Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Spacebump posted:

A Dunk Hunt stage

MARIO HOOPS 3 on 3!!!!

Come on Square, you know you want in on this sweet smash bros. action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I would slap down ten dollars easy for a Veiwtiful Joe skin for Captain Falcon.
If that makes me a terrible gamer so be it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I hope they at least have someone who plays like Wolf, if he isn't coming back. His move set was weird as heck, Wolf and DeDeDe are far and away the characters I had the most fun playing with (honorable mention for Charizard).

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I always thought it would be funny if the camera only took the 3 other players into account when framing the fight. Like the game is actively ignoring him.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That gif is hilarious, but I don't watch wrestling. Out of curiosity, why is he doing that originally?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

as if dark souls will ever be on a nintendo console

This is what everyone said about resident evil before RE4 was announced.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Someone post that drawing of two people playing smash where one guy is frowning while thinking about angles and graphs, and the other dude is smiling while thinking about falcon punching. I can't find it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Why? Everyone I talked with in line today was super excited to play the game regardless of why they play it or at what skill level. People have fun at tournaments, and fun in their living room. That picture is dumb as hell and I'm tired of Bipartisan, Politicized Smash.

I just wanted to see it. Sorry, drat!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

F. Lobot posted:

Pikachu always gets the shaft.

Hahaha thank you!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

jivjov posted:

Y'know, you can correct someone without sounding like an aggressive rear end in a top hat about it...

You still haven't figured out where you are, have you?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I can't wait to see the options for all the B moves.

That's probably my favorite thing they have mentioned game play-wise.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

HJE-Cobra posted:

It is nice that summer extends all the way to October these days.

You should write them a stern email.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Endorph posted:

I tried but they just told me Dracula's magic was to blame.

At least you tried, it's all we unfortunate gamers can do in the face of such unbelievable betrayal.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Has anyone else clicked the movie list on the official site, after thinking it said move list and getting to excited to actually read it.
I just did it for the second time.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Endorph posted:

It has a movie reel next to it.

It could be videos of the moves.:(

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Do they show the different variations for the b-moves?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Suspicious Cook posted:

I hope her other two beams are the Spazer Beam which will pierce opponents and the Ice Beam which would work like a Freezie when charged.

Man, I want to use this stuff in at least "For Fun" online. Why does Nintendo hate and fear the internet? :negative:

Spazer splits the shot into 3, plasma is the one that goes through enemies.

I hope wave beam is one just for the hilarity.

The Bee posted:

They didn't show, but you could see some unlock names in Smash Run mode. I personally ended up encountering Giant Blow for DK's up B and Melee Charge Shot for Samus' up B. Those names at the very least give me hope of having some more unique options rather than a bunch of \attribute swaps.

That owns! I was thinking it was just going to be stuff like stronger/slower faster/weaker stuff.

(give mario back his pills nintendo!)

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 17, 2014

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

Are you telling me 2.6+ million people sat down and watched an in-depth analysis of who would win in a fight between tails and luigi?

Over the internet no less! What a time to be alive.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Surlaw posted:

That's normal for ghosts you weirdo.

Ghostbusters 2 is gross!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

FighterKnuckles posted:

She never actually says this.

I think surlaw was referring to making a pac-man thread.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

pichupal posted:

Leadthumb, why did you even come here?

I like smash bros.

In my defense, surlaw's post made sense after timp's post.

edit: Awww Stafy :3:

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 19, 2014

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Trying to convince people that smash is a legit fighting game is pretty embarrassing imo

There's two sides to that coin.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

There are ancient pictographs depicting 2 foxes on a barren plane.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I hope it's Ganon.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

It could be tails right? Sonic was already in the last one, it would make sense to expand on that.

There could be another namco offering on the way still too, they would try to get as much of their IP in that game as possible.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Is there any other big gaming mascot from the snes era as big as Mario/Link/Sonic/Megaman? I feel like there is and I can't remember.

Oh god, Ryu. Capcom's already in the mix too, plus evo.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Sparkster!

:smith:

Don't remind me, that remake was terrible. :(

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Ew.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Aero the Acro-Bat for Smash.

Talking about bubsy and aero and old games made me remember.

TMNT was the only other game kids talked about on the playground as much as megaman when I was growing up. The arcade game was a staple in gaming.
There's no way in hell though, so oh well.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I haven't played the fire emblem games, but I understand that there is a whole sword/spear/axe thing to it.

Are all the main characters that people care about sword guys?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

It stands out especially when all the characters are so distinct, and then over there on the roster there's 2(possibly 3 this time) blue-haired anime sword guys.

It makes them feel really generic.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Man I really don't want to sound rude, but if you can't visually distinguish huge barbarian armor guy with bright yellow broadsword from lithe thin royal robes guy with slender sword guy because their hair is the same color (but not the same shape/style) then you might either be exaggerating or, I don't know. That's just weird.

I don't have a problem distinguishing them, it's just really boring.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I'm still holding out hope for one last totally out of nowhere reveal. They have always held something back for when the game actually comes out.
They already showed us Megaman so I can't wait to see what they have that will still wow everyone.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

We are all so excited and it's just going to be Bowser Jr. or Dixie or some poo poo.

(and then they reveal a Belmont, Ridley, and Mewtwo, then the internet explodes.)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Endorph posted:

Bowser Jr. is a boring character but if he used his paintbrush from Sunshine that could be a cool moveset.

Oh that would be great! It wouldn't be very surprising though.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Boshi.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The marble from marble madness.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I'm going to miss snake so much, he was one of the most entertaining characters by far. That slow rear end missile never got old.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Robin looks rad as hell. Looks like a trippy move set like mewtwo or ness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

There's 36 characters on the main page already, and they always have some that they don't even reveal. This is going to be the best game ever!

• Locked thread