Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
EDIT: Hey guys, thanks for watching so far. It hasn't been a super popular thread or anything, but I had fun, and I appreciate all the comments.

My grandfather died last week, and since I've had family over for the funeral and to pay their respects, I haven't had much time to record, and frankly, don't feel very funny.

I'm going to put this one on indefinite hiatus. I know this sucks, especially coming off of the failed Diablo LP, and it's bad LP etiquette or whatever, but I really need to focus on what's important in my life right now, and it's not recording LPs.

Hold on, didn't you just gently caress up a Diablo III LP?

I did. I used some pretty terrible software though, and I've got a new setup that should grant me some better results. So, without further ado...

Part 1, Sand Central Station: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PaaYsQb0uY&feature=youtu.be

Part 2, Times Square Off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWfhVbgBvqc&list=UUovBEut1PdscLeQTwpgqOaQ

Part 3, Exploratory Laboratory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18XPghvLxTA&feature=youtu.be

Part 4, Rock Up At The Lock Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPpKM_QtTE&feature=youtu.be

Part 5, Rebooted, Resuited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FLtZmkCKSU&feature=youtu.be

Bonus 1, Pizzamobile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXSOdnIUnc&feature=youtu.be
LEGO (yes, they spell it in all caps) Marvel Super Heroes is one of the latest games in the Lego series. The formula started with LEGO Star Wars, which was a bit of a breakout hit. How these games generally work is simple, go through stages with some puzzles that you use multiple characters abilities to solve, fight off hordes of brick-built-baddies, collect LEGO studs to fill a bar and get some cash, and other sorts of things. But the plot of the LEGO games is never the spotlight, instead, in the same spirit of the toys, creativity is the focus. You can unlock pretty much any character you see in the game, and use them in Free Play mode, which allows you to play through stages with your unlocked characters, which lets you solve hidden side puzzles to collect various doodads.

I knew that, what's different about this one?

-A massive New York hub world, allowing you to run around doing heroic things like fighting thugs, breaking into Italian Restaurants, and solving random stranger's problems in search of unlocks and Gold Bricks, which...unlock more things.

-Voice Acting. They added this in Lego Batman 2. While the pantomime shenanigans of the previous games were pretty much unanimously praised, the voice acting isn't bad either, and there are some genuinely funny moments and lines. The pantomime background humor isn't totally gone either.

-Vehicles. You can steal cars from the poor citizens of New York and play LEGO GTA starring Iron Man pedaling a bicycle down the street.

-Deadpool's Bonus Levels. These are hidden stages you can unlock in the hub world, and feature Deadpool telling some sort of silly story (Doctor Octopus and Agent Coulson teaming up to do janitorial duty, etc.), which function as short, fun bonus stages.

-"Big Figs". Giant characters like Hulk and Thing with special animations and abilities.

Sounds good/terrible. What are you going to be doing?

Definitely at least a run of each level in Story Mode and Free Play. Hub World shenanigans depend on if people want them/my computer not making GBS threads out again.

So you'll be giving us awesome background info on all these classic characters?

Not really. I have never read a Marvel comic book in my life, and I'm pretty clueless about most of it. I just like the LEGO games a lot. But, since I'm doing post commentary, and there are some sections of tedium/dead air in this game, I'll try searching these characters on the Marvel Wiki and giving some sweet factoids about how loving weird they are. Because if there's one thing I know about comics it's that they're weird.

So, while I get the first video ready I'll leave the thread with a choice, Hub World Shenanigans, how much do you want to see?

Character Roster:

Iron Man: Tony Stark is a billionaire philanthropist and playboy, and is not Batman. He's Iron Man instead. Tony's suit allows him to fly, shoot energy and missle barrages, and makes him the shiniest thing in the game.

Nick Fury: Director Nick Fury of SHIELD is the coolest motherfucker in the game despite not doing much of anything. He acheives this by being plastic Samuel L. Jackson.

Maria Hill: Deputy Director of SHIELD. Fury's right hand, helpful because he can't see out of that eye.

Phil Coulson: SHIELD Officer. Closet Captain America fanboy. Is the only character to share a voice actor with the films.

