Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

graynull posted:

Stream going on now, if anyone is interested

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Edit: Well gently caress, that was a short stream.

Well that's interesting, at the part where you make the choice on who the good doctor experiments on, there's a pop of "New Timeline: Fergus" around 8:10. There could possibly be some time shenanigans going on, even if its just setting up histories of those who survives and dies in the struggle against ze Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Crabtree posted:

Well that's interesting, at the part where you make the choice on who the good doctor experiments on, there's a pop of "New Timeline: Fergus" around 8:10. There could possibly be some time shenanigans going on, even if its just setting up histories of those who survives and dies in the struggle against ze Nazis.

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if time travel isn't a major plot point, even if they just use it as sequel bait.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I am literally the biggest Weird War II nerd. If a book, movie, comic, or game (video, tabletop, RPG, you name it) exists, it's very likely that I own it. I have two big bookshelves in my house totally full of Weird War II stuff; I might post pics later, and I could post a full-on library list if people are interested.

Needless to say, I can't be more excited for this game. I bought the Panzerhund Edition on sight because I love vigeogame swag like that. I haven't actually preordered the game yet, only because I'm not sure if I want to get an Xbox One and get it for that, or say "gently caress it" and get the 360 version to save some money.
How much better will the One version look compared to the 360 version?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
They'll all look worse compared to the PC version, which is what you should be buying.

:v:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

kefkafloyd posted:

They'll all look worse compared to the PC version, which is what you should be buying.

:v:
Well sure, but the PC version doesn't let me play it on my comfy couch in front of a big-screen TV with surround sound, so it's between 360 and next-gen for me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Well sure, but the PC version doesn't let me play it on my comfy couch in front of a big-screen TV with surround sound, so it's between 360 and next-gen for me.

Does if you buy it on steam :v:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

How so? My computer is upstairs, my TV/couch/surround sound are downstairs.

Beast
May 2, 2004
thirsty for justice
Having watched the trailers I have fallen in love with the style and tone of it. I just worry this might not carry into the actual game.

And also that I enjoy Nazi cover bands

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Crabtree posted:

It'd be a crying shame if there wasn't some kind of toggle-able radio or in game soundtrack that you can listen to alternate history nazi rock. I'd also like for BJ to be a bit of curmudgeon about it, but his claims of devil music would be a little more justified if they were goosestepping while they twist.

You might want to check out The Third Reich and Roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbTIhC79UJ4

Skip to 11:34 for a German operatic version of Papa's Got A Brand New Bag

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Oh, well, yeah that could be an issue, steam has the big screen thing that makes it handle like a console, works quite well as far as I know, but not if your computer is upstairs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
An old man gives you a simple job, KILL EVERY NAZI. Do you A: Jitterbug with Grenades or B: Slow dance slit every Nazi's throat?

EDIT:

Junk posted:

You might want to check out The Third Reich and Roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbTIhC79UJ4

Skip to 11:34 for a German operatic version of Papa's Got A Brand New Bag

A little weird, but it does sound like what would happen if either soldiers were singing this on the move or if some tone deaf Reichstag dreamed up Rock N Roll.

For anyone that hasn't checked yet, each update unlocks another track on Neumond Recordings Wolfenstein page.

I particularly like the heavy beat of Han's Mein Kleiner, but that might just be me enjoying anything you can go loud to.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 29, 2014

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

The correct answer is both. :black101:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

kefkafloyd posted:

The correct answer is both. :black101:

Correct as there are perks you get for doing both kinds of combat! :eng101:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/29/new-wolfenstein-new-order-trailer-showcases-combat-tactics/

Wolfenstien Q&A posted:

Let’s forget stealth for a minute. What perks are going to be the most beneficial for players that are looking to shoot their way out of each and every scenario?

Jerk Gustafsson: The obvious ones are increased magazine sizes and weapon reload/equip speed, but you will also be able to unlock high value perks like increased ammo loot from killed enemies and various movement perks. Another great one is the ability to receive armour for quick consecutive kills.

Can a player unlock all of the perks in a single playthrough?

Jerk Gustafsson: It is possible, but very difficult.

So please, fellow Blaskewitz, remember that knives and guns were both put upon the earth for you to shepherd Nazis to hell. Make Russian Shotgun Grandpa proud to call you Comrade!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I wonder if it'll fall into the DXHR trap of "yeah stealth and poo poo is totally cool except it doesn't work on bosses."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Well there are weapon upgrades that you can find hidden away in secret areas or given through story progression that improve over-all functionality, and with there apparently being no weapon limit in The New Order as true Wolfenstein tradition*, I don't think you can completely screw yourself out of scripted loud events such as boss fights by only favoring stealth.

Although, do please be careful switching guns as some people apparently have trouble remapping weapon selection wheels to not conflict with regular movement.

*Second stream shows the wheel that allows you to akimbo every weapon, but I don't know if this is as limited as it looks or if guns transform from normal shotties to lightning boom sticks.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 29, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

Man, RtCW holds a special place in heart. For some bizarre reason it was the only FPS that ever clicked with me, and which I was good at. Like, every other game from Counterstrike to Halo I was only ever mediocre, but I was a monster in RtCW.

Fondly memories of holding off waves of players so long until I was resorting to the pistol til they finally killed me.

This game still has the scariest flamethrower I've ever seen to date. The TF2 Pyro had nothing on it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

I wonder if it'll fall into the DXHR trap of "yeah stealth and poo poo is totally cool except it doesn't work on bosses."

