Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Christopher
May 29, 2006

Extra posted:

You know I find it kind of strange they didn't try to go for the PvE cooperative sandbox zombie niche. To be honest I enjoy the concept of DayZ but I do not enjoy the PvP aspects at all. A massive cooperative PvE zombie/shooter of any type MMO would be pretty neat. It's nice to just sit down, chill out, and play a cooperative shooter for a few hours with tons of people. Arma II's Domination game type is a shining example of the concept. Actually just make Arma II's domination but at night with zombies and no tanks/jets/helicopters/othercheapbullshit.

If there's a massive open world co-op non-PvP zombie shooter out there someone please link me it because I want to go play it immediately. There was a neat Arma mod pre-DayZ that was like that but I can't remember the name of it.

The game you are looking for is called Defiance. There are PvP options but it is a PvE-centric game. No open world PvP with looting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christopher
May 29, 2006
Seriously, who cares if there are a million zombie MMOs if none of them have been executed properly? Lighten up a bit, goons. There are some promising concepts here that we may look forward to. I agree, it has been tried more than a handful of times recently but nothing worth poopsocking over. Hopefully, they can pull off a much more sandboxy game with more emphasis on crafting and building and meaningful PvP like they've planned. If Landmark is any indication, SOE is moving in the right direction. I'm at least hopeful and interested to see what H1Z1 becomes.

• Locked thread