Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.
I can ignore the zombie part if they just make a great survival MMO with crafting, building and trading at its core.

Republicanus posted:

Though, if the crafting is SWG-like for weapons and Landmark-ish for buildings, it still might be a fun bit of PVP.

Supposedly, it won't be using any of the voxel-based technology from Landmark/EQN, so I'm curious how building will work in Hizzy.

And I hope they don't take inspiration from Landmark for the crafting, because Landmark crafting is dumb and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.

Dark Helmut posted:

Of course they could, but from my perspective it's a reach thing. You reach more people via reddit than you could by making your own forum, putting people through the pain in the rear end of creating yet another login before they are sure they want to invest time in the game.

Anyway, it's a total guess on my part so who knows.

The PlanetSide 2 team have always seemed more active on reddit than on their own forums, I guess because the forums are a poo poo hole and they know it. I'll take /r/planetside over the official PlanetSide 2 forums any day and I'm okay with H1Z1 going the same route.

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

My commentary:

All I'm taking away from this is that SOE literally has no clue when they're going to go early access with this. Moreover, they have no consistent vocabulary. It's not just everyone saying "soon," it's some people saying "soon," others saying "getting closer," and then poo poo like this that suggests it will be a matter of months. It's utterly baffling why they came out of the door touting 4-6 weeks, when something like 4-6 months is apparently going to be the reality. I don't think asking for some consistency or transparency is too much, since that's what SOE has been campaigning on.

Smedley, for the most part, is full of poo poo. Never believe any SOE promises of dates, features or anything, really, until you actually see it. And expect all surprises to be underwhelming.

itsnice2bnice posted:

With Landmark the devs will talk and tweet all day long about how great the game is, but it's pretty rare that they address the game's problems in a frank manner.

I've stopped watching Landmark streams. I just can't stand their over the top enthusiasm for what is little more than a tech demo.

CupBoy fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 13, 2014

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

lol okay

e: hahaha the reddit is losing its poo poo

Wow, good job pissing away all the hype for your game, Smed.

• Locked thread