Viktor Von Doom: Dr. Doom is the king of Latveria, a fake country in Eastern Europe, and an evil genius, frequently dabbling in the occult, alien technology, and other stuff he probably shouldn't gently caress around with. This will not stop him from doing it once per video game he appears in.

Loki: Norse God of Mischeif, Loki is a smooth talking wizard with the ability to manipulate others, or just kill them with blasts from his arcane staff. Don't search for him on Tumblr.

Hulk/Bruce Banner: Dr. Bruce Banner was infected with Gamma radiation and given the ability to transform into The Hulk, a big, green, angry guy with incredible physical strength and a bit of a speech impediment.

Abomination/Emil Blonsky: Also infected with Gamma, Blonsky's transformation is comparable in strength to The Hulk, but not on the side of our heroes. Also they keep changing what he looks like, he's usually more fishy.

Sandman: A man made of sand. His control over tiny eroded rocks makes him a formidable foe (?)

Spiderman: Peter Parker's superhuman identity, Spiderman, was given powers by a radioactive spider bite, giving him unnatural reflexes and agility. He also packs a pair of synthetic web shooters used as weapons and transportation. He's the "funny guy", which sort of makes him not very funny in this game.

Reed Richards: Mr. Fantastic is the leader of the Fantastic 4, and a genius. His superpower is being really stretchy, and contorting himself into all sorts of shapes to accomplish tasks. Holding the "special ability" button turns him into a teapot. There's an achievement for this.

Captain America: Frozen in ice during WWII, and thawed out by the Avengers (maybe, it's retconned? I guess? I don't read comics.), Steven Rogers is a super soldier and patriot who likes America, shields, and punching Nazis...or...uh...HYDRA. Definitely not Nazis.

Dr. Octopus: Otto Octavius is a genius scientist with 4 robotic limbs he uses to commit crime and generally be an rear end in a top hat. He falls victim to standard video game boss weakness #41, getting stuck in his own battlefield.

Black Widow: Natalia Romanoff (goes by Nastasha) is an ex-Soviet spy with years of training and natural talent. She is an asset to SHIELD and frequent ally of the "real" superheroes.

Hawkeye: Clint Barton is an acrobat who shoots a variety of specialized arrows at his foes. He's snarky and kind of an rear end in a top hat, but hey, he's purple.

Green Goblin: Norman Osborn is not only the head of Totally Legitimate Science Company Oscorp, he also puts on a goblin costume and flies around on a little surfboard, tossing bombs at people. Hobbies of the rich and famous.

Venom: An alien lifeform sent to Earth in the form of a symbiotic suit. The wearer recieves enhanced strength, senses, and superhuman powers, but is controlled by the malevolent entity inside the suit. Hates dubstep.

Wolverine: An angry Canadian mutant with claws, indestructible bones, and enhanced healing and regeneration, Wolverine is a force to be reckoned with. He also growls alot and seems generally unpleasant. Hulk thinks he has ugly sideburns.

Sabretooth: He's like Wolverine but a bad guy. He has a nice coat though.

Mystique: Shapeshifting evil mutant. Can apparently pilot a helicopter. In her true form, she has blue skin and a skull ornament on her head, cementing the "I'M A BAD GUY" angle.

The Leader: Infected with Gamma radiation, The Leader's brain grew immensely, granting him incredible knowledge and psychic power, making him a deadly...he's a miniboss who dies in one hit.

Magneto: Erik is the Master of Magnetism, one of the strongest mutants in the world. His power over metal gives him an edge against nearly all conventional weapons, and being able to fly doesn't hurt his chances.

Aldrich Killian: A mysterious villain with the ability to teleport and shoot fire. He's...uh...pretty dull. Also mute.

Mandarin: Genius Asian inventor Mandarin harnessed alien technology to create his Ten Rings, which give him supernatural powers. He really hates Tony Stark.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Ah this game, its pretty fun. Except the races. May those burn for how badly they are designed.
Anyways, show a bit of the hub, so we can see a bit of what New York is like. Also, Stan Lee is in some fun places there.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."

LordHippoman posted:

Hold on, didn't you just gently caress up a Diablo III LP?

I did. I used some pretty terrible software though, and I've got a new setup that should grant me some better results. So, without further ado...

