Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Its the scale, the trading and all that stuff that sets this apart from the other smallish zombie survival games. Im all for it if they dont gently caress it up SOE style. Its like a well done rust or dayz. By a proper dev house with nearly limitless resources. IMO its the future of MMOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Well thy gotta make their money somehow.

In all honesty though the latest games like PS2 they did a good job on the F2P. Its there but you really dont need to buy poo poo to play. Its definitely not P2W.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

folgore posted:

It may not be P2W like some third-rate Russian browser MMO but I would not consider most of PS2's model to be reasonably priced at all. The default XP gain is terrible. The subscription is tiered, so unless you pay for 6 months in advance you will have to wait that same amount of time while subscribed to reach the full benefit level. Most items (not just cosmetics) are expensive, even more so now that SOE has stopped double/triple sales on their currency. It's superficially F2P like so many other games in that category. They gotta make money, yeah, but I am certain they excluded a lot of people with their pricing scheme. The game's community isn't small just because of gameplay and technical issues it's had.

I enjoy PS2 a lot, but fool me once, yada yada

Ummm, dude, PS2 is completely free and you can enjoy 100% of the game FOR FREE. Bitching that you cant get hats and 50%-75% more exp gain for free is not the same thing as P2W. Tell me what you cant do in Planetside 2 that a subscriber that drops $100 a month on the game has, of course other than higher exp gain and hats and camo?

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

folgore posted:

You're an idiot that can't read.

I read your poo poo and understood it perfectly fine. Bitching about prices of hats and subs in a game where you don't have to buy anything to enjoy 100% of it.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Clearly not! He never said it was P2W, just that the prices are absurd in PS2 (and they are :ssh:)

Also XP bonuses for subscribers, while not awful, are not insubstantial considering that it lets someone, in the same time frame, become statistically more powerful than someone who didn't pay in what is supposed to be a competitive game.

What? the passive cert gain? Cause, correct me if Im wrong, but levels dont mean dick in PS2. And either way the point still stands you dont need to buy anything in PS2 to be a competitive player and contribute. Most of the starting weapons are good, others can be purchased by certs you gain. But any game that you want to play at the top of the competitive ladder and spend inordinate amounts of time in, I feel you owe to buy some poo poo or sub in anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Azurrat posted:

"Cat poo poo is worse than dog poo poo, so dog poo poo isn't that bad"

Get used to it, because F2P is the way the industry is heading.

• Locked thread