Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Apparently this is the EA map. This is a fan made thing, I think, since it's pretty clearly low-quality, but it should give you an idea of what things will be like. This is supposed to be about 8x8 km.

Kimsemus posted:

If it has more stuff to do than DayZ, but better quality than the WarZ (Or whatever that piece of poo poo is called now), I will be satisfied.

Especially if we can all run around with no pants on like in Rust and stab people to death with spears.

This is really all I want. Something that tickles my autism re: looting while also being able to kill dumb pubbies and listen to them piss and moan. My only regret is that I won't be able to use my old WarZ character names.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

LuciferMorningstar posted:

looting while also being able to kill dumb pubbies and listen to them piss and moan.

This is also all I want. Decent engine + base building being two huge pluses.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Cacodad posted:

This is also all I want. Decent engine + base building being two huge pluses.

On that note, apparently killing people causes the stuff they're carrying to degrade in quality. So loot we pull off of dead pubbies is going to be damaged in most cases, I imagine. It's a dumb mechanic, but whatever.

Probably also worth reiterating that, based on SOE's handling of Planetside 2, we shouldn't expect quality or long-term support. Unless this game somehow rains money on SOE. But even then. More money means more vacation time, right???

E: Updated map

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 12, 2015

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
The whole burning down other peoples bases thing they got planned seems almost to good, that and shooting the K.O.S is bad crowd this game seems to be building is pretty tempting.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Another updated map. Instead of pasting together screenshots or whatever the hell the other guy did, this guy just basically redrew everything to scale, so it looks a lot smoother. Bear in mind that this is supposed to be something like 8x8 km, with servers being capped at around 200 people at launch. SOE claims they're going to have 150-200 servers come Thursday, so you do the math and figure out whether or not people are going to be queuing for hours or something. If server caps are consistently hit, though, we're looking at an average player density of about 3 per km^2.

I'm probably going to be an idiot without any self-restraint and buy in on Thursday. I'll draft a new OP and post it late tomorrow unless someone else beats me to it. And it does sound like each of your characters is locked to a server, so we'll need to settle on a goon server(s).

E: VVVV I'll try to put up a decent stream, and I imagine other goons might do the same. My Internet is terrible, so no promises, but hopefully a couple of goon streams will help people on the fence figure out whether or not this is worth :20bux:

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 13, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna wait and see how stable the servers are

even if its a terrible dumb contentless lovely zombie game (it is), at least it won't have you reading russian signs to figure out where you are and you can still piss people off

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is this for PS4 also ?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I have about $30 in my Steam Wallet because it turns out I own just about everything on Steam I care about so... Looks like I'll grab this Thursday. Even if it's a less clunky DayZ I'll be happy as could be.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Disappointing Pie posted:

I have about $30 in my Steam Wallet because it turns out I own just about everything on Steam I care about so... Looks like I'll grab this Thursday. Even if it's a less clunky DayZ I'll be happy as could be.

When I tried it, it did not feel less clunky, but it may have improved since then

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Eonwe posted:

When I tried it, it did not feel less clunky, but it may have improved since then

My biggest issues with DayZ at the moment are all related to the inventory system and H1Z1 seems to be a bit more refined in that regard.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bummed about the size and player limit on servers. I thought we were going to be getting something crazy like 50kmx50km big maps with 1,000's of dudes running around. This just sounds like slightly larger Dayz.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
I'm in and buying the $40 dealio on Thursday. Boom bitches...

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Dark Helmut posted:

Yesssssssss

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Bummed about the size and player limit on servers. I thought we were going to be getting something crazy like 50kmx50km big maps with 1,000's of dudes running around. This just sounds like slightly larger Dayz.

The devs are going to expand the map size and player count throughout early access. They say that they can do 2,000 players no problem but the map isn't big enough yet.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Dark Helmut posted:

I'm not sure if I understand all the ticket stuff. Is it just more chances to get cool stuff and enter things like the Battle Royale mode?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Dark Helmut posted:

Aw fine gently caress it, let's get the band back together.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I'm not sure if I understand all the ticket stuff. Is it just more chances to get cool stuff and enter things like the Battle Royale mode?