Have you considered first having a video up then posting a thread, after the last time?

Also, are there going to be spoilers to the latest sequels? I'm not asking this to discourage, in fact, I'm too jaded to sit through the films, but kind of curious if anything interesting happens, especially if it's related in the LP format.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

supermikhail posted:

Have you considered first having a video up then posting a thread, after the last time?

Also, are there going to be spoilers to the latest sequels? I'm not asking this to discourage, in fact, I'm too jaded to sit through the films, but kind of curious if anything interesting happens, especially if it's related in the LP format.

Yeah, I was worried about jumping the gun, but I do have decent footage this time, unlike with D3 where I just thought "WELP, HYPERCAM WILL CARRY ME THROUGH!"

Oh, and the plot of Lego Marvel Super Heroes doesn't really spoil anything, because it's a stand alone story. Unlike Star Wars or Indiana Jones, this is more of a big fanfiction sort of plot. I haven't seen the new sequels yet, but I won't look up the plots and spoil them in my Wiki runs.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ah, now eventually you do plan to have videos on your, on your video LP, right? Hello?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You tease, luring people in without a video for days :allears:

LordHippoman posted:

Hub World Shenanigans, how much do you want to see?
If you think it's hilarious then keep it in the video. If you want, do a bonus video just loving about in the hub.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Oh, don't poo poo bricks. I'll have the first video stacked in here in a few hours, I minifigure.

If you're still alive after reading that, thanks for hub world feedback, I'll definitely show some of the trickier unlocks Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Stan Lee and some dumb Grand Theft Auto featuring The Hulk crap. To tide you over, here's a dumb promo thing I wrote in the spirit of the Batman TV show.

UH OH! It seems SANDMAN and ABOMINATION are causing a DELAY at Grand Central Station! It's up to IRON MAN and THE HULK to keep the trains running on time! Will it be a DAY AT THE BEACH? Or will the villains evade their JUST DESERTS? Find out next time, on LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PaaYsQb0uY&feature=youtu.be

First video is up, opening cinematics and first stage complete.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The video is set to private.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

The video is set to private.

Huh, it says it's set to public now. Maybe a processing bug. Should be fixed.

I just noticed that Vegas didn't save the balancing changes on the audio tracks, so I'm a little too quiet in this one. My bad.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
It's interesting that this and the Lego Movie game feature talking characters when I know older Lego crossover games didn't, when did the talking characters thing start?

Scalding Coffee posted:

OP said Batman 2.

Oh right. :downs:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 23, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
OP said Batman 2.

LordHippoman posted:

Huh, it says it's set to public now. Maybe a processing bug. Should be fixed.

I just noticed that Vegas didn't save the balancing changes on the audio tracks, so I'm a little too quiet in this one. My bad.
Youtube is taking its time. Wait a bit before posting videos so you won't get "video is private" comments.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Yeah, voice acting started in Batman 2. Alot of the voice cast for this game is the usual suspects (Nolan North, Robin Atkin Downes, Fred Tatasciore, Steve Blum, Tara Strong, Troy Baker), but the guy doing Agent Coulson is actually the actor from the films. A lot of these actors are also pulling around septuple duty, with a ton of characters under their belts. I'd post the list, but some people might be concerned about spoilers, although this game is sort of a giant mishmash of Marvel stuff, so if they're a recognizable name, they'll show up somewhere.

And yes, for all the Marvel Heroes goons who read this, Groot is playable

Anyway, I'm recording commentary for the next episode, so here's a promo:

When CAPTAIN AMERICA and MR. FANTASTIC enter the Baxter Building, there's octuple trouble with DOCTOR OCTOPUS! Will our heroes chase down the cephalopod schemer? Or will they be the ones with ink on their faces? Also, LORDHIPPOMAN breaks random objects for a good 10 MINUTES.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Oh man, I'm glad they got level 2 out of the way early, because Mr. Fantastic and Cap together were one of the least fun combinations of heroes that they force you into for the main game. At least Spidey shows up later in the level to break up the tedium.

