Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Wolfenstein 2009 was fun as hell and anyone who even remotely likes first person shooters should play it. Pro Tip: don't waste your upgrades on stealth poo poo as it's completely useless. Instead make sure to get Big Bore for the Kar98. That rifle turns into a goddamn cannon that tears people apart.

Also grab as many melee weapons as you can because going on a rampage with a fire ax and claiming Nazi arms and heads for your own is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Convex posted:

BJ looks like an inflated Anderson Cooper.

Also this game looks awesome but after the state Rage shipped in I'm waiting until release before I consider it. Really hope the rumours of a non-swastika UK version are false as well.

This game is developed by ex-Starbreeze founders, not Id so i wouldn't be worried.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Singularity's biggest sin was having a giant fuckoff awesome sniper rifle but giving the player like ten shots with it.

e: this thing http://singularity.wikia.com/wiki/Seeker_Rifle

Singularity was good but had a lot of problems and probably lead to the death of Raven having taken so long to actually come out. :saddowns: It's multiplayer was absolutely DOA too.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
There was some comedian on the radio in Philly the other morning talking about the original game and he kept pronouncing the name "Wolfensteen" and it was driving me crazy. Welp that's my story.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Xenomrph posted:

Whoa wait, we're getting another Sniper Elite game?

Hellyeah son, 2014 is looking to be another banner year for dumb first person shooters. Gonna be pretty tough to top 2013 though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Honestly every Wolfenstein game is basically standalone. I've played them all and I don't remember a single callback to any of the other games other than people knowing who BJ Blazkowicz was and that he fights crazy occult Nazis.

And yes 2009 is definitely worth playing. I think it's more fun than Return to Castle Wolfenstein in a lot of ways.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

This sure is a video game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Shocking, I know.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I just want more things to blast with giant guns.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I hope they go for a more over-the-top pure action tone in this. They told their story in the main game, now just give me a playground and Nazis to murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Fuzz posted:

Clearly the solution is for Castle Wolfenstein to secretly be Castlevania.

Final boss fight is against giant Nazi Dracula.

Where can I Kickstart this.

e: a gothic horror themed Blood Dragon-esque Wolfenstein game would own so hard

• Locked thread