I think it's just the additional mode (for now). The tickets, I mean. The keys and crates and air drops thing are other stuff.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

suboptimal posted:

I'm in for h1z1 as well I wonder if the name filter will be as bad as warZ fisty mcanustown needs to come back

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Watch me buy yet another zombie survival game that I drop in a week due to it being lovely and full of MILLSPEC retards.

It's an addiction.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Watch me buy yet another zombie survival game that I drop in a week due to it being lovely and full of MILLSPEC retards.

It's an addiction.

They are by far the best people to get upset though

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby
I am probably buying this on release because I am stupid and like to waste money.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

suboptimal posted:

My 6 yr old will be playing with me, try not to make me have to explain to him what a blumpkin is since he can read now.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

I don't know and I don't care but $20 seems worth it to find out considering I've been waiting for this poo poo parade for a year now.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I shall let you guys test the waters for a few days/a week/however long I can hold out for.
Let me know how it is, if its not a buggy hackerfest (aka every zombie game ever), i shall play.

Hans, drop me a message on Steam when you've given it a go

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm just going to go ahead and buy this, regardless of how it ends up being.

I have too much fun killing tryhard pubbies to say no.

There is a darkness in my heart, and it can only be sated by corpses.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Somebody tell me I shouldn't buy this. Bah! The appeal of these games is too strong on me. I am weak.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
I'll be getting it, why the hell not.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
I wonder if we'll ever get a good zombie MMO type game.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ptolemaeus posted:

I'll be getting it, why the hell not.

After WarZ sorry, Infestation: Survivor Stories, I'm hesitant but hopeful.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Somebody tell me I shouldn't buy this. Bah! The appeal of these games is too strong on me. I am weak.

You shouldn't buy this. Donate the $20 to charity or flush it down the toilet or something.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
I normally would agree but after watching the random streamers invited to play for an hour, it seemed like a dayz standalone clone with a reasonable engine and an actual development team behind it. I burn 20$ drinking and only have to piss, might as well get the game.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
You could always just wait for......

Wait for it.....

http://forums.infestationmmo.com/index.php?/topic/157065-inb-screenshot-discussion/

Infestation: New Beginnings

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm still playing ISS almost daily. I can't part with my hundreds of snipers. The hacking is pretty well under control finally.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dark Helmut posted:

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm still playing ISS almost daily. I can't part with my hundreds of snipers. The hacking is pretty well under control finally.

I admire your optimism. The blatant clip hacking and AOE killbots are no longer there, but ESP/aimbots are still very much alive and well. BattleEye is the only anti-cheat program coupled with VAC that enjoys a modicum of anti-hack success.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

Kimsemus posted:

I admire your optimism. The blatant clip hacking and AOE killbots are no longer there, but ESP/aimbots are still very much alive and well. BattleEye is the only anti-cheat program coupled with VAC that enjoys a modicum of anti-hack success.

I ended up clanning up and running in larger numbers (usually 5-10) really helps make it playable. It's got to be tough for solo/duo peeps though. Anyway, it's just passing the time til something better comes along.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The first 2 weeks of warz were hilarious and fun. Mumble was hysterical as well. Really pumped for this, after being down on it for the last few months.

Gonna get a wiki up and running on my site soon as well.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Are we going to make an H1Z1 goon clan?

We should make an H1Z1 goon clan.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I would like to join that clan.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Am I weird for wanting to lone wolf in these types of games? I treat them as just a survival game, head to the woods and see how long I can live by sneaking into towns and gathering supplies.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Also the OP is banned, we may want to make a new OP with updated screens and information when the game comes out.

I don't have the time to be the CEO of a guild venture but I can help with it as much as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
I'd be up for a goon hunting club, those H1Z1 syringes aren't going to inject themselves into pubs.

• Locked thread