Despite that, I loving love this game. I feel like they got the lowest point out of the way early.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 25, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

The Steak Justice posted:

Oh man, I'm glad they got level 2 out of the way early, because Mr. Fantastic and Cap together were one of the least fun combinations of heroes that they force you into for the main game. At least Spidey shows up later in the level to break up the tedium.

Despite that, I loving love this game. I feel like they got the lowest point out of the way early.

Stage 2 was pretty dull, and on my first playthrough I was worried about the rest of the game being that way. It drags, there are about 2 puzzles (Throw Shield, Go into Grate, Throw Shield, put out fire.) repeated for 40 or so minutes, and the dialogue doesn't really have any memorable moments outside of J. Jonah Jameson's random screaming rant about back pain and what is probably the worst "TOPICAL HUMOR!" moment in the entire series. But yeah, it's definitely good to get it out of the player's way early, especially since I feel like a lot of the best stages are around mid-game.

Episode 2 should be up tomorrow, no time to upload tonight because of upcoming finals. But hey, don't worry, it's a dull level anyway! I'll try to bring in fun characters when I do the Free Play run.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser
Soooo is it just me or is the sound quality garbage and the video kind of running janky?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

TCat posted:

Soooo is it just me or is the sound quality garbage and the video kind of running janky?

Some of that can be attributed to Youtube's compression and the game's struggle to function in windowed mode, and the other bit to my mic breaking and forcing me to use my lovely backup.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

New episode is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWfhVbgBvqc&list=UUovBEut1PdscLeQTwpgqOaQ

This stage, these jokes, pretty much everything is :effort:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

New update is up, commentary is iffy, sorry. Been busy, and had to record late and on sleep aids. Joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18XPghvLxTA&feature=youtu.be

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How many more stages until you actually get to that New York hub? Are Hawkeye and Black Widow in it now?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Glazius posted:

How many more stages until you actually get to that New York hub? Are Hawkeye and Black Widow in it now?

The hub takes a while to really unlock. Whenever Hippo is wandering around without a True Believer bar popping up, he's in a hub. The part before the Baxter Building, the area where Hawkeye & Widow start, etc. are all part of the hub. Everything will open up and connect later on. Initially, each "hub" area is a pretty small section, essentially a lobby area.

There's a little bit of FFXIII shenanigans going on with regard to how long it takes for the player to gain access to the full functionality of the game systems, and the game is pretty horrible about actually communicating that.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Suzaku posted:

The hub takes a while to really unlock. Whenever Hippo is wandering around without a True Believer bar popping up, he's in a hub. The part before the Baxter Building, the area where Hawkeye & Widow start, etc. are all part of the hub. Everything will open up and connect later on. Initially, each "hub" area is a pretty small section, essentially a lobby area.

There's a little bit of FFXIII shenanigans going on with regard to how long it takes for the player to gain access to the full functionality of the game systems, and the game is pretty horrible about actually communicating that.

This is pretty much dead on. Certain areas and puzzles in the hub world are currently sort of locked down, because we don't have, for example, Thor, to power Lightning Switches. Some characters with side quests won't appear until after certain points in the story. But after Exploratory Laboratory is probably the biggest trigger for unlocking most of it, and I'll be recording some hub world tonight, including unlocking my personal favorite Marvel superdude, Luke Cage, SWEET CHRISTMAS!

Keep in mind that in the hub, you can switch freely between everyone you've unlocked, so I won't have to do any running back and forth between a certain point or anything.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

First Bonus Video is up, let's hit the streets in our tiny car and generally ruin the lives of everyone in New York City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXSOdnIUnc&feature=youtu.be

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
I've got this game on the 3DS, and while it's very fun and very playable, it's astounding how much of the story got cut out just in the minor cutscenes and the like. Glad I found this so I can fill in the missing pieces!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
What's funny about Venom having a Big-Figure mode is that Venom is regularly depicted as being larger and more muscular than Spider-Man so him having a Big-Figure mode makes a lot of sense.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

What's funny about Venom having a Big-Figure mode is that Venom is regularly depicted as being larger and more muscular than Spider-Man so him having a Big-Figure mode makes a lot of sense.

What's even funnier is a bug on the PC version where when you get big Venom in Free Mode you sometimes can't transform him back to little Venom--it insists on pulling up the character swap instead. You can swap to little Venom via that, but there's still a chance that if you transform back into big Venom you once again can't transform back.

