Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

coconono posted:

Yeah, I'm a little hosed off by the inconsistency. They could probably write it off as a alternate dimension switcheroo, I guess. The only person who would know what's up would be Maria Hill and that's consistent with her character being two-faced.

Otherwise I loved the crap out of Avengers& New Avengers.

Yeah I'm not too bothered by those not lining up, since the only thing that has come over from Waid's Hulk is the armor. Have his assistants or anything ever shown up in other books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
If you look at the graphic with all the members in the beginning of each issue of Avengers, it lists all the different characters.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I already posted in the BSS Chat thread, but you guys should really check out Mighty Avengers this week. It's dealing with some parts related to Original Sin that people have been curious about Uatu's wife and child and the Land art is probably the best single book I've seen from him. Seriously, if you've been putting this book off because of his art, you should really flip through it this week.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Avengers #30 answered a lot of my issues of when this is happening in relation to NA.

Also, Old Clint best Clint.

Original Sin is turning out really good so far.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

Well Avengers 30 totally spoils an ongoing Hawkeye solo series mystery.

I dunno I can imagine Hawkeye lying to himself.

EDIT: BTW I forgot to mention that Mighty Avengers references Nextwave this week.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I was honestly expecting the Great Society to attack the Illuminati because on their world, they are the not-legion of Doom.

Also, BP telling namor "Shut the gently caress UP".

Yeah I love how they actually tried to talk it out first. And Tony's "Oh God" when things really started to go to poo poo.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

This issue has convinced me that the Bruce Banner in NA is the evil duplicate.

Banner: Hey Hank, look I fought my evil, sociopath alternate dimension counter part and put him in a prison so I could go off the grid and help you guys out. He was just like me, only he had a device installed to allow him to change into Hulk at will since he couldn't trigger the change itself.

On a completely unrelated note, I need your help to build a device I can use to change into the Hulk at the press of a button. It will really help us stop the Incursions.

Nope.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
From NA#2

Could this be the upcoming battle? That sure looks like Superman and Wonder Woman in the background.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That looks like Hyperion and a random negative zone bug? That short sequence in NA still confuses me. Was it a flash forward or other incursions from other universes? I'm guessing the latter.

I think it was a flash forward but some of the designs might have not been finalized yet.
Also rereading Avengers #30 I just realized that Tony had Strange implant the idea of how the new Avengers team was going to work. Missed that the first time.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

head58 posted:

How's that? Strange isn't in 30 at all?

This page

It's overwhelming--
all-consuming--
and I can't shut it off.

That isn't a very Captain America idea. That sounds much more like Stark or Reed who can't get an idea out of their head until they work through it.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 18, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Thurm posted:

He's quoting what Tony said to him in issue 1.

You're right! I was thinking it was Steve who had said that. Nevermind then.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Starsnostars posted:

I thought that Stark had the idea of the huge, powerful Avengers team in placed Steve's mind so that Steve could put together this powerful team which could deal with almost any threat that came their way giving the Illumanti the opportunity to make their sole focus the threat of the incursions.

Banner said as much during his meeting in Avengers #29

This is also what made me think that Tony implanted the idea into Cap's head.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 18, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

This man has learned nothing from Civil war.

This is a bit of a different situation.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I can't stand fiction where the author makes up a story. What's the point?

EDIT: Are you trying to say you aren't as interested in it because you can't relate to it? Like there would never be a point in your life where you would have to decide if you are gonna blow up some other Earth?

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 27, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
How angry could he be at a guy who is just trying to save his world?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I bet they already did and he is off destroying the planet while they distract the Justice League.
(Not really)

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
How loving great would it be that after Cataclysm, the Ultimate earth just gets blown up by the Illuminati?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That was a different one (referred as Galaktus).
No, it was 616 Galactus in Cataclysm.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

From today's Miles Morales

I totally missed that! I guess I assumed it was just crazy rambling and glazed over it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No. The Galactus he's referring is the one on NA#4 who had Terrax as his herald. That's not 616's Galactus.

