Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Blhue posted:

I think they're referring more to when the siblings chant their dumb chant and then glow red.

I actually like that. It seems to be one part magic chant and one part soldier creed.
If I was training a regiment of elite soldiers, I'd totally do something like that. Even if it didn't cause a red power-up.

EDIT: It also encourages distancing one's emotion from one's actions and dehumanizes the enemy. That's pretty good.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I read up to the latest chapter in the Chaika manga. While it has its merits, the show does action scenes much better and the director made the extremely wonderful decision to cut down Akari's brother complex. I was honestly shocked how much the manga plays that poo poo up compare to the show. So big props to them for that.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I hate to say it but the torture makes sense in a horrific way. If magic power is derived from memories then I would expect clearer and more vivid memories to yield more energy. What could be more vivid and deeply etched than memories of torture? Not to mention that such memories can be easily and reliably created. Ugh. :smith:

Yeah, Zita says this verbatim. She also notes that they used sensitive young girls for maximum effect. :smithicide:

Gotta say, this show has really thrown off the kid gloves.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dragon Cavalier Tohru would be :stare: as gently caress. Amazing season. Eagerly waiting for S2.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Guyver posted:

Second season preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coQHwcwW8Ao

New footage starts half way in.

I never understood these previews. You have blaring music while a voice over is describing the show and various sections of the episode are hastily glued together with jump cuts.

I'm gonna give this the benefit of the doubt and say that they tried to create a spoiler-free trailer, which is why little of note is in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Haha, no, it's because next to none of the animation is done yet.

Yeah, I know. :( But I have hopes for this, dammit!

• Locked thread