Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I just began reading up on this game, but I'm pretty familiar with SOE titles, has Smedley ruined this game yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The basic reason why this game is going to be bad is that SOE (among many other crippling flaws) is utterly incapable of programming an effective anti-cheat system, evidenced by anyone that has ever played Planetside 2. BattleEye, which DayZ runs on, actually enjoys greater success than PB or many other programs, but SOE has NEVER been able to get one working right, and in a game like this, that is incredibly important.

Nothing sucks more than putting 10-15 hours into a DayZ character only to be headshot or script killed instantly. I mean it happens, and you expect it, but it still sucks.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gmaz posted:

PS2 barely had any cheaters for a long time now. That's like the least of their problems.

The only reason this is true is because AA and most other big cheating firms quit making cheats for the game due to lack of demand.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rexicon1 posted:

This actually sounds like an incredibly fun game and I would love to play it. Someone make this game.

E: the first one of you who says "hurr hurr just play on a casual server" is a dumbshit and deserves nothing but contempt

If it has more stuff to do than DayZ, but better quality than the WarZ (Or whatever that piece of poo poo is called now), I will be satisfied.

Especially if we can all run around with no pants on like in Rust and stab people to death with spears.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm just going to go ahead and buy this, regardless of how it ends up being.

I have too much fun killing tryhard pubbies to say no.

There is a darkness in my heart, and it can only be sated by corpses.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dark Helmut posted:

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm still playing ISS almost daily. I can't part with my hundreds of snipers. The hacking is pretty well under control finally.

I admire your optimism. The blatant clip hacking and AOE killbots are no longer there, but ESP/aimbots are still very much alive and well. BattleEye is the only anti-cheat program coupled with VAC that enjoys a modicum of anti-hack success.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Are we going to make an H1Z1 goon clan?

We should make an H1Z1 goon clan.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Also the OP is banned, we may want to make a new OP with updated screens and information when the game comes out.

I don't have the time to be the CEO of a guild venture but I can help with it as much as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Is CTS dead? We can just use CTS.

If not CTS, I think I have a teamspeak that supports like 500 people, but you know, Teamspeak.

• Locked thread