Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This is a late april fools joke right? Aren't we done with zombies yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

vandalism posted:

This game is Dayz with microtransactions. For all its problems, I paid $30 and will never have to pay more and am still receiving content updates. Yeah, it has lovely netcode with dudes zipping all over and poo poo. They are working on things. This game will be a hard sell, especially the monetization, with Dayz mod and standalone around. I would rather pay $30-$50 for a game and get some quality poo poo. Mind you, lots of $30-$50 games have forgone the quality but stuck with the poo poo. Free to play is garbage.

Yea but DayZ is garbage too? I mean I haven't played a Zombie Survivor MMO that isn't garbage and I think thats part of the reason people are so loving burnt out on them. Every Zombie Survivor MMO to date has been clunky, full of hackers, bugged, has poorly implemented features and almost every single one feels like it was hacked together as a HL mod instead of being a game.

I do not think a f2p zombie MMO by SOE is going to be a hard sell because it will probably feel more like a game than DayZ when its released. I hated The War Z because it was so full of hackers, had lovely graphics, but it was more of a game than DayZ is today. Don't get me wrong, since I purchased DayZ there's been plenty of progress, but its still a giant steaming pile of poo poo. I am as burnt out as anybody else on zombie survivors, but if H1Z1 is even slightly more polished than DayZ with a developer that supports it as much as PS2 has been supported than its going to be way, way more successful than any of the other alternatives.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
From the stream it already looks like it plays better than DayZ.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BadLlama posted:

Why did it have to be zombie?, They could of just said primitive space alien bugs landed on Earth instead and it would be a better premise.

Having survival games in different settings will be cool one day when it happens. I hope dinosaurs or other planets, but I think that survival games are in their infancy right now.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

The Stomping Land is a DayZ With Dinosaurs game coming out in the next couple months. :v:

Oh awesome. It doesn't look absolutely terrible and wow you can tame dinosaurs.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

We've already provided a response to your criticisms.

Try for something more interesting than "Hurr, do not like thing."

All the games where zombies are the enemy are stupid, zombies are stupid and boring. Its the suvival part that is fun and interesting. The game would be improved a million times if zombies weren't the only enemy. The best PC zombie games essentially don't just have zombies, but have mutant zombies which make them a million times better. Thinking of L4D and State of Decay. In those games normal zombies are pretty boring, its the boss mutant zombies that are fun and interesting.

I don't see how implementing zombies is any easier "in theory" from implementing any other type of video game enemy besides the fact that zombies are used and pretty much the least imaginative enemy that exists in video games. I mean FPS zombies are essentially the rat of RPGs in the sense that they are the first and easiest enemy you encounter in so many different FPSs in some form or anything that they are just completely boring.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Azurrat posted:

Which is precisely why nobody important cares that they're zombies. They exist solely to provide mild entertainment between shootouts with other people.

But then whats the point? If you were to think for a second about creating a fun game you could add in some tougher mutant zombie enemies that would encourage people to work together and then you bring in the question of asking someone for help instead of just shooting them in the head every time you see someone new which is what most survival games devolve into anyways. There is no reason to work with others because there is no challenge besides other people that also almost never work with others. But you throw in say some Tanks from L4D guarding some nice items and now people can't just go in and kill them all alone. Or in the case of almost every zombie survival game in existence so far, just run around them and grab the items and run away. There's a reason most zombie games don't just have zombies. Its because zombies are stupid and boring. Even one of the first zombie survival games, Resident Evil didn't just have zombies. In games like Dead Rising, the real enemies aren't the zombies they are the crazies. At the very least there should be NPC scavenger groups going around loving poo poo up.

My main concern is with comparison to WarZ and DayZ, you could go hours without seeing another human player and all you see is zombies and poo poo items you don't need and that is really, really boring.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 29, 2014

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Azurrat posted:

Maybe you should play a different type of game, because this looks like it's not for you. :cripes:

edit: Hey guys, I think zombie games are dumb and boring, LET ME ROLL UP INTO A THREAD ABOUT A ZOMBIE GAME AND poo poo MY OPINION EVERYWHERE :shrek:

Hey guys lets roll into a thread and talk about how a game thats in its beginning stages and probably looking for suggestions on how to make it fun might be improved by looking at other zombies games and seeing what new ideas we could bring to the genre thats full of lovely games.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This game looks worse and worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Stanley Pain posted:

Semi serious question. Why all the hate in this thread for an obviously unfinished/released game that won't cost you anything to try it out? Are some of you mad that they're marketing their game trying to build up hype like anyone with half a brain would do ?

I think some people just wish that someone would try something different? Visually this game looks almost exactly like The War Z and mechanically it looks almost exactly like poo poo. When someone makes something unimaginative as this I think people will poo poo on it regardless of how much it costs.

• Locked thread