysaur. If only because I like the idea of a four legged fighter. Pikachu fills that role when running but Ivysaur felt unique. I liked that he ran around on all fours and his vines did all the hand work

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There's no way Metaknight isn't back. I mean Kirby only has like those 3 guys as reoccurring main characters in the series. Any other returning guys are like, minions or rain clouds or crying trees

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zero Suit alt costume for Wario please. High heels and all

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pixeltendo posted:

Zamus and Marth aren't the only ones with broken bodies!

What even is Link's gameplan here? Learn how to fight "Hero" of Hyrule

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm not sorry

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TARDISman posted:

Oh Reggie... You could tell all Nintendo fans to go gently caress themselves and you'd still be more charming than the other two guys combined.

I love Reggie. He's goofy and he has stage presence and he's a perfect fit for Nintendo's whole... I dunno, image. People seem to be like UGH BUT MEMES when it comes to him but whatever. There's a reason he was pretty much always the one stage at Nintendo's stuff

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Some people never learned the meaning of the phrase "pick your battles."

I seriously know a person who refuses to watch Pendleton Ward cartoons because she finds them sexist. It's ridiculous.

I think the Zero Suit Samus thing is a problem, but I have to know if that person you know has actually like... watched Adventure Time? Like of all the shows that person could pick

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm curious if they're going to encourage the players to A) pick the new characters B) don't just go for the boring flat stages and C) play with items on?

I mean it's a tournament so I imagine the competitors want to play with competitive rules, but on the other hand this is 100% a promotional tool and they'd want to have them show off all the game has to offer. Or perhaps they'll have for glory and for fun matches at this invitational thing to show off both.

I don't play competitively, but I think it's really cool how they included Final Destination versions of most of the stages.

DrPaper posted:

I'm hoping they do something special at the end of the tournament. Like rig it so in the final match the winner is suddenly slammed with a "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" event to show off someone big, like Mewtwo returning or something.

:psyduck: That would be genius

Excels posted:

It's the Yogscast guy with new DLC!

I would legit be okay with Simon from the Yogscast being a special DLC for Smash Bros real talk

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm surprised to see that character in any form so that's pretty cool. I like his design.

I don't know what nerds' obsession is with that Miku whatever anime girl, first the Sonic Racing Transformed thread and now here. If she were to get into Smash Bros it'd be a dark day indeed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wario dressed as Hatsune Miku

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Lets all agree that we need beach party costumes DLC for smash.

Um this would be amazing no lie. Yoshi wearing an inner tube. Sonic wearing his arm floaties and sunglasses. Mario in a beachy mario sunshine gettup with like a hawaiin shirt. Wario in a speedo. Peach in like a 1950s style swimsuit. Toon Link with a pail and toy shovel instead of a sword and shield. Zero Suit Samus in an outfit sure to make everyone mad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

How Rude posted:

Kirby Triple Deluxe looks absolutely beautiful with 3D, lots of neat effects where objects get pushed from background to foreground, also affecting the gameplay somewhat.
If there is one thing I absolutely love Nintendo for it is utilizing their hardware to the fullest in some of their games.

Well on the 3DS anyway :v: *glares at the WiiU*

But yeah the Nintendo games, the 3D is usually really awesome. Expect Pokemon. Don't even loving bother with that poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Excels posted:

I didn't mean to imply the 3D is bad; Mostly I was just curious if it had become a more worthwhile feature. Sounds like people really like it, so I guess the stuff about people getting headaches blew over?

3D just won't agree with some people and they'll get headaches. But if you can handle the 3D no problems, it makes games really come alive

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Endorph posted:

Mega Evolution is only Charizard's final smash. Lucario's could still function in a different way.

I doubt it. In the Greninja trailer you could see Lucario's eyes glowing yellow which is what happens when you have a final smash

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

...? Why would that indicate that Lucario's Final Smash would be a Mega Transformation?

Because he... was in his mega evolution form? :confused:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pokemon Trainer is out (I imagine). Charizard is his own character now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

I think its definitely going to be only those 4 villagers they already showed.

2 boys, 2 girls. Then again, the boys have different haircuts, while the girls have the same, so maybe I'm wrong. But maybe they were just lazy. Like I said, each of those haircuts takes development time.

That looks a good bit better than 3DS quality. Maybe they could have, like I said, but Nintendo doesn't go for that sort of thing.

Actually I'm really glad they made a version of the male villagers like the one on the left. I mean the only real difference is the eyes, but it seemed weird that the villager model they chose to use wasn't the one straight from the newest 3DS version. The other villager model looks a lot more like the New Leaf version.

And yeah I really hope we're in for a bunch more alt costumes that aren't just recolors. At least one for each character would be cool.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The textures and hair make it look different enough I guess?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

She's an assist trophy actually :eng101:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

majormonotone posted:

If you thought that the SSE cutscenes were supposed to be taken seriously that's a problem with you, not with the game

The only ones I can really remember that are at all somewhat serious are the Ness/Lucas scenes, the Marth/Ike/Metaknight scenes and the one Ganondorf scene where he's in the big room full of TVs. And then in those cases, you have Ness and Lucas interacting with loving Pokemon which comes off all rather silly. The Marth, Ike and Metaknight scene is very action movie scene with them all at each other's backs surrounded by the enemy. But Metaknight is so silly looking compared to the two anime dudes.

The final boss was a bit too final fantasy I guess but then I guess that was so ridiculous it wrapped back around to goofy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

majormonotone posted:

Who in Smash Bros is most likely to be a time lord? Please research and let us know tia

Mario: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario%27s_Time_Machine

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well the Halberd has Metaknight's face on it so I think by extension Metaknight is part of like half the SSE :v:

But yeah Dedede is basically the hero of the SSE

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tabuu should've been revealed to be hanging from strings that Master Hand was controlling like a puppet

Why on earth was Master Hand not the end villain.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Haha the sad face

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

That would be really cool when it happened if you had no idea it was going to. In reality, everyone will know all the secret characters and their unlock requirements by launch and it would end up annoying because people would be sitting there playing pokeball-only matches for hours hoping for the lucky drop.

Pokeball only matches are awesome though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Boooooooring. Where is Wario

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zain posted:

Oh hell yeah. Though the whip could give him too much range on auto attacks? Either way Casltevania is a superior product so anybody they get in the game is okay in my books.

I'm surprised Simon Belmont hasn't been added. I feel like he'd have a pretty unique moveset, you could even have him somewhat control like the old games, and even though Castlevania has been on other systems he very much feels like a Nintendo character/property.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Wario is all but confirmed, we even saw his symbol on two assist trophies. It's more interesting to learn about a character we weren't sure was going to make it.

Well of course he's in, but Ike is boring anime farts and Wario is awesome. There's still farts but

Crawfish posted:

I don't know man, we're already at four confirmed Pokemon already, with Jiggs all but surely returning as well.

If we're getting any more Pokemon in this game my bets are on Mewtwo, but even those chances are low.

Jigglypuff is back no question, and I still am expecting them to have a surprise MEWTWO IS BACK announcement at E3.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Calaveron posted:

The shoulda gone for broke and have LWB Link.
Speaking of, haven't played that game. Should I get it? I hear good things about it.

Yes it's a really loving good game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I couldn't really get into LttP but I love LBW. There are probably tons of references to the old game but you don't need to play the LttP at all to enjoy LBW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

When they have demos of Smash they aren't going to have Megaman unavailable of all characters.

• Locked thread