Ah I misunderstood that post. You're right!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
UNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
I can't loving wait.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

HULK HULK HULK

IS there a run that really goes into this stuff? I'd be interested in reading it.

EDIT: Also the JL fight isn't over so there is still a possibility Tony plays an important role.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gatts posted:

Did I miss something? Is the Earth gone in the Avengers issue? Just the fact that Cap is talking to future Franklin and the Avengers Machine is still going suggests things will go as they will and work out because the Universe exists.
Did you even read the issue?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
If you're looking at this interaction between Franklin and Cap it's like you have about 30 minutes to explain to a three-year-old why they should not take a cookie out of the cookie jar.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

It's simple, if he takes a cookie out of the cookie jar I'm going smash the cookie jar and never buy cookies again and everyone will be sad and it'll be HIS FAULT. That doesn't take 30 minutes to explain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9UfY_94sKU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

Only because I can't remember: Has it been clarified just how long these incursions across the multi-v have been occurring? Was it like thousands of years but they're not just making their way to 616 with any regularity?

No I think it's a new thing. The breakdown between universes is what alerted the Alephs and caused them to go on a warpath towards earth to try and stop them.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

Okay. It does seem as if the...larger-scale figures involved have been entrenched for a pretty long time though--the mapmakers, the Ivory Kings, and all the other Giant Scary End Bosses we've only caught glimpses of.

Time is fluid and we just saw some mapmakers get developed by AIM. I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually saw the Ivory Kings get set into motion as well.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gatts posted:

Skimmed through it. Will read in detail when I get home.

Oh ok, Franklin actually addresses your exact point.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah I think it's reasonable to assume that something on Earth set all this stuff in motion, and like we saw with the rogue planet, these events are not happening in a linear order.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I genuinely feel sorry who whoever gets to follow Hickman writing Avengers.

Bendis is coming back for round 3

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I'm okay with this if it gets him off X-Men.

No he does all of it at once.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
What do you think are the chances they try to do West Coast Avengers again? With Iron Man being there I wouldn't be surprised.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sithsaber posted:

What would be the point? Most of the core avengers can get around the world in minutes, and it's not like Stark cares about eradicating drug cartels.

I'm just commenting on the fact that there have been quite a few characters changing coasts.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm guessing that is going to be SpOck that joins the team when they bring him back. I'm so excited.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Waterhaul posted:

They aren't bringing Spock back, he's just going to be in some flashback issues.

The outline looks more like Migel O Hara.

Miguel would be a much better fit. Btw I wasn't saying I am excited about SpOck coming back(or not), I'm excited about Greg Land not being on that book anymore.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

His Dad was always the evil head of an evil corporation and now he's trying to protect his great-something-grandfather so he doesn't get wiped from existence. Of course it means he's not actually Irish-Mexican so dock some diversity points from Mighty.

How do you get that he can't be Irish-Mexican?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

Well his Irish heritage was supposed to be from his Irish Cop father's side but he's actually the result of an affair with the WASPiest guy to ever run an evil mega corporation.

Oh ok I thought you were implying that what is happening right now invalidates that. I didn't know it was already established.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

gfanikf posted:

I thought the consensus was that SA was crappy...it isn't...welp time to buy more comics.

It was until the most recent #1 which gave it a new creative team.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

squidgee posted:

I think you mean saving everyone in two goddamn universes.

Well everyone except for the several billion people living on the earth he blew up.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I would love to see the script for that page.
EDIT: I would actually like to see the script for most of NA's issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Actually one it the things I want to see from the aftermath of Cap blowing the secret into the open is how many of the Avengers go "so we'd be dead if they hadn't done that? Why are we against it again?"

Hawkeye clearly isn't on board. Widow and Logan probably would be for. Thor would take the incursion into his own book and solve them single handedly in the most badass and metal of ways. Hyperion we've seen try. He would actually be conflicted I think. He's all about life but he's also seen universes die.

There's no way the entire avengers machine focuses on just the Illuminati like Cap is doing.

I dunno, the ones he brought with him seemed like they were on Cap's side when he confronted Tony.

• Locked thread