Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Peechka posted:

Well thy gotta make their money somehow.

In all honesty though the latest games like PS2 they did a good job on the F2P. Its there but you really dont need to buy poo poo to play. Its definitely not P2W.

It may not be P2W like some third-rate Russian browser MMO but I would not consider most of PS2's model to be reasonably priced at all. The default XP gain is terrible. The subscription is tiered, so unless you pay for 6 months in advance you will have to wait that same amount of time while subscribed to reach the full benefit level. Most items (not just cosmetics) are expensive, even more so now that SOE has stopped double/triple sales on their currency. It's superficially F2P like so many other games in that category. They gotta make money, yeah, but I am certain they excluded a lot of people with their pricing scheme. The game's community isn't small just because of gameplay and technical issues it's had.

I enjoy PS2 a lot, but fool me once, yada yada

folgore fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Peechka posted:

Ummm, dude, PS2 is completely free and you can enjoy 100% of the game FOR FREE. Bitching that you cant get hats and 50%-75% more exp gain for free is not the same thing as P2W. Tell me what you cant do in Planetside 2 that a subscriber that drops $100 a month on the game has, of course other than higher exp gain and hats and camo?

You're an idiot that can't read.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I hope you haven't actually invested considerable time in PS2, otherwise your lack of basic knowledge about the game is really sad.

It's 2014, a free to play western MMO not being "PAY TO WIN" isn't a huge accomplishment. Nor does it mean that game's F2P model is actually good. Please for the sake of this genre, raise your standards a little.

• Locked thread