It doesn't *always* happen, but it happens often enough for me to not want to bulk him up >_>

Another fun note: When you try to use a trigger with a character who can't (hack terminals, web-slinger points, grates, etc) as a character who cannot use them, the game displays the portrait of the default character who can, regardless of who you have in your party at the time. Heightened Senses triggers will ALWAYS show Spider-Man's icon, regardless of whether you have Venom, Wolverine, etc in your party instead. So you have to figure out what characters can do what because the game certainly won't show you!

I actually learned something new about a certain character when I was playing last night because of that!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Whenever I unlock a new character I take a minute to work out everything they can do.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

The need for experimentation with characters in this one is a lot more pronounced than in the older ones like Star Wars or Indiana Jones. You usually just had categories (Ranged, Small, Force User, Explosives) or whatever that everyone fit into pretty neatly, and they do to an extent in LMSH, but there's a lot more variation. Hopefully we'll see more of that soon, but Venom is a solid example.

Anyway, Trouble At The Raft will be up when I get recording time.

EDIT: Sickness delay, sorry. Video is all recorded, I'll just have to get to commentary when it doesn't sound like I'm talking with a golf ball in my throat.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 27, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPpKM_QtTE&feature=youtu.be

Chapter 4 is up now, sorry 'bout the delay. This one has Wolverine in it if you're into that guy.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
Sadly it was really hard to hear most of your commentary over the sound effects and music >_<
But great Lego-y shenanigans all the way though- I love all the little sight gags they throw in there, like the Hulk poster, and Tony trying to look at Hulk's rear end there at the end... XD

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
This level is not one of my favorites. It doesn't quite have as many cool things as latter levels do.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Quick heads up, family member in the hospital, I've been running between home and the emergency ward all week, had no time to update, sorry. I'll get something done when I can.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Godspeed, then.

This game's humor is a little hit and miss, but I loved Wolverine flailing around like an angry kitty when Hulk pulled him from the rubble.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hope things go alright Hippoman.

"Hulk Smash Ugly Sideburns" is one of the many wonderful things Hulk says. Hulk is probably the best character in the story bits.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update: Hey, sorry about the wait. One of my family members is in the hospital with cancer. At the same time, so is the grandmother of a close friend of mine, so it's a nice double whammy of "gently caress Life Right Now". I'm not abandoning this LP (I'd like to finish more than Mortimer Beckett and Mad Father at some point), but my video recording time is really limited right now, for obvious reasons, and because a lot of family is at my house, and I'd rather not explain to them why I'm babbling into a microphone at plastic superheroes.

Update To The Update: Family is gone, new update should be in a day or two.

I'm going to be alright, so don't worry about me. I'll have content up as soon as I can, but until then, I wrote a quick roster for the characters we've met so far, I'll add it to the OP and put it here.

In Order Of Appearance:

Iron Man: Tony Stark is a billionaire philanthropist and playboy, and is not Batman. He's Iron Man instead. Tony's suit allows him to fly, shoot energy and missle barrages, and makes him the shiniest thing in the game.

Nick Fury: Director Nick Fury of SHIELD is the coolest motherfucker in the game despite not doing much of anything. He acheives this by being plastic Samuel L. Jackson.

Maria Hill: Deputy Director of SHIELD. Fury's right hand, helpful because he can't see out of that eye.

Phil Coulson: SHIELD Officer. Closet Captain America fanboy. Is the only character to share a voice actor with the films.

Viktor Von Doom: Dr. Doom is the king of Latveria, a fake country in Eastern Europe, and an evil genius, frequently dabbling in the occult, alien technology, and other stuff he probably shouldn't gently caress around with. This will not stop him from doing it once per video game he appears in.

Loki: Norse God of Mischeif, Loki is a smooth talking wizard with the ability to manipulate others, or just kill them with blasts from his arcane staff. Don't search for him on Tumblr.

Hulk/Bruce Banner: Dr. Bruce Banner was infected with Gamma radiation and given the ability to transform into The Hulk, a big, green, angry guy with incredible physical strength and a bit of a speech impediment.

