Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I like how it says all new art but still has the same old palace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I don't think so.

palace on the left, with the flag

What about the palace in the tank screenshot? Looks a lot like the old one. Maybe theres multiple versions?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Simulation games always sell better in Europe and in Germany especially. It's just one of those divides like xbox being more popular in the US and PLaystation being more popular here.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Looks better then I expected.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Same Writers as 4, so as everyone says it's just as good. You just have to get used to the new Penultimo, or as I consider him Penultimo Sr. He looks a lot like the old Penultimo but is nothing like him in personality or voice. Still funny though.

Also, this game does not gently caress around with military. In Tropico 4 it was trivial: keep people happy and build the occasional armory or guardpost to keep the gun-nuts happy then laugh every time the rebels get a hair up their rear end. Now? I had two barracks, a handful of guard towers and an army base for a brigade of tanks and thought I was king of poo poo mountain and probably spending a bit much on military.

Then the Axis took umbrage with me trading exclusively with the Allies and curbstomped me.

Are there actual interactive invasions now or is it still just a game over screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Jeeps were only used in the previous game for out of combat stuff iirc.

• Locked thread