Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe you stupid shots are trying to Dick with the style sheet. It's perfect. gently caress, of anything out should be WORSE.

Ddrd is not about legibility or commutation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

zen sex robot posted:

Missed your chance to vote, too late

Also why is Dick capitalized?

Phone posting and gently caress if I'm proofreading my posts.

You've all lost the mission ever since it stopped being Demoniom Darkblade's Retrogaming Dungeon, I feel you've lost touch with the spirit of DDRD and quality posting.

Dec 26, 2012

agreed, FOREVER A lovely POSTER

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zen sex robot posted:

You can still post badly if the color scheme isn't horrible, besides were gonna have a kickass animated background and some other poo poo not like I'm gonna enforce quality standards around here

It's going to be greay actually, as it has been ordained ever since I posted the deciding vote in this thread.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zen sex robot posted:

I was under the impression that the background stayed, along with the hammock and the icons

The neo-geo bg, not the laser one

That would be horrible.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zen sex robot posted:

Just the bg or everything else too?

The BG was really bad.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Get rid of the stupid loving hammock

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

about_face posted:

Get rid of the stupid loving hammock

The hammock stays.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Please hjave no BG. Thank you.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Grey is what we get. My hands are tied on this matter. We must abide by democratic rule.

I might put in one of the animated BGs because the one zen posted is cool and less distracting but idk how well it will fit when everyting is gray again.

obstipator fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 15, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

ah, the famous NUDE PLACE

obstipator posted:

Grey is what we get. My hands are tied on this matter. We must abide by democratic rule.

I might put in one of the animated BGs because the one zen posted is cool and less distracting but idk how well it will fit when everyting is gray again.

maybe one at the top and one at the bottom

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
New 1.0.7 update out. It's grey forums + icons + bg. I had to style some of the breadcrumbs stuff with a white background so you could actually see it.

Vote BG or no BG by comparing it against other grey forums. Also check for any fuckups I did, tia

e: the hammock looks really out of place now

Dec 26, 2012

obstipator posted:

New 1.0.7 update out. It's grey forums + icons + bg. I had to style some of the breadcrumbs stuff with a white background so you could actually see it.

Vote BG or no BG by comparing it against other grey forums. Also check for any fuckups I did, tia

e: the hammock looks really out of place now

the top post is like indented for some reason, top left star overhangs, hammock blocks the username and yeah looks a little out of place

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
put hammock in the top right and don't flip it

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Besides some bugs it's looking good now, great job

Dec 26, 2012

yeah besides those minor things it looks pretty solid so far

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

01011001 posted:

the top post is like indented for some reason, top left star overhangs, hammock blocks the username and yeah looks a little out of place

Fixed.

zen sex robot posted:

top right blocks the mod tools

everything else looks pretty nice, i think this BG looks pretty good too

thanks again obstipator!

How far over do the mod tools go? Is this OK or should it be further to the left?

Also I can change the hammock color, if that purple is weird now.

e: actually, I can just put the hammock behind everything like it is on BYOB

Dec 26, 2012

obstipator posted:

Also I can change the hammock color, if that purple is weird now.

yeah i dont know poo poo about color balance or w/e but something that fits the background would be better

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

zen sex robot posted:

i noticed the stylesheet also fixes the bolded name in the main forum list, thats nice

give it blink tag

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Everything mentioned up to this point should be fixed in the 1.0.12 update. I think you can just ctrl+f5 instead of me updating it each time but whatevs, its easy enough.

Hammock is now a grayish color. Anything else broke? I'll probably wait around with this until tomorrow before I send it away unless no one has any complaints.

Dec 26, 2012

obstipator posted:

Everything mentioned up to this point should be fixed in the 1.0.12 update. I think you can just ctrl+f5 instead of me updating it each time but whatevs, its easy enough.

Hammock is now a grayish color. Anything else broke? I'll probably wait around with this until tomorrow before I send it away unless no one has any complaints.

this (it still also overhangs a bit on the top but not as noticeably)

otherwise good work and thanks

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

01011001 posted:

this (it still also overhangs a bit on the top but not as noticeably)

otherwise good work and thanks

Fixed this.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

zen sex robot posted:

This is all assuming any of the admins actually apply the new stylesheet

lol, they haven't even fixed the stupid bold font

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yea, someone made an oopsie with the original laser stylesheet that made the bold shadowy thing happen. I kept it there for a while in my fixed up version because it was hard to say goodbye to my bolded friend, but now that lasers are gone, there's no point in keeping it there.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

zen sex robot posted:

screenshot for people who don't want to gently caress with browser plugins to see the changes

drat, i installed to make it look like this but instead there's some dumb background that i can't see and i can't see the hammock either and everything's grey and boring. gently caress this.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

I think the grey is a downgrade even though the purple was obnoxious it at least gave the forum a custom feel, since the background is mostly invisible except on the edges and at the very bottom it isn't like there really is anything going on. use a color wheel thing and find some nice complementary colors that aren't god awful, probably like an orange/blue would look good

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I think the grey is a downgrade even though the purple was obnoxious it at least gave the forum a custom feel, since the background is mostly invisible except on the edges and at the very bottom it isn't like there really is anything going on. use a color wheel thing and find some nice complementary colors that aren't god awful, probably like an orange/blue would look good

Do we have any artists in DDRD? Artists, HELP! We need a color wheel theme!

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

just steal solarized dark's theme because it is basically the best color scheme in the world http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Werthog 95 posted:

drat, i installed to make it look like this but instead there's some dumb background that i can't see and i can't see the hammock either and everything's grey and boring. gently caress this.

I'm going to murder everyone in this thread if you can't make up your minds.
We've now seen what gray looks like. Do we want to go back to fixed lasers or what with purple all up in your grill?
Good thing I put all this poo poo in separate files so I can swap between them easier.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Do we have any artists in DDRD? Artists, HELP! We need a color wheel theme!

you never told me how you got all the banner animals without the ads

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

No! Do Not.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

you never told me how you got all the banner animals without the ads

Oh. I made a greasemonkey, but it's not on my work computer so I'll have to link it later.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just post each of the files problem solved

or just ignore my opinion because lol i haven't been here in like a week. what's up y'all

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how about a super game boy border

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

solarized is the best look at this poo poo

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

also LOL at the terrible transparency on all the forum elements on that phpbb

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

solarized is the best look at this poo poo

It looks like poo poo from my rear end, OP.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I've never had blue poop, I don't think.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It looks like poo poo from my rear end, OP.

howso? solarized is probably the best color scheme out there man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Peanut and the Gang posted:

I've never had blue poop, I don't think.

your missing out

• Locked thread