Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone here interested in being part of a 2 or 4 pack preorder on Steam? I've got an additional 10% off coupon for applying for the beta that stacks with the preorder bonus, so can do a 2-pack at ~29 dollars each or the 4-pack at ~25 dollars each, if anyone wants to join in.

1: Palleon - http://steamcommunity.com/id/palleonsa
2: Pez Ez Dispenser - http://steamcommunity.com/id/misterperez/
3: Griz - http://steamcommunity.com/id/fatm0use
4: Bobtista - http://steamcommunity.com/id/tarwedge

Palleon fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Tropico 5 is showing up as an ~2GB download for me.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I really like the changes they've made for this, but my biggest complaint so far is how building works. I know it's been a weak point throughout the entire series, but it seems especially bad in this iteration. I never seem to have idle builders, which is nice, but I can't even count the number of times a building will get to 95-97% completed, and just stop for months or years before it gets finished. The workers all move on to something else, and it just doesn't progress anymore. The problem is compounded by the fact that you can't see how many builders are assigned to any project, and that the scaffolding seems to go up at a constant pace regardless of workers, so you have these jumps from 0% to 32% to 58% and nothing in-between, and if you have 2 or 20 workers, it seems to build at the same pace (until you get to the end, when it completes whenever it feels like it wants to).

Is anyone else seeing similar behavior, or am I somehow doing something very wrong which is stopping building from continuing? It seems to only be a problem on the larger buildings that use a crane in the animation, the smaller ones seem to work as expected.

Also, on an unrelated note, is it me, or does the religious buildings "Community Aid" not do anything? I've got residences literally next door touching it, and it doesn't show any increase from the alleged effect.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just hope a patch drastically increases tank speeds so they aren't slower than infantry.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

I'm a bit sad they still plan on having all the DLC be "a single most likely over-powered building and a hat".

I felt that with 4's dlc, the mission was usually interesting enough to justify the price for each dlc. If you only play in sandbox mode though, I can understand the issues.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tricky Ed posted:

Nothing like having your entire economy go offline because no one is bothering to haul the uranium from the mine (which has a full output!) to the nuclear power plant that is literally across the street. Traffic had been tying up my distribution network but I'd just gotten the metro system running and arrrrrrrrrgh.

Good thing it was late in the campaign and the island got nuked minutes later. It was almost a relief.

I would really like more options for storage. It's the perfect sort of thing to add to research and trigger game events from. Each era and resource have their own building needs... silos for grains, cheese production for milk (plus food variety!), smokehouses for meat, warehouses for raw materials and manufactured goods, refrigerated warehouses for perishable goods... So many options are there. I know art assets aren't free and getting too fine-grained would be infuriating as well, but that's really the most glaring system that is missing from an otherwise great upgrade.

I had the same problem, where I kept plopping down teamsters, and traffic wasn't bad, but no one would pick up anything from anywhere and I was quickly tens of thousands in debt. The pathing in this game is really bad, some teamsters were ignoring the 10+ pickups they needed to make near their office, and were going to one end of the island to grab something, then dragging it back across to the other end of the island to a dock, ignoring 3 closer ones, and it was the same for pretty much every office. I assume that's also why construction fails so often late game, no one prioritizes closer jobs so they just spend the entire game moving around and ultimately doing nothing.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There are at least 4 campaign islands. Maybe more, not sure how much longer it is, but you get 2 more around 10 missions in.

Edit: badly beaten

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I ran into an interesting bug, I paused the game to eat dinner, when I came back and unpaused it, I instantly finished researching all 6 remaining techs in the World Wars era, and my bank account somehow accumulated 600,000 dollars out of thin air. El Presidente, how do you do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Khisanth Magus posted:

That would be your hidden "unrest" meter. Generate too much unrest from banishing/killing people(even if they deserve it) and a huge revolt happens. There is no way to actually tell how close you are to this, and there is no safe way to deal with crime lords.

You need to take the constitution option that eliminates revolts, then you can oppress to your hearts content.

• Locked thread