Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

We clearly need a boombox and a cardboard mat for the beach party.

The best sports are bloodsports, so we should give these children a red cape and an angry bull.

Of course, the real cause of the death of the dinosaurs had to be covered up by the government, as they were killed by leaking nuclear waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
1-4:Barbecue and Surfboard
1-5:Basketball and Hoop
1-6:Evil Plaid Robots

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I like the way you have done the videos. No need to change them yet.

As for my picks:
1-4 indigo ice cream stand
1-5 Hockey pads and puck
1-6

Pixeltendo posted:

a GIANT EVIL FLYING BRAIN
:argh:
How about a Hungry Amphicoelias fragillimus? It grew so hungry that it switched to meat to survive.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Most goony beach party: Video Game Console, Soda
Brothers get closer in death? Fencing Foil and Fencing Mask.
What killed the 'saurs: Why a Giant Flaming Flying Immortal Evil Hungry Baby (Thanks Drakinguard!)

Also, I like the format, but it'd be cool if you could join the videos into one, like Episode 4, levels 3-5.

SystemLogoff fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 17, 2014

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
1-4 The party needs some fat beats and a break dancer.

1-5 These kids are thinking too small. Give 'em a coach and a stadium.

1-6 Nothing like a good plague to kick off an extinction-level event.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Might I say, man-tower was glorious.

1-4: Giant Cake, and Amorous Entertainer

1-5: Curling Stone and Curling Broom

1-6: Angry Acid Rain

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

1-4: Volleyball and Homoerotic Naval Aviators Sweaty Pilots are a key component of any respectable beach party.
1-5: Trousers and Angry Ferrets https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret_legging should provide some wholesome activities for the strapping lads.
1-6: Umm clearly the Bible says a Massive Flood killed the dinosaurs

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
1-4: Clearly what that beach party needs is matching towels and a Rock Lobster.
1-5: With a starting gun and a fast greyhound these boys'll be on their way to success!
1-6: Everyone knows the dinosaurs were squashed by a massive wooden ark.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Color Printer posted:

Where's the party? Kick things off by suggesting one or two things every beach party needs!

What's a beach party without some suncreen and a hunky lifeguard?

Color Printer posted:

These two completely identical step-brothers(?????) need to grow closer! Two objects from the same sport, please!

These boys need to broaden their horizons, let's get them a cute dollhouse and some poseable fashion dolls.

Color Printer posted:

What killed the dinosaurs? (No weapons or cheap asteroids!)

A cheap imitation cataclysm.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 15, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Beach parties need giant beelike sunglasses. Show them that sport is an analogy for the fundamental universal conflict with a demonic cricket ball and an angelic cricket bat. Finally, the Dinosaurs were wiped out by apocalyptic ebola.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
I think the video format works well Color Printer! It was neat to see your reaction to things, like the Racer for the car. Also interesting when you made not of the mechanic quirks, like the Starite Get animation retaining momentum. Looking forward to seeing more of this!

1-4: I think this Beach party needs a Radical Boombox and a Surfer Dude, brah

1-5: If there's one sport kids enjoy, surely it's Cricket! Give the a Cricket Bat and a Wicket

1-6: Don't believe those meteor myths! The most reliable news source in the world has told us exactly why dinosaurs went extinct. Toxic Flatulent Trex

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

1-4: Try a towel and a soda--so lame, they just might work.

1-5: Give them an undead glove and a blessed bat.

1-6: Activate the A-bomb, I dare ya.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The only thing I would say about the videos is to cut the parts where you get the starrite and restart the level to make it a bit tighter. If that's not too much work.

Make it a muscle beach party with a weightlifting bench.

Represent intellectual sports with a chess board and timer.

Obviously what killed the dinosaurs is a colossal flaming tennis ball

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

1-4: A Friendly Tiny Loch Ness Monster, because who wouldn't be excited to see ol' Nessy?

1-5: A Living Flying Baseball and a Magical Baseball Bat, because somtimes, you really need to hit it out of the park.

1-6: Obviously, an Evil Wizard killed the dinosaurs. Who could possibly stand up to his magnificent beard and vancian might?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

1-4:They clearly need a DJ
1-5: Give them a rapier and a regular sword.
1-6: Everyone knows Cthulhu killed the dinosaurs.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
1-4: Angry Wedding cake and a sad clown
1-5: Sharp baseballbat and a golden baseball.
1-6: A diseased hobo

This game is great. :allears: I'm occasionally toying around with it's follow up.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

1. Barbacoa de cabrito [barbecued goat]
2. Kokpar [goat carcass] and a horse for Buzkashi.
3. Baphomet destroyed them all.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
1-6: Giant Furious Battery feels appropriate.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
1-4: A sandcastle livens up any beach party.
1-5: Let's be boring and say a baseball and baseball bat
1-6: What else but a Cthulhu?