It wouldn't really be BJ if he didn't disintegrate the gently caress out of some people but I'd assume that a stealthy playthrough would leave you plenty of ammo for your BFG to use on the boss.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Xenomrph posted:

This is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Thundercracker posted:

Man, RtCW holds a special place in heart. For some bizarre reason it was the only FPS that ever clicked with me, and which I was good at. Like, every other game from Counterstrike to Halo I was only ever mediocre, but I was a monster in RtCW.

I was the same way with Call of Duty 3. I love that game because I was a steamrolling beast in it. I remember games of cap the flag where I'd go something like 120-10. It also made bolt-action, non-sniper rifles fun in multiplayer.

Anyway, I'm not too sure about this Wolfenstein. It looks cool and well made, but I'm not sure it's a 60 dollar purchase. Kind of like the Thief game that came out a few months ago.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Blue Raider posted:

Anyway, I'm not too sure about this Wolfenstein. It looks cool and well made, but I'm not sure it's a 60 dollar purchase. Kind of like the Thief game that came out a few months ago.

That's a little unfair. The worst of New Order isn't even in the same league of the arrogance of The4f throughout its entire development. We haven't heard of MachineGames completely reworking the game several times before it released, no several million thrown around just to create a real world model of an impossible bow/BFG and the latest BJ hasn't generated a 1/4th of the backlash the new Garret has. NO BJ just mumbles to himself too much, he still blasts holes into every nazi you tell him to.

MachineGames is comprised of people that worked on Riddick and Darkness from those who came from Starbreeze. It has a good chance to be a decent experiment for the franchise. Sure, it might be worth the current price-tag. But from what I've seen, and hopefully can play in demos, it'll prove itself to be worth any price you eventually pay for it in a steam or amazon sale.

EDIT: Because its a crying shame that Bethesda is a greedy enough piece of poo poo that they'll still charge a full physical price for this game on digital copies. It show signs of being very good, but they can get right gently caress out with this standardized physical pricing bullshit on PSN, XBL or Steam codes.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 30, 2014

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I still think it's lame that Steam costs the same as buying it on a console but I'm still going to shell out the money on PC because there's nothing I love more than Agent Blazkowicz stabbin and shootin the bad guys.

The knives in this game look really great and stabbing soldiers was one of the best parts of RTCW. Thank god we can throw them now.

quote:

This game still has the scariest flamethrower I've ever seen to date. The TF2 Pyro had nothing on it.

Why has no game been able to make a flamethrower better than RTCW's? The game was ahead of its time on that front.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wolf 2009's was pretty great. As was actually the one in CoD world at war.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
The most brutal flamethrower in my recent memory has to be the one in the Rising Storm expansion for Red Orchestra 2. When that thing sets someone on fire they start screaming and twitching on the ground as they burn alive making it something you don't want to be on the receiving end of.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
FYI everyone the game is $53 on PS4/3 if you preorder on PSN.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

This game is going to be totally amazing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Man those watermelons were just minding their own fukken business you sadistic animal

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm pretty interested in this, but I'll wait until it's released to see if there's any major day one bugs on the PC version and if the game keeps up the momentum seen in the trailers for most of the game. Don't really care much about the Doom MP beta; I like doom, but I'm not much of an MP person anymore.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

7c Nickel posted:

No Wolfenstein thread is complete without a watch of this little tribute animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE77bYYjO-Q

I've been watching this maybe thirty times today, the animation's just so awesomely slick that I can't stop!

Follow it up with this for the aftermath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQdzexzbumc

E:

Get Psyched!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Not sure how I feel about BJ's southern accent. I always considered him to be a New Yorker or something.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

circ dick soleil posted:

Not sure how I feel about BJ's southern accent. I always considered him to be a New Yorker or something.

because he's Jewish, you loving racist??

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

nuzak posted:

Because he's a dull but hardworking polack

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nuzak posted:

I was thinking Polish, actually. I thought generally American demographics favor the central and northern areas for Polish ancestry.

Also he spends quite a lot of time shooting people with a tommy gun which immediately makes me think of New York.

Also how can he be Jewish and spend half the campaign eating German sausages to get his health back?

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Looks pretty good. Fond memories of 60 person games with RtCW. Probably going to wait till it's 29.99 on Steam's Summer Sale.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm really really looking forward to this game. Please be good :ohdear:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

PC Requirements are out:

64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
4 GB System RAM
50 GB free HDD space
GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
High Speed Internet Connection
Steam account and activation required

"Intel Core i7" doesn't really mean much without a number, but what I'm more looking at is that 50GB. Next gen is here, I guess.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Humerus posted:

PC Requirements are out:

4 GB System RAM
50 GB free HDD space

"Intel Core i7" doesn't really mean much without a number, but what I'm more looking at is that 50GB. Next gen is here, I guess.

What's it running on? Wolf makes me think ID which makes me think megatextures, I think Rage also used a fucktonne of HDD space on PC.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Humerus posted:

PC Requirements are out:

4 GB System RAM
50 GB free HDD space

Christ, my OC'd i5 2500k isn't enough to run this apparently?

Well that sucks.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is it confirmed if we get to eat dog food and other foodstuffs from the floor in this?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Christ, my OC'd i5 2500k isn't enough to run this apparently?

Well that sucks.

I'm sure you'll be fine. From what SH/SC taught me when I built my computer, the i7 doesn't offer much in terms of game performance over the i5. They're probably just covering their asses. I'm sure a reasonably modern quad-core will be sufficient; there's a 360 version after all.

Croccers posted:

Is it confirmed if we get to eat dog food and other foodstuffs from the floor in this?

Not from anything I've seen but I hold out hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Humerus posted:

PC Requirements are out:

4 GB System RAM
50 GB free HDD space

Sorry, but is that minimum or recommended? It surprises me if I7 is minimum given that it's apparently 60fps on the last gen machines

• Locked thread