Abomination/Emil Blonsky: Also infected with Gamma, Blonsky's transformation is comparable in strength to The Hulk, but not on the side of our heroes. Also they keep changing what he looks like, he's usually more fishy.

Sandman: A man made of sand. His control over tiny eroded rocks makes him a formidable foe (?)

Spiderman: Peter Parker's superhuman identity, Spiderman, was given powers by a radioactive spider bite, giving him unnatural reflexes and agility. He also packs a pair of synthetic web shooters used as weapons and transportation. He's the "funny guy", which sort of makes him not very funny in this game.

Reed Richards: Mr. Fantastic is the leader of the Fantastic 4, and a genius. His superpower is being really stretchy, and contorting himself into all sorts of shapes to accomplish tasks. Holding the "special ability" button turns him into a teapot. There's an achievement for this.

Captain America: Frozen in ice during WWII, and thawed out by the Avengers (maybe, it's retconned? I guess? I don't read comics.), Steven Rogers is a super soldier and patriot who likes America, shields, and punching Nazis...or...uh...HYDRA. Definitely not Nazis.

Dr. Octopus: Otto Octavius is a genius scientist with 4 robotic limbs he uses to commit crime and generally be an rear end in a top hat. He falls victim to standard video game boss weakness #41, getting stuck in his own battlefield.

Black Widow: Natalia Romanoff (goes by Nastasha) is an ex-Soviet spy with years of training and natural talent. She is an asset to SHIELD and frequent ally of the "real" superheroes.

Hawkeye: Clint Barton is an acrobat who shoots a variety of specialized arrows at his foes. He's snarky and kind of an rear end in a top hat, but hey, he's purple.

Green Goblin: Norman Osborn is not only the head of Totally Legitimate Science Company Oscorp, he also puts on a goblin costume and flies around on a little surfboard, tossing bombs at people. Hobbies of the rich and famous.

Venom: An alien lifeform sent to Earth in the form of a symbiotic suit. The wearer recieves enhanced strength, senses, and superhuman powers, but is controlled by the malevolent entity inside the suit. Hates dubstep.

Wolverine: An angry Canadian mutant with claws, indestructible bones, and enhanced healing and regeneration, Wolverine is a force to be reckoned with. He also growls alot and seems generally unpleasant. Hulk thinks he has ugly sideburns.

Sabretooth: He's like Wolverine but a bad guy. He has a nice coat though.

Mystique: Shapeshifting evil mutant. Can apparently pilot a helicopter. In her true form, she has blue skin and a skull ornament on her head, cementing the "I'M A BAD GUY" angle.

The Leader: Infected with Gamma radiation, The Leader's brain grew immensely, granting him incredible knowledge and psychic power, making him a deadly...he's a miniboss who dies in one hit.

Magneto: Erik is the Master of Magnetism, one of the strongest mutants in the world. His power over metal gives him an edge against nearly all conventional weapons, and being able to fly doesn't hurt his chances.

Aldrich Killian: A mysterious villain with the ability to teleport and shoot fire. He's...uh...pretty dull. Also mute.

Mandarin: Genius Asian inventor Mandarin harnessed alien technology to create his Ten Rings, which give him supernatural powers. He really hates Tony Stark.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 14, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Oh my god an update happened.

Rumors of my death are greatly whatever here's a boring level with some bad puns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FLtZmkCKSU&feature=youtu.be

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess that's the problem with technological superheroes as opposed to your Johnny Storm types: someone can just jack your gear and use it against you.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Unfortunately, I've got another family emergency, which is why I've not updated in ages. I'd love to put more out, because this is taking way too long, but a ton of family members are staying at my place right now, so sitting at a computer babbling about what plastic superhero is best isn't exactly a good idea.

Sorry for the wait, but next level we fight HYDRA!

Which is cool?

Right? :smith:

I updated the character lists with the two new villains we met (and immediately disposed of) in Rebooted, Resuited.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hail Hydra!

This game goes way the hell out of its way to include pretty much anyone you've ever heard of in Marvel Comics. The only ones they leave out are the super-duper obscure ones or one-offs like, I dunno, Adam Warren's Livewires or the Runaways.

In any case, take your drat time. We understand.

• Locked thread