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
1-4: Broken Box's idea cannot be improved upon, so I won't try.
1-5: That looks like a nice summer day, so logically we should give them a Broom and a stone.
1-6: Evangelicals?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

For those who were concerned: don't worry, the later episodes will have more editing. This was an admittedly sort of sloppy and spur-of-the-moment test run that actually went over pretty alright. I'll probably end up merging the level videos into one big one per update, too.

Gear Router
Apr 1, 2011
1-4 <b>Beach ball</b> because and <b>Soda</b> because you can't bring alchol into the game
1-5 <b>Golf ball</b> and <b>Golf club</b> Clearly they will become gentlemen
1-6 a <b>Volcano</b> killed the dinosaurs.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Level 1-4

Where's the party? Kick things off by suggesting one or two things every beach party needs!

Colossal Purple Cooler and Microscopic Volleyball net

Level 1-5

These two completely identical step-brothers(?????) need to grow closer! Two objects from the same sport, please!

Tiny Baseball and Giant Baseball Bat

Level 1-6

What killed the dinosaurs? (No weapons or cheap asteroids!)

Enormous Violent Gamer

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Gear Router posted:

1-4 <b>Beach ball</b> because and <b>Soda</b> because you can't bring alchol into the game
1-5 <b>Golf ball</b> and <b>Golf club</b> Clearly they will become gentlemen
1-6 a <b>Volcano</b> killed the dinosaurs.

You want brackets [ ], not angle brackets.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Submissions will cut-off at midnight tonight, Central Daylight Time (GMT-5), so in about 8.5 hours at the time of this posting whenever. The update will probably go up Saturday rather than late Friday night Sunday. Not Saturday. I never said Saturday and certainly wasn't sidetracked.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 20, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

1-4: bikini babes
1-5: shuttlecock
1-6: Spanish influenza

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Parties have delicious cake, yes?

Give them golf clubs. They can figure it out from there.

Dinosaurs were killed by the giant sun, obviously. There were no sunglasses back then, except for Maxwell.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Well, they said to kick off the party, so let's get a football player to do the kick.

No better sport than hunting, right? So give one a musket and the other a deer costume for maximum fun!

Dinosaurs used to be the dominating species back then, but now humans are. Why? Hungry Cavemen ate them all, that's how we became the dominate species!

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

When you edit the second batch of videos, you might try replacing the soundtrack; the emulator slowdown is trashing the native one.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Oh hey this is back

Better start with the tried and true method of puzzlesolving!

1-4; Pterodactyl and rope

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Heatwizard posted:

When you edit the second batch of videos, you might try replacing the soundtrack; the emulator slowdown is trashing the native one.

Yeah, I considered doing this anyway. (I'll also see if I can reduce slowdown) While the music in the game is pretty nice it can also get insanely repetitive, even though there's a bunch of tracks that play at random. I'll probably just jam in music from other games to fit the mood/theme of the current mission.

Also oh jeez I should not have pushed this to Easter Sunday, of all days. I'll start on it tonight but I probably won't be able to get it up until tomorrow morning night.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 21, 2014

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
1-4 If there's one thing I've learned from all of the beach parties I went to as a young man, you need seaweed and beached whales.

1-5 There's only one sport out there that matter, and that sport is e-sports. computer and mouse.

1-6 Well I'll just use the true history of how the dinosaurs died in the Great Flood.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So this one's taking a little long (for a couple of reasons, one of them being I've been half-sick for a week), and I made an executive decision to update my other LP today because that one hadn't been updated in a while either. This one will probably be updated...later this week.

But here's some content. I dug this out of the old thread. It was a bonus video that went up on Halloween. Never mind the fact that it's on a totally different YouTube account, I'm not sure why I made a different one back then.

:spooky:Halloween Monster Tournament:spooky:

Sorry there's no subtitles, I'd download the video and add some but downloading it from Youtube and re-encoding it probably would not work very well. Enjoy.

EDIT: Locking this thread until I finally stop coughing* and get the next update out to stop submissions in the unlikely event someone decides they have something.

*and also finally record a SBCG4AP bonus update without something going wrong, jesus loving christ

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 24, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I know a few of you wanted me to combine the videos instead of splitting them up by level, but really, if I combine them they end up being pretty long, even with editing. Since I don't have time to finish the 1-6 video today, I would have waited to post everything tomorrow, but I figured it's been long enough without an update.

Since the emulator slowdown makes the (already repetitive) music go all wonky, I have replaced the music with stuff from other games. (I thought you could turn off the music and leave the sound effects on, but you can't. Alas.) Hope you like my soundtrack choices!

Level 1-4
Level 1-5

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Huh. How did this game get past all those "no killing children" laws?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Ray-Ban, I know you're watching this thread. Please have Giant Beelike Sunglasses ready to go before the next Spring Calendar.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Printer please do not take off your pants around little boys

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Sure, they run screaming from a Friendly Tiny Loch Ness Monster, but the Giant Beelike Sunglasses ain't no thang.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I am definitely going to remember beelike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Silento posted:

I am definitely going to remember beelike!
And to think I've been using Fast Jetpack all this time. I have seen the error of my ways.